Giving gas and electric readings...please help

(11 Posts)
Charlesroi Tue 11-Jun-13 13:56:57

Terrific news grin. Hopefully your debt will reduce quickly and you can drop the DD back down again.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 11-Jun-13 13:48:35

Well done you.

Bet that's a weight off your mind.

daisydee43 Tue 11-Jun-13 12:31:57

Yey!!!! I won
Rang edf today - looked online how to read meter properly and looks like I haven't read it correctly plus haven't been using tumble dryer at all.
After some debate and begging him to take my new reading I'm now paying £93 month - £69 gas and electric usage and £24 debt (from last year when I was paying only £40 month plus my debt has gone down from £555.80 to £221.76!!!!
I'm so happy

daisydee43 Sun 09-Jun-13 18:45:46

I know I'm so ashamed hmm have been using washing line constantly now. I will see if they will let me pay £90 month, fingers crossed (haven't told dh the amount yet, got 3 weeks to get it down

specialsubject Sat 08-Jun-13 13:27:44

tumble drier in a heatwave in June? No wonder you are in debt.

call EDF and negotiate what you can pay.

Charlesroi Fri 07-Jun-13 15:52:53

Call them back and say you can't afford £120 and won't be paying it. How much have you underpaid? Could you afford to offer an extra £10-20?
You really shouldn't be using the tumble drier at this time of year (I almost never use mine - just hang stuff up in the bathroom with the window open if I have to). Or hang stuff on the line (as long as it's not actually raining) for a bit, then use drier. Look at other ways you can cut back on elec usage too.

Hope you get it sorted.

daisydee43 Fri 07-Jun-13 08:06:35

Hi not getting rid of dryer as its integrated washing machine but not going to use it. My bil breaks down as future usage, debt, and underpayment - wish it could be one bill. Will try ringing them but don't want to pay debt off slower especially if I want to change providers - any better ones out there?
I know people pay a lot more (spoke to cousin this morning and she also has 2 bedrooms but a house and she pays £180 month) but its such a big jump

meglet Fri 07-Jun-13 07:46:17

I had a problem with EDF too. Despite always ringing in my readings (every other month) they didn't increase my bill for 14 months angry. So I had a £400 debt they expected to come out in one go! Obviously this wasn't possible so I negotiated them down to £20 a month.

But after this springs meter readings they've pissed about with my bill again and lowered it to a stupid amount which means I'll only be paying £3 of my debt off a month hmm. So I've got to ring th change it back to the £20 debt repayment a month.

I'm getting the feeling EDF don't know their arse from their elbow.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 07-Jun-13 07:38:19

Afaik they can't force a rise on you, I'm sure I read that on money saving expert.

I pleaded with them and they didn't raise mine.

A spin dryers what you need, it takes loads of water out so you don't need as much time in the dryer plus they cost pennies to run.

MissMarplesBloomers Fri 07-Jun-13 06:13:17

Ring them up today & say you can't afford it & negociate a smaller increase.

Don't get rid of the drier, it's better weather now but you may need it next winter!

daisydee43 Fri 07-Jun-13 05:54:23

Hi I thought I was being good so rang up edf to give gas and electric readings but my bill has gone from £70 month to £120!!! I'm so upset and worried and its due to come out of my account in 3 weeks. Obviously the tumble dryer is going now - if I stop using it and cut down elsewhere and then give readings in say 2 wks, will this help me or will it be even worse

Btw - the £120 includes a debt that accrued because last year I was only paying £40 month.

Please help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now