What is the cheapest way of getting broadband at home?

(12 Posts)
TinyDiamond Fri 16-May-14 20:34:26

I wouldn't need TV or anything really.

How much do you pay? Do you always need a landline?

I need the connection to be good.

Dreamgirls234 Fri 16-May-14 20:53:09

I pay £10 a month for plusnet my experience hasn't being too good very slow however I live close to a railway and when I say close very close on the other hand my friend has plusnet and hers is very fast. Depends where you live OP?

Charlesroi Fri 16-May-14 20:54:05

I think the only company that do it are Virgin, and they seem expensive.
Have you had a look at Talk Talk or Plus net? You can save a lot on the landline costs by paying for a year in advance just don't plug in the phone. See if you can get some cashback via Topcashback or Quidco.

TinyDiamond Fri 16-May-14 21:04:06

Inner city flat so no railways or anything near by. What do you pay pcm?

TinyDiamond Fri 16-May-14 21:04:43

Currently we have a package with everything through a major provider

Dreamgirls234 Fri 16-May-14 21:26:29

For broadband I pay £10.00 per month and then I'm with Bt for phone on lite user as I barely use it however it is there for emergencies. And for tv I'm with sky which is costly! But if it ever gets too much I just ring up and say can you do me a deal and they do as they hate loosing a customer....
Anyway you can get phone and broadband with plusnet for £20.00 per month or just broadband for £10.00 there is cheaper packages but obviously they are less MB I have unlimited broadband for £10.00 pm

TinyDiamond Fri 16-May-14 21:39:19

That is great thanks. Are you trapped into a contract for instance if it does not work.?

Dreamgirls234 Fri 16-May-14 21:49:28

I think you can terminate the contract at any time OP never actually looked that up will check that out now it's got me thinking I'm tempted to go with sky but reluctant because I'd have to go with them for phone and I adore my Bt lite user otherwise I'd be paying for a phone I wouldn't require... But my speed is bad however in other areas plusnet is great but generally speaking our whole area suffers whatever the provider just sky/virgin are faster for my area...

TinyDiamond Fri 16-May-14 22:13:41

I'd need a good speed as wpuld want.to use for watching programmes too

LadyKooKoo Thu 22-May-14 13:47:25

We hae EE broadband and it is �2 a month if you are a Tmobile/Orange or EE mobile customer. Phoneline is �14 a month or �11 a month if you pay 12 months upfront. Internet is perfect for us, I can be on internet, watching Netflix while DH is playing COD online and it can handle all that perfectly. If you sign up through TopCashBack then you will also get �130 cashback after three months. We signed up in February and got �100 cashback, it came through yesterday.

Lulubrown2 Sat 31-May-14 23:21:06

TOP EE DEAL
·UNLIMITED BROADBAND AND CALLS
·Just £2 a month for 12 months. Includes £10.00 a month discount for EE, T-Mobile and Orange mobile customers.
** Line rental £11.00 a month if you pay 12 months upfront, otherwise £15.40. Also includes weekend landline calls. offer ends 10th June 2014. www.topcashback.co.uk/share/best_deals/ee-broadband

Eminorsustained Sat 31-May-14 23:29:20

I have Virgin which on the face of it seems pricey though v fast at 60mps

But I don't need to pay £14 a month landline, and although my telly is linked up to it I never watch live TV , only iPlayer C4D etc , so I don't have to buy a TV licence.

So I save £24pm.

Obviously you need cable though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now