Online Short Story Critique Groups?

(3 Posts)
BooksBooksEverywhere Sat 03-Aug-13 22:15:36

Hi,
I am a long time lurker on the creative writing boards. I write short stories and I'm looking for somewhere to get good, honest feedback. I've done a couple of creative writing courses but I've never really found the feedback very useful as people are often too afraid of hurting feelings to say what they really think! I'm looking for an online group for sharing work, preferably one that is closed/private so I can post work without it being deemed 'published.' Does anyone know of anywhere? I figure there must be some like minded people somewhere! Thanks in advance smile

TunipTheVegedude Sun 04-Aug-13 10:41:12

Absolutewrite.com

It's a massive writing forum with a password-protected 'share your work' section. There are some very good writers on there and some very sharp critiquers and there is no shortage of bluntness, because the general atmosphere on the site is a commitment to improving.

There is a rule that you can't post anything of yours for critiquing until you've made 50 posts, and a dim view is taken of people who post one-line responses all over the place to rush to fifty, so the best thing to do is to jump straight in and critique other people's work, even if you don't feel qualified to do so. That way, the people who you have critted will return the favour for you and you'll have a likelihood of a good response to yours.

Good luck!

BooksBooksEverywhere Sun 04-Aug-13 22:06:33

Thanks Tunip, I will check that one out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now