Excel workbook / budgeting app?

(9 Posts)
ComradeJing Thu 24-Jan-13 06:59:37

I'm sold on YNAB - You Need A Budget

It was suggested to me by another MNer and it is the ONLY budgeting software that I have stuck with and actually have money at the end of each month with.

It isn't free after the 30 day trial but it is brilliant.

Mum2Fergus Sun 20-Jan-13 22:25:08

I use iReconcile app to keep track of daily stuff and savings...all the house/car/joint stuff I keep on a spreadsheet that Ive developed for what I need from it over time...

muchostinky Sun 20-Jan-13 13:52:23

Yeah persued that's what I want.

PersuedByPenguins Sun 20-Jan-13 11:07:33

That spreadsheet is good for the initial working out of the budget but I like a running total 'balance' sheet showing the balance in my account at any one time and upcoming debits... I had one I used all the time but would love a 'professional one' does anyone know where I could get one?

PixieHot Sun 20-Jan-13 09:37:50

Thanks chica, I'll have a look at that later today. It sounds great though.

mucho, I quite fancy making one myself too, but if Martin Lewis has already done the hard work grin...

chicaguapa Sat 19-Jan-13 22:51:48

here It's about halfway down the page and is the spreadsheet version.

chicaguapa Sat 19-Jan-13 22:47:50

There's a good one at MoneySavingExpert. What I like is that it includes everything, stuff you wouldn't think to put on it and if it's a weekly cost, it accurately calculates the monthly cost rather than just multiplying it by 4. I'll find a link.

muchostinky Sat 19-Jan-13 22:43:12

Oooh, I want a good one too. I do have an excel one that I did myself, but it's a bit rubbish and I want one that looks good!

PixieHot Sat 19-Jan-13 21:26:18

Does anyone have any tips about setting up an Excel budgeting workbook? Or a recommendation for a budgeting app?

I think it would be really useful to have something that takes into account yearly / monthly costs etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now