If TTC # 2 has turned you into a nut job this thread is for you! (Part 3)

(1000 Posts)
fedupofrainydays Tue 20-Aug-13 06:57:43

Still here, still ttc, still POAS, still symptom spotting, still counting days, still temping, still shagging and still absolutely nutty!!!

MrsLadyL Wed 25-Sep-13 11:57:17

I am booked in nov with midwife. I'm terrified this time round to be honest. My daughter was born at 29weeks. Hoping and praying I go full term this time. That's why we have waited 5 years for #2 both a little scared it will happen again. Iv hear they can monitor you more or even stitch you're cervix? Anyone got any experience of this or know anything?

PunkyBubba Wed 25-Sep-13 12:01:28

Hi geta, I tested again later on Monday with a cheapie Asda, and then a Digital yesterday morning.. Both BFP. Digital gave conception as 2-3 weeks ago, which if Ovulation was 3 days after positive OPK (which I have read is possible?) then that would more or less be right.. I am still very nervous about the whole thing as with having a full normal type period (TMI alert - clots and all), what I would count as my normal pre-ov signs, and supposed conception a bit later than I think it should have been, I am not sure if this will be a sticky bean.. but keeping my fingers crossed.

Oddsocks - I got cheapie OPK strips from amazon, and an iPhone app to chart my cycles.. I hadn't got to thermometer, though think that would have been my next step. Also sorry, rereading my original post I think I probably went overboard on acronyms:

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
BD - Baby Dancing (same thing as DTD - Doing the Deed!)
SMEP - Sperm meets Egg Plan (google it - some find it hard work, and hard to convince DH/DP to sign up to, but a lot of people swear by it, and like I said, worked for us)
PIAJ - Pee in a Jar
POAS - Pee on a Stick
AF - Aunty Flo (slang for Period)
BFN - negative pregnancy test
BFP - Positive pregnancy test

Hope that helps.xxx

Nocturne123 Thu 26-Sep-13 01:47:21

Hi everyone ! I am also ttc no 2 smile my dd is 4.5 months .

I promised myself I wouldn't symptom spot this time ... But it's too hard ! I have psoriatic arthritis which completely cleared up during my first pregnancy then subsequently flared straight after . It got pretty bad recently but the past 2 days or so the swelling has gone down remarkably and I'm in a lot less pain ! Could just be a coincidence but I can't help thinking its cause I'm pregnant ! Few days to go before I can test though .

Good luck to everyone ttc!

getagoldtoof Thu 26-Sep-13 09:13:31

That's fantastic punky. Congrats. I did a hpt and opk at the same time once (had just had ds, was bf no af and felt weird). Got a bfp but was because the two tests had touched! Hope you have a lovely pregnancy.

sebsmummy1 Thu 26-Sep-13 13:49:52

Hey grin

I also don't think it's my month lol but I'm still symptom spotting doh

I am 4 dpo (I think) and felt a sharp jab in the left side of my groin today as I got up to get out the bath. The last time I had this I was pregnant, but a few months along, I know it is probably nothing bit I can't help wonder hope if it could be an implantation pain. I am also getting mild cramps from that side too.

I know only time will tell and 4 dpo is vey early for implantation but I can't help get my hopes up anyway blush

Otherwise I have no CM and nothing else going on at all.

2beornot Fri 27-Sep-13 18:49:44

Hi ladies.

Back from a fab and tiring holiday!!!!

Congrats Mrs. L.

Fedup you are allowed to feel disappointed that you don't have your BFP yet. In fact your allowed to feel angry, jealous, upset and stamp your feet and shout "its not fair" toddler style. We all think it, we're just not brave enough to write it. And it doesn't make our congratulations any less genuine x

Plan to POAS in the morning. Fingers crossed!

MrsLadyL Sat 28-Sep-13 07:59:08

Thank you very much. Yes you are rite I stamped my feet enough and cried as evermore around me got BFP my two best friends one of which is expecting twins!! I was so jealous.

2beornot Sat 28-Sep-13 09:00:04

BFN here. sad

Liquidambar Sat 28-Sep-13 09:12:16

oh 2be so sorry. how many dpo are you? can you test again in 2 day or so? hugs and flowers

I'm on the phone so can't check names but welcome to the new ladies.

2beornot Sat 28-Sep-13 09:43:28

AF due Mon so I'm 12 dpo. I would've thought there would be a hint of a line by now, so I think I'm out. Not gonna test again til Mon or Tues. I think I've peed on too many sticks - it's not fun anymore!

misshoohaa Sat 28-Sep-13 13:32:53

Sorry 2be, but its not over till AF arrives.
We're in DTD phase, going to try and do an early morning shag as I've heard that's a good time to do it!

How are you Fedup? Hope your feeling OK, maybe now the due date has passed you are feeling OK. Your time will come! X

fedupofrainydays Sat 28-Sep-13 14:26:09

Hi there ladies. So sorry about the bfn 2be

I've been hiding away to be honest. as af right after due date knocked me a bit and I've been struggling with real feelings of jealously with all the bfps and it was making me more miserable and cross with life as all feels just so unfair. Toddler tantrum basically wink. Not just on MN though but in real life too. So it's been a tough few weeks for me. I sound like a whingy brat don't I? But I am a bit!!

Now in the hideous 2 ww. And trying not to obsess but am already crampjng and have increase cm at only 2 dpo. And got my colposcopy coming up which am nervous about too.

Apart from all this I'm ok! Cut down to just one coffee, taking fish oil and cut down on alcohol to just a few at the weekends. Having a dinner party tonight (just one preggers person coming) so hopefully that will distract me!

Hope everyone is well.

2beornot Sun 29-Sep-13 08:38:59

I've had to block an old school friend on Facebook this weekend. She's been posting her 20wk scan pictures and statuses like "finally I've got my baby girl", "can't wait for <name> to join the family" and "finally will get a mother daughter relationship, not had that with my boys". She's got three boys and the youngest is only 1. I just feel sorry for her boys (especially the third) and think its not fair when I would love any child so much.

I know I am being unreasonable (and I'm sure she loves her boys really) but its just come at the wrong time!

sebsmummy1 Sun 29-Sep-13 11:04:18

Oh 2beornot I can totally understand what you are saying. To be honest I rarely go on Facebook or make any effort to be active on there, collect friends etc as it always seems that everyone is out going fab things - normally when I'm doing housework, spending lots of money - yep, I'm skint, etc etc. It's built to make others feel inadequate.

I'm absolutely sure your friend is in such a baby bubble she hasn't given a moments consideration that her updates could be making someone else feel sad.

I am 7dpo, no symptoms whatsoever, expecting my period in 4 days time so I am most likely out sad

fedupofrainydays Sun 29-Sep-13 12:16:57

Oh 2be you aren't being unreasonable. She sounds like a plonker to be honest. Facebook is hard with scan pics and growing bumps and new born pics.

I just bumped into my NCT friend and her new born. Poor thing looked shattered. I suprised myself by feeling ok about it (we both found out each other were preggers at the same time, except hers worked out, mine didnt) and her baby is super cute. Going round properly on Friday once her husband is back at work.

I'm 3 dpo and feel nothing. Yesterday was crampy, tired and feeling a bit sick but today I'm just a bit hungover and tired, but from staying up til 1.30, too much red wine and getting up at 6 with ds!

fedupofrainydays Sun 29-Sep-13 12:49:55

Oh 2be you aren't being unreasonable. She sounds like a plonker to be honest. Facebook is hard with scan pics and growing bumps and new born pics.

I just bumped into my NCT friend and her new born. Poor thing looked shattered. I suprised myself by feeling ok about it (we both found out each other were preggers at the same time, except hers worked out, mine didnt) and her baby is super cute. Going round properly on Friday once her husband is back at work.

I'm 3 dpo and feel nothing. Yesterday was crampy, tired and feeling a bit sick but today I'm just a bit hungover and tired, but from staying up til 1.30, too much red wine and getting up at 6 with ds!

2beornot Mon 30-Sep-13 07:03:05

AF due today but no sign. Another bfn this morning. I've got a feeling it's going to be a frustrating month of knicker watching!

Liquidambar Mon 30-Sep-13 08:19:07

that is so frustrating 2be I'm sorry. I hope you are okay.

MrsLadyL Mon 30-Sep-13 08:23:38

2B you're still not out yet!! Sending you lots of baby dust smile

sebsmummy1 Mon 30-Sep-13 11:55:29

I'm still in, getting lots of mild tummy cramps so it could go either way.

2beornot Tue 01-Oct-13 15:03:47

Still no sign. Think I might test on thurs if AF not here by then. I am sure I ov on the Monday though so can't understand why AF not here yet!!

sebsmummy1 Tue 01-Oct-13 16:53:26

Ooh 2beornot - everything crossed for you, sounds hopeful
Xxxx

Liquidambar Tue 01-Oct-13 17:37:32

2be fingers crossed!!! it might mean you perhaps tested too early. Keep us posted.

seb how are you doing?

sebsmummy1 Wed 02-Oct-13 11:48:55

Well I did a 10miu/ml preg test today , stupidly NOT in FMU, kicking myself about that and I thought I may have seen a squinter or else it's an evap line. I've ordered some more cheapies online but right now, as silly as it is, I'm quite enjoying the bubble of 'maybe' and don't really want to rush out and get a first response.

I am due on either today or tomorrow so I'm going to sit tight and then test again once my new tests arrive (assuming AF hasn't appeared by then).

Liquidambar Wed 02-Oct-13 16:15:39

how exciting sebs !! hope you'll have a stronger line tomorrow.

2be any news? how are you doing.

This thread is not accepting new messages.