Miserly May come help me please!

(358 Posts)
MrsDeVere Tue 30-Apr-13 17:20:35

Heeeeelp meeeeee!

CremeEggThief Wed 29-May-13 20:29:47

£1.50 on bus fares (and £59.45 on online Sainsburys shop, which won't come out until next week).

takeaway2 Thu 30-May-13 13:51:28

I think it's a NSD today - smile and some good news. I received one of the two credit card bills, and today's one was under £200!! this is from a usual of £800 a few months back, and then down to £400 and now sub 200. I'm really happy. This was through shopping at aldi (therefore not on cc but still looking at shopping bills of up to £50 as opposed to the weekly £80-100 at sainsbos/waitrose). My other credit card bill will come in about 10 days and I'm looking forward to that too because I think other than some spending for work (which has been or will be claimed back) it should be quite small too.

plus, I've sold a car seat on gumtree and the guy is coming tonight. yay!

CremeEggThief Thu 30-May-13 16:48:34

Great stuff, takeaway.

£8.88, on wine, milk, chocolate and a tv magazine at the Co-op.

takeaway2 Thu 30-May-13 16:55:40

oh and there's a £5 voucher off for a £30 shop at Lidl on the Lidl fb page!! I've just printed it off. They timed it really well since most people (like me!) get paid end of month. It's valid till 2nd June.

MamaTo2FabBoys Thu 30-May-13 17:21:07

13/16 nsds so not to bad.

Well done Takeaway. Its amazing what we can do when we put our mind to it.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 30-May-13 17:27:46

It's a brilliant feeling when debts reduce, it's such a weight off your mind too.

Got to parcel up my eBay stuff later, heading off to Poundworld (Harrods of the £ shops according to them) for packaging.

MamaTo2FabBoys Fri 31-May-13 17:48:45

Well I managed a nsd for the last day of the month so 14/16, which is not to bad as we had half term aswell. ill see everyone over in the june thread now.

takeaway2 Fri 31-May-13 21:28:24

No NSD today. Took day off as its the last day of half term. Kids have been in nursery and holiday club the whole week. Managed to get my work all done by Thursday evening which was great. smile

Spent £5 at cafe (had 10% discount for being resident of city), £15 for lunch (had free starter! And DS v happily asked for tap water which was great as it saved me £5 for juice! And then an impromptu BBQ with friends and so paid £9 at m&s (as was the nearest store around) for coleslaw, bags of salad, bread buns and profiteroles... £29 in total which is fine seeing that I've apparently shaved off £600 my credit card bill!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now