Canestan while TTC

(8 Posts)
FizzyFeet Tue 24-Sep-13 19:13:32

There are two types of internal Canesten: pessaries and an internal cream. The cream is just the same as the external one but comes with an applicator to apply it. Both are fine to use while ttc from what I've been told. Hope it clears up soon! Thrush can be a bitch. I found that treating my DH and cutting right back on sugar helped.

BlackberrySeason Mon 23-Sep-13 21:55:09

Stupid question, but by internal cream do you mean pessaries?

joycep Mon 23-Sep-13 19:36:18

I concur with Fizzy, this was exactly what I was told. The internal cream seems to work wonders.

Try raw apple cider vinegar if you fancy taking the 'natural' route. Just add a cap full to a shallow like warm bath and sit in it for 20 mins or so. Make sure the vinegar has something called 'the mother' in it - def not sarsons!!

Fairypants Mon 23-Sep-13 18:28:11

I've been told by both dr and mw at various points that the cream and pessary are fine during pg (so therefore while ttc) but not the tablet.

FizzyFeet Mon 23-Sep-13 18:10:28

Hi - the advice I got from my GP and fertility consultant is that the cream is fine, but don't take the oral capsule. Hope that helps!

FizzyFeet Mon 23-Sep-13 18:10:08

Hi - the advice I got from my GP and fertility consultant is that the cream is fine, but don't take the oral capsule. Hope that helps!

BlackberrySeason Mon 23-Sep-13 16:33:54

Is it ok to use canestan on my AF and then stillTTC this cycle? Just got prescribed it at GP but forgot to ask!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now