How many of you have ran out of money and are living off your overdraft till payday?

(35 Posts)
BlackCatinChaos Tue 08-Jan-13 15:50:38

Just wonder how many others are in the same boat and looking for ideas of what
food you/we could eat.

Sorry if that doesn't quite make sense! grin

FoofFighter Fri 11-Jan-13 22:50:12

No overdraft here to fall back on, things are like this for us probably 9/12 months of the year so it's normal for us.

Mum2Fergus Fri 11-Jan-13 22:52:53

Frazzled, google The Trussell Trust (think thats how you spell it).

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Fri 11-Jan-13 22:59:07

Joint account will be at the OD limit any second now and I am about to enter OD on my personal current account too. Payday is the 24th.
Odds and ends in the freezer and cupboards so some shopping will be required. sad

BlackCatinChaos Fri 11-Jan-13 23:11:43

Hi frazzled Our health visitor told us where ours was and gave us a voucher so we could go there and be given food. We hadn't completely ran out of food but I think if you have young children they would rather they don't go without. She said a lot of people are using them lately as times are so hard.

I will have a look on the internet, see if I can find anything about them.
Might be called " The trussell trust" if I remember rightly.

BlackCatinChaos Fri 11-Jan-13 23:22:23

www.trusselltrust.org/foodbank-projects**

Here you are Frazzled or anyone else who might want to know.

If you need to use them to get food you have to get a voucher.

hopealways Sun 10-Feb-13 19:21:12

Hello please do try and have the courage to use the tussle food bank you are not judged in any way, ordinary people are struggling to cope with increasing costs. They will also empower you to find ways to cope in your crisis.

Its amazing how long you CAN last on food cupboard staples & freezer scrag ends though.

Then when you DO shop only buy the essentials plus a restock of the basics in the store cupboard.

I can last an extra week before doing the family shop that way (although we're all getting sick of pasta!!)

I would rather cut back on food than be cold- its miserable enough.

Good luck Frazzled.

juicychops Sun 10-Feb-13 19:30:44

im almost up to my £1500 overdraft limit. i only get paid £600 per month then my tax credits too. i get some tax credits tomorrow but have bills coming out this week and dont get paid for another 2 weeks. i hate being in my overdraft. im unable to earn more as my housing benefit would then go down so would be barely any better off.

i hate being poor

DreamingOfTheMaldives Mon 11-Feb-13 16:04:53

Frazzled - Foodbank

DreamingOfTheMaldives Mon 11-Feb-13 16:05:19

X-post BlackCat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now