Budgets

(5 Posts)
Triumphoveradversity Fri 31-May-13 09:53:27

Stop buying takeaways, have one a month as a treat you will probably lose weight as well if your really eating a lot of them.

When you say buy junk I'm guessing it is just non essential stuff like magazines etc.

Just try and internally question if you need whatever it is your buying. Yes to all the spreadsheeting and direct debit planning but unless you can learn to self deny junk buying you will still have a problem.

Muuuuuuumcanihave Fri 31-May-13 08:19:53

I have got 2 accounts as that was my plan but just never got round to it. I will make a start on it tonight. Im fed up of being skint when on paper i shouldnt be.

lizzywig Fri 31-May-13 06:01:26

What helped me was getting a separate account for all direct debits to come out of. I put the right amount of money in for all DD's and then cross each one off my spreadsheet as they come out. Anything left in my account is therefore disposable. I also use my other account for Christmas and savings. I tend to put £220 into that account for food and then transfer it into my account when i need to spend it. It might sound like a faff but it works really well for us.

WipsGlitter Thu 30-May-13 21:07:43

Make a list of all DDs and the dates they go out on. Do a simple spread sheet - income pay, benefits etc, then all out goings then you can see what's left over. Then keep a note of all your spending for a month and work out where it goes.

Muuuuuuumcanihave Thu 30-May-13 21:03:59

Can anyone help me set up a budget or recommend a iphone app to help me budget, i am crap with money to the point where i am left with pence to live on and then i end up borrowing which means the next week im short due to paying back debts. I waste my money on junk, takeaways, and food shopping that doesnt get eaten as we have takeaways. I have no savings direct debits bounce nearly every month unless they drop on the day i get paid. I have read on a few threads on here to meal plan and shop around. I just want to know that bills are paid meals are planned and i have some starting to build up for xmas and bdays instead of doing my usual blagging and borrowing TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now