Want Xmas 2013 to run smooth

(27 Posts)
daisydee43 Mon 31-Dec-12 15:36:45

I know it's way off but I felt so unorganised this year. Basically waited until dec mortgage came out and spent what I had left but had to get 2 overdrafts and still only got small gifts.
I can't store presents as in a flat but I know next year will be big deal for dd so want to make it good,

What's your best money saving Xmas tips?

AmandaGetPaidToDotCom Wed 06-Feb-13 13:01:50

Yep doing surveys and other online tasks are definitely a great way of earning some extar cash and then if you want to avoid spending it, leave it on the site until you need/want it - i.e. Christmas. Some sites like GetPaidTo.com will also offer ways to save money in the next few months smile

specialsubject Thu 07-Feb-13 10:01:43

er...No. Rule no 1 is DON'T leave money building up on survey sites, cash it out as soon as you can. If they go bust or disappear you will lose it all.

although interest rates are terrible at the moment, make sure YOU get whatever there is. If you use savings clubs or savings stamps, THEY get it and it is not protected if they disappear.

if you really can't control your spending (and that is a big issue which means you probably should not be going mad at Christmas) then set up a separate savings account in YOUR name for your Christmas fund. Make sure it doesn't have a cash card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now