Miserly May come help me please!

(358 Posts)
MrsDeVere Tue 30-Apr-13 17:20:35

Heeeeelp meeeeee!

takeaway2 Fri 31-May-13 21:28:24

No NSD today. Took day off as its the last day of half term. Kids have been in nursery and holiday club the whole week. Managed to get my work all done by Thursday evening which was great. smile

Spent £5 at cafe (had 10% discount for being resident of city), £15 for lunch (had free starter! And DS v happily asked for tap water which was great as it saved me £5 for juice! And then an impromptu BBQ with friends and so paid £9 at m&s (as was the nearest store around) for coleslaw, bags of salad, bread buns and profiteroles... £29 in total which is fine seeing that I've apparently shaved off £600 my credit card bill!! grin

MamaTo2FabBoys Fri 31-May-13 17:48:45

Well I managed a nsd for the last day of the month so 14/16, which is not to bad as we had half term aswell. ill see everyone over in the june thread now.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-May-13 17:27:46

It's a brilliant feeling when debts reduce, it's such a weight off your mind too.

Got to parcel up my eBay stuff later, heading off to Poundworld (Harrods of the £ shops according to them) for packaging.

MamaTo2FabBoys Thu 30-May-13 17:21:07

13/16 nsds so not to bad.

Well done Takeaway. Its amazing what we can do when we put our mind to it.

takeaway2 Thu 30-May-13 16:55:40

oh and there's a £5 voucher off for a £30 shop at Lidl on the Lidl fb page!! I've just printed it off. They timed it really well since most people (like me!) get paid end of month. It's valid till 2nd June.

CremeEggThief Thu 30-May-13 16:48:34

Great stuff, takeaway.

£8.88, on wine, milk, chocolate and a tv magazine at the Co-op.

takeaway2 Thu 30-May-13 13:51:28

I think it's a NSD today - smile and some good news. I received one of the two credit card bills, and today's one was under £200!! this is from a usual of £800 a few months back, and then down to £400 and now sub 200. I'm really happy. This was through shopping at aldi (therefore not on cc but still looking at shopping bills of up to £50 as opposed to the weekly £80-100 at sainsbos/waitrose). My other credit card bill will come in about 10 days and I'm looking forward to that too because I think other than some spending for work (which has been or will be claimed back) it should be quite small too.

plus, I've sold a car seat on gumtree and the guy is coming tonight. yay!

CremeEggThief Wed 29-May-13 20:29:47

£1.50 on bus fares (and £59.45 on online Sainsburys shop, which won't come out until next week).

MamaTo2FabBoys Wed 29-May-13 16:26:46

Done a good shop for £30 after my vouchers came off so quite pleased. Off to have a look at the june thread now.

AdoraBell Wed 29-May-13 02:03:47

Signing off May with a moderate spend, rain let up so we went to get a few errands done. I have already reported my £20 supermarket spend on the June thread, I refuse to spend anymore money this week so I am ending March and beginning June with NSDs, not sure how many I've had this month now.

Schools are open again tomorrow, I think the rain didn't cause as much wide spread flooding as anticipapted although it is still raining and set to continue.

ArtemisatBrauron Tue 28-May-13 19:30:10

Trying to get our supermarket shops down so meal planning and leftover eating this week!

We are having 3 days out (half term) but bringing own lunches each day to save on spending money - only spend today was £2 in sainsbury's on ice packs to keep our lunch cool tomorrow!

MamaTo2FabBoys Tue 28-May-13 19:05:48

Everyone sounds busy, busy this week. I managed a nsd today so am pleased 12/16. Hoping to get another 1 in before the end of the month.

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 28-May-13 14:46:37

Had my refund for road tax today, £43 to go into the bank later.

Using up left over potatoes tonight as wedges! Wish I'd thought of that before.

I need cheap plates for the cat now that dh has used his old ones for mixing acid on and I broke one a couple.

Keep on frugalling, if a witty person could start a June thread that would be fab.

takeaway2 Tue 28-May-13 11:59:07

Thanks all. Adora - do stay safe!

I'm posting whilst waiting for my computer to reboot. Argh. Have managed to sort some of the to do list. Had a few more added since 1030 this morning. Stress. My administrator is on leave for a week.

Just opened the big major thing I need to do and it's looking massive. Damn. I have a meeting that I'm not sure will be too beneficial this afternoon so this gives me exactly 3 hours to sort some of this major stuff out. hmm

CremeEggThief Tue 28-May-13 11:42:36

Stay safe adora. X

ExasperatedSigh Tue 28-May-13 07:00:22

Had more of a spendy weekend than anticipated due to an extra £50 arriving in the joint account, from Yougov surveys (only took me about ten years to earn it). So went swimming on Sunday and had a lovely day out at a castle yesterday smile

DH found an expenses cheque that he'd forgotten to pay in as well, so that should see us through to Friday.

AdoraBell Tue 28-May-13 01:39:16

And now schools off tomorrow due to the storm that's approaching us shock so I may not be able to update, certainly won't be driving anywhere until it calms down.

AdoraBell Tue 28-May-13 00:44:08

I spent a bit too much today, considering I said tomorrow would be my spendy dayblush. Met OH in town and had a spot of lunch, he paid. Then had to use the expensive road to get to school (because OH's meeting ran on and he was an hour late) then popped into the local supermarket.

So, roads £1.20 into town and £2 coming back - OH did am school run
£34 in the supermarket. No frivolous snacks but DDs did persuade me to buy ready cooked from the deli counter for their packed lunch tomorrow. I'm still having trouble moving so they don't want me to have to cook for them, bless them. It's hammering down here and due to continue for a couple of days.

Good luck with those deadlines takeaway2 and I hope you get everything done before your holiday Northend

northender Mon 27-May-13 22:51:40

Oops grin

northender Mon 27-May-13 22:51:19

My work feels like that too at the moment takeaway sad . I go on a weeks annual leave on Friday and have no idea yet how I'm going to get to Friday.
very impressed with all your NSDs, well done. This week shouldn't be too bad spend wise, fingers crossed.

northender Mon 27-May-13 22:50:55

My work feels like that too at the moment takeaway sad . I go on a weeks annual leave on Friday and have no idea yet how I'm going to get to Friday.
very impressed with all your NSDs, well done. This week shouldn't be too bad spend wise, fingers crossed.

takeaway2 Mon 27-May-13 20:35:21

NSD no 7! Impressive given that it's a bank holiday. We went to a birthday party in the morning and then to a park in the afternoon with some friends. Friends got the kids ice cream so it's an NSD for me. grin

Tomorrow should be NSD too as will bring lunch to work. I might just make it to double digit NSDs...! Happy rest of the week. It's so much nicer when you know it's a 4 day week. Even though with my schedule at the moment I probably need 5 days this week just to complete deadlines. hmm

MamaTo2FabBoys Mon 27-May-13 18:50:49

Just back from my mums caravan. Had a cheap and cheerful time but only managed 2 nsds so on 11/16. This means I cant make my target but will just keep plodding on.

CremeEggThief Mon 27-May-13 17:03:49

I think this is only my 3rd of the month, fluffy smile .

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 27-May-13 16:57:39

I cant remember the last time I had one in a row.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now