is Gumtree any good for selling on kids clothes?

(5 Posts)
Meglet Fri 16-May-14 13:59:11

My nerves can't take e-bay and FB selling pages anymore. I've done well on gumtree in the past (seems to be more reliable than FB pages) but wasn't sure whether clothes shifted on there?

I was going to price them up cheap. I'd rather make a hassle free fiver on gumtree than have all the stress of e-bay.

rookiemater Fri 16-May-14 18:11:05

I've tried shifting clothes on gumtree but didn't have any success. However its' free and as you say it's hassle free, so why not give it a go.

Meglet Sat 17-May-14 08:03:27

Yes, I might list a few things but I won't get my hopes up then.

T

Meglet Sat 17-May-14 08:05:42

The fb selling pages are a PITA. Everything moves so fast my items have dropped down within a couple of minutes. At least they can sit on gumtree for a month and someone might spot them.

rookiemater Sat 17-May-14 11:29:07

I'd put the clothes into bundles - you might have more joy that way and it's less hassle.

I have sold a few of DS's things on E-bay and done ok - but they need to be Boden or Joules. Generally what I'll do is stick on 2 pairs a go -one Boden or Joules and the other pair less fancy John Lewis/Next and have sold that way. But it is a bit of a hassle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now