Whose up for using up everything in the freezer/cupboards over the Easter break?

(6 Posts)
LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Mon 01-Apr-13 19:05:49

Have found out I have 8 runs of tube wtf do I have 8 tins for? I'm so bad at this, I found a bag of couscous a d wanted to go out and but mince to make my fab meatballs grin

Dh is back at work tomorrow so freezer surprise for tea.

Ps anyone got some Tuna recipes?

Toasttoppers Fri 29-Mar-13 17:40:03

Fake falafels were quite nice, I made some honey flapjacks as well as found a jar of honey.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 29-Mar-13 17:33:16

Been doing this as part of Miserly March. Had to list a few thinks as "freezer surprise" on my stock take. one turned out to be turkey stew (christmas 2012 or 11?!?), one - tonight's actually - is Hungarian Goulash Soup and sadly the other turned out to be stock which I couldnt turn in to a meal as dh has decided he has gone off risotto & he had had soup the day or two prior. I have two left which i will use in a week or two. I also used a jar of articiloke hearts in some pasta. I still have a tib of fruit cocktail dh once dared to bring home from sainsbos. WHO eats that? yuk.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Fri 29-Mar-13 14:10:02

I'm fully prepared for that grin

Toasttoppers Fri 29-Mar-13 09:59:27

Well I have just done a shop but have been sorting out my cupboards and found three tins of chick peas and other non standard use all the time stuff so will be having a go at a savoury bites recipe I found. They look a bit like fake falafels.

The last time I did a clear out we ended up with some rather peculiar dinners.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Fri 29-Mar-13 06:10:36

So I'm now off work till 8th April so thought now would be a good time to use up what we have. Will save some money, have some interesting combinations no fought and hopefully have fun trying so new ways of doing things. Anyone want to join in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now