Anyone here got pregnant whilst on Implanon?

(275 Posts)
Haribosmum Wed 08-Aug-07 08:24:03

Just asking because I've been on it for 6 months and bled every month...except this month. I am sure I'm just having a month 'off' due to the Implanon but I have been feeling sick,headachy etc. Probabaly or pyschological or a bug but I was just wondering......

Cgfb22 Thu 17-Jul-14 04:58:42

This happened to my friend so everyone take note! She was only 17, loved life partying with friends ect. Last person i expected to call me and tell me she's pregnant. She had the implant for almost 4-8 months, she thought she was just putting on weight. So she took various pregnancy tests, home ones and professional ones, all came out negative! Next thing she is in doctors getting blood test for something totally different and the doctor tells her she is 5 month pregnant and has no choice but to keep the baby! She was devistated, unprepared and totally in shock. But now 2 years later she has a beautiful baby girl.

Cgfb22 Thu 17-Jul-14 04:55:19

Hello, I have had the implant for about 1 and a half years now. It is my second time having it in, I am convinced mine isn't working either. As I write this now, my back is killing, my boobs are feelin so heavy and itchy, I have a terrible headache, this heartburn keeps me awake all night even though I feel absolutely exausted, I actually vomited about 15 minutes ago. Having the implant literally drives me crazy, I'm always thinking I'm pregnant, taking a test and it comes out negative. So tomorrow I'm going to the doctors and getting it removed, it totally plays with my brain!

jgonzalez Thu 10-Jul-14 20:06:41

Hi,
I have also been on implanon for 2 years in February. All was absolutely perfect until 2 months ago. I have been having crazy pregnancy symptoms and my lower stomach is now hard. I have had a nurse tell me the test doesn't lie and im not pregnant and a b*tch dr saying to me did you think you were pregnant because youre not. yet all either place have done is a urine pregnancy test. I have read a ton on reviews that this would happen and they were still pregnant. at this point I feel like im losing my mind because no one will tell me what else it could be if not pregnancy or implanon (again, no one is really looking into it either). I want to know if this has happened to anyone else. ive heard of implanon causing every symptom as pregnancy but can it make your stomach hard like that? confused

heartbreaker Thu 10-Jul-14 05:45:12

I'm confused on what to do. I've had my implant for almost 2 yes normal periods and everything until last month I didn't get my period. And I have all the symptoms of being pregnant but the test came back negative could I be pregnant

Deborahgreen Fri 04-Jul-14 22:42:05

WOW!! Thats all i can really say! Mama Alisha Lura cast a fertility spell for me a few months back and i ask her to recast it a couple of months ago, well today i found out that i am pregnant i am so sucked, could be happier, Mama Lura could you please cast the protection spell for my little blessing now so that he/she is protected 100% to anyone who is reading this, Mama Alisha Lura, she is so very supportive and has helped not only me but so many others, i cannot express how wonderful a person she is and i believed without her fertility spell i would have never gotten pregnant, her positivity and her serenity make the ttc journey a lot less harder when you know that someone like Mama Alisha Lura is helping. Again i am so very grateful to you, Mama Alisha Alura, this baby is truly a blessing. i will be waiting in anticipation for the protraction spell to be cast so that i know my baby will be protracted and healthy while he?she is growing inside me as well as when he/she is born. Thank you again Mama Alisha Lura you are truly the best. You can contact her to for help on getyourexbacksolutionspell@gmail.com or visit her website on weeblyalishaluraspell.weebly.com/available-spells.html

latreviana2015 Thu 19-Jun-14 19:21:09

Hi I'm 15 years Old Um I Went to plan Parent Hood but the test came back negative but only because I went in the next day My boyfriend ejaculated in me but also I'm on implanon implant but it's been 3 weeks sense he ejaculated in me and My Brest are very sore could I be pregnant?? Please help

sykadelic Tue 06-May-14 18:30:29

Implanon mimicks pregnancy. I gain a LOT of weight on it. I often felt bloated. The cramping isn't unusual either. It's highly unlikely you'll get pregnant on implanon, easy to get concerned though!

If in doubt though, see a doctor. Give it a couple another week or so in case you just have a virus.

Ally4371 Tue 06-May-14 16:08:55

Hello I am just posting hoping someone will get back to me as I am extremely worried!
I am currently on the implanon bar and have been for about 6m-1y now however I am having a few odd symptoms.
I have been bloated for the last few days, feeling nauseated on and off through the day and for the last 3 nights in a row now been having medium cramping in my lower abdomen on and off.
I took a HPT and it came back negative but am wondering if I could still possibly be pregnant!? Please can someone reply maybe that had a similar situation or has Or is pregnant on the implanon?
Thanks you!

SophieBoyd95 Sun 04-May-14 14:15:34

Hi I just wanted some advice, I have had the implant in over a year now, bled for a few months and had periods now and again and recently I have been feeling sick, not really eating as normal and I feel like my stomach has become slightly bigger and also had a little pain as well as a few cramps, I was just curious if it was actually possible to get pregnant on the implant or if it is just in my head

lsjs87 Fri 18-Apr-14 08:28:06

It is normal for things to settle amd chamge at around the 6 month mark.

lsjs87 Fri 18-Apr-14 08:20:26

Hi. I know this is an old post but I could do with some reassurance. I have been on the implant for 2 and half years. It is due out sep. I have put on 4 stone since being on the implant and have recently got a new partner. I'm concerned I may be pregnant and will be doing a test asap. In the mean time I'm wondered if I actually could just be imagining the symptoms. I have had irregular periods since I began. I started with constant bleeding. Now I ho 2 or 3 months with nothing and then bleed for 28 days at a time. I'm booked in to have it out june as I can't stand it anymore. Any advice? Thanks x

loveitt15 Wed 16-Apr-14 07:31:51

So you did turn out pregnant? I

MilaInLove Tue 01-Apr-14 02:16:29

Hi everyone I have been on my implant for almost 2years now and I thought am pregnant at least 4 times lools had all the symptoms possible for first signs of early pregnancy done tests every time came back negative... Now whenever I feel like am pregnant I just ignore it course I know that its just the implant that messing with my head..... Is really hard tho cause I really want a baby but I got my final year at uni left and my boyfriend wants me to finish first so that I won't have to stress about my exams whilst pregnant..... Any of u with the same problem? If yes how r u coping?? confused

MilaInLove Tue 01-Apr-14 02:06:07

Hi everyone I have been on my implant for almost 2years now and I thought am pregnant at least 4 times lools had all the symptoms possible for first signs of early pregnancy done tests every time came back negative... Now whenever I feel like am pregnant I just ignore it course I know that its just the implant that messing with my head..... Is really hard tho cause I really want a baby but I got my final year at uni left and my boyfriend wants me to finish first so that I won't have to stress about my exams whilst pregnant..... Any of u with the same problem? If yes how r u coping??? :\

elinoredenee96 Wed 26-Mar-14 21:11:05

Hey could I join your thread...I have had the i'm plan on for about 2 years and haven't had a period in 3 years (that I can remember) recently been feeling tired, getting cramps, back ache and bad headaches all signs of early pregnancy can anyone give me some advice sad?

celesteLove Tue 18-Mar-14 19:20:15

Hello implanon users
I'm a mother of one and I'm 22yrs old. I have been on implanon for 9months now and been on my period ever since, my appetite has grown in the last month Nd my belly is gowing as well.. in the past I have had 2miscarrages, and wondering if I'm pregnant again while being on implanon and if it effects the baby if I am?

Yeni0314 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:57:36

Hi I have use since I had my son 6 years ago, and I always have problems with my period every month.... The last month that I have my regular period was December 2013..... Since there I just kinda of have it but ones in a while and not exactly like regular blood. And lately I had gain a lot of weight and is crazy bcs I had eat start eating more healthy that usal since last month.... And sometimes I feel like if something is moving on my stomach..... And I'm scared that I will be pregnant....
I did a pregnancy test on January and it said no.
What do u gils think ?
I will really appreciate y'all help ��

krystinegalindo Thu 20-Feb-14 04:01:27

Hi everyone! I have read almost all of these messages on here, and boy let me tell you I am scared! My breasts are enlarged swollen and painful my aerolas are bigger my lower abdomen is poochen out food doesn't taste good I have intense cravings for juice I am nauseated moody and very emotional and I have been getting in the mood to engage in intercourse a lot more than ever and this is all very unusual and ive also had lower abdominal pain ion the left side. for some odd reason I feel like I know I am pregnant although the store bought tests say negative, I have rread online that implanon gives false negatives and false positives, I have been on implanon two years and had not have had any bleeding at all for the past two years my periods immediately stopped when I got it inserted. I have frequent urination, fatigue, and im losing my train of thought. should I go have a blood test or ultra sound done? am I just crazy? and my face has been puffy lately

hottie10147 Wed 19-Feb-14 00:11:37

How did u guys know cuz im on the implanon and I think I might be pregnant again

laneyboggs23 Wed 12-Feb-14 05:40:47

I think I may be too. May I ask what your symptoms are/were? I don't want to seem like I'm trying entrapment on my fiance. And I just thought I'd ask someone with experience of this sort of thing first

sarahquilt Sat 25-Jan-14 20:57:12

I was on implanon for 2 years. I didn't have periods in that time. After about a year I started getting pregnancy type symptoms. This is caused by the drug: things like sickness and weight gain. It's extremely rare to get pregnant on implanon - highly unlikely.

Aloneandafraid Fri 24-Jan-14 23:27:23

I'm 32 I have 2 children and have been on implanting for years I have at times had symptoms but still only have 2 children however my partner visited over Xmas it's been only a month I have one enlarged boob I'm tired I'm grumpy I'm eating foods I normally wouldn't I went for a ultrasound yesterday on my breast because it was so large and I felt lumps they found nothing but fluid cysts and the lady told me it looks like a hormonal thing. I'm too scared to do a test

hagridd95 Sun 19-Jan-14 02:56:00

saw this and just wanted to say thankyou as you all helped me
im 18 and had the implant put in as my boyfriend can't wear condoms as i get a rash when in contact with latex... so the doctor said its better then the pill and now i was sexually active should have it put in as it was going to be a miracle if i got pregnant...
he also told me i was fine to have sex straight away however since having sex in the first week it was inserted i haven't had a period...
i assumed it was normal as they say it can happen but then my boobs started hurting i ignored it and put it off as them growing due to being so young....
however lately im ill at the thought or taste of chicken... and i cant stop eating jam on toast... yet again i put it down to refreshers flu...
but now im wondering as im not ill and i had a routine check up at the doctors due to my asthma worsening lately and he said i was just tired and to rest but ive been sleeping 14 hours a night every night and then i wake up being sick :/
ive also gained like 6 pound in a few days but i dont eat hardly... also my bladder is out of control :/

if anyone can help me please do my last period was at the end of september and the implant was put in on october 29th 2013

thanks smile

Karesr2014 Thu 09-Jan-14 06:50:22

Oh forgot to add that I've been pregnant 2 times and had miscarriages both times(not on the implanon)

Karesr2014 Thu 09-Jan-14 06:49:16

Hi everyone. Kinda new to this. I am currently on the implanon and have been since 2011. I get it removed march 2014 and Ive had an okay time with it. I stopped my period but in May of 2013 I randomly got a heavy bleeding then it just got worse from there. One in May 2 in August 3 in September and then it went crazy and I had 4 periods in October. It randomly quit and I haven't had a period since the very end of November. Is this normal or should I be worried that I could be pregnant?
Really don't know how to feel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now