Missed pill, no periods anyway, when to test?

(23 Posts)
MadameLeBean Fri 21-Mar-14 00:12:33

It has been 2 weeks today (thurs) since I missed a pill and had a shag fest weekend

On cerazette I don't get periods so want to rule out pregnancy ASAP as apparently need to stop taking pill ASAP if actually preggers (does anyone know if it's harmful?)

Is two weeks after the missed pill enough to wait?

MadameLeBean Fri 21-Mar-14 06:16:09

Bump?

fraggle84 Fri 21-Mar-14 06:32:17

id wait another week to be absolutely certain

MadameLeBean Fri 21-Mar-14 08:33:14

DP says if I'm pg I'm not allowed kittens.. Which is fair enough I guess .... They were to come in a month or so (my cat just died so I wanted some little companions)

I've been banned from kittens whilst TTC also. Men are such mean bastards.

MadameLeBean Fri 21-Mar-14 09:43:48

Am going to test next thurs.. 3wks after missed pill. Just before I go on holiday so will not have to be at work in shock if there is a surprise positive!

blamber Fri 21-Mar-14 11:20:31

When did you miss a pill? During some weeks you can miss one and still be protected.

They do recommend stopping the pill if pregnant, but if you have taken it the baby will most likely be fine.

MadameLeBean Fri 21-Mar-14 11:49:51

Well I have no idea when in cycle the pill was missed because I'm on cerazette I theoretically don't ovulate

Have missed the odd one before with no consequences but have a strange feeling about this time. Am also bloated. But could just be all the wine and cake recently !

naty1 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:47:04

Bit confused as to why you didnt use condoms if you knew you alreafy missed it and werent sure it would be working thurs and then the weekend?

MadameLeBean Sat 22-Mar-14 00:22:10

Cos we are planning to ttc in next 18m anyway.. He knew I'd missed one.

MadameLeBean Mon 24-Mar-14 21:43:01

I've ordered pg test strips from amazon . Will test on thurs

JokersGiggle Mon 24-Mar-14 22:15:15

Let me know how you get on.....I missed a pill last week........

MadameLeBean Tue 25-Mar-14 06:00:18

Highly doubt it after 1 missed pill, the levels of hormone would have to drop enough for me to ovulate. However being mini pill perhaps lower dose.
Part of me hopes for a + even though it's not in the plan for another 18months and I have a professional exam this December which could make things interesting!

JokersGiggle Tue 25-Mar-14 08:04:35

honestly I would like a positive..... Dh doesn't want it on the cards for another few years but a while ago we spoke and decided that if by accident it happened before then we would be ok with that. I'm just so broody. I don't want to wait, its dh who wants to wait (he wants us to move into a bigger house and for him to have got a promotion,)
Bit annoyed that there was no compromise or meeting in the.middle grrrrr. We own a 2 bed house in a nice place with lovely garden. He earns a lot as it is and i'm a nursery nurse working as a nanny!
Excuse my rant lol thanks

JokersGiggle Tue 25-Mar-14 08:06:09

I missed my pill in the first week but didn't realise until it was over a week later. So leaflet says i'm at risk....

MadameLeBean Wed 26-Mar-14 18:54:12

Ah, negative. 3 weeks since missed pill.

Slightly disappointed but it's probably a good thing as the timing would have been quite inconvenient !

Cheers wine

MadameLeBean Wed 26-Mar-14 18:54:44

Now I can go get my kittens smile

MadameLeBean Wed 26-Mar-14 18:56:42

Also I just bought bright pink jeans in a size 6 so smile

JokersGiggle Wed 26-Mar-14 21:16:53

Negative for me too....I want kittens now! X

MadameLeBean Thu 03-Apr-14 17:04:17

On hols at mo. But hugely bloated. Boobs also. Will test again when get home. Honestly if I am just fat I need to sort it out!

JokersGiggle Thu 03-Apr-14 20:05:41

Haha. how's your guy dealing with the suspense? Mine was awful lol.

MadameLeBean Thu 03-Apr-14 22:31:50

He is mostly doing nervous laughing

JokersGiggle Fri 04-Apr-14 02:09:57

Haha bless him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now