Newbies and experts

(957 Posts)
justb01 Wed 14-Aug-13 09:19:17

Hi, I'm a newbie here and ttc newbie as well! I'm looking for buddies to share experience. Who's with me?Experts tips always welcome
We've been ttc for fe months, before NTNP. However now I'm starting to feel the pressure for BFP.

broodysnoopstie Sun 01-Dec-13 14:59:41

haha noooo you are going to use it this month grin

woodwaj Sun 01-Dec-13 15:13:55

Yeah I'll maybe give it a go. Still don't feel like I have a reason to test though. What cycle are you on now?

broodysnoopstie Sun 01-Dec-13 17:37:19

came off pill in July.. so ttc since Aug. . and AF just arrived so onto Dec and cycle 5 x sad sad sad

woodwaj Sun 01-Dec-13 19:22:02

Oh no! that was a stupidly long cycle!! I expect I will be joining you by the end of next week but I have no clomid left so I might not even ovulate!

Have a wine and think of all the xmas boozing you can do, chin up for new years!!

Vickyvix Sun 01-Dec-13 23:26:14

Ah broody sorry AF got you, that was a long cycle. Have a glass of wine and get involved in lots of Christmas excitement and it'll soon be back to ov time and 2ww etc. Sending virtual hug to you.

I had silly long cycles after stopping the pill, between 36 and 39 days.

broodysnoopstie Mon 02-Dec-13 09:01:32

Never mind DP came home yesterday eve so at least he was there to cheer me up it was a very long cycle which now means I'm out for both Nov and Dec as next AF isn't due until my birthday (!) in Jan.

We are going on holiday on the 22nd to Australia on our trip of a life time that we have been planning since 2010! so very excited about that and hoping we'll get lots of dtd in a relaxed holiday atmosphere. Not back until the end of Jan so will be giving it a good go.
Are you still going to test on 4th Wood? I think you should.

Now that I've got my period do you know if I can take ibuprofen as I'm not pg or does it make you less fertile for ttc?

Happy Monday!

woodwaj Mon 02-Dec-13 13:11:09

That sounds amazing broody! Will miss you while your gone but I hope you bring back a souvenir!! When do you go?

I take ibuprofen all the time. I do think about if I should but just have it anyway. I never get my bfp so I dont think I should suffer with a headache too!!

Im tempted to test any time now. Just get it over with!

broodysnoopstie Mon 02-Dec-13 18:15:12

What a souvenir! I would love to be able to tell a dc that they were conceived in Oz! I'm sure I'll find some wifi to check in with you while Im out there.

If you want to poas do it! At least then you know!

how many dpo are you do you think? I'm keeping everything crossed for you xx

broodysnoopstie Mon 02-Dec-13 18:17:32

ps. Vicky I'm on my way home now to have a large bottle glass of wine! DP was so sweet when I was saying it was hard having progressively longer cycles so kept getting my hopes up he said well at least your period is trying to stay away!! bless him x

woodwaj Mon 02-Dec-13 18:54:50

I am 15dpo as a guess could be out a little.

Might do it in the morning!

Enjoy your wine!!

broodysnoopstie Mon 02-Dec-13 19:10:48

oooh yes do it tomorrow! ! and let me know smile x

woodwaj Mon 02-Dec-13 19:11:44

What dpo is it best to test from?

Vickyvix Mon 02-Dec-13 20:30:40

Ooh wood sounds exciting!

15 dpo is great, can't remember did you use OPKs this month? If I were you I'd be tempted at 15/16 dpo but obviously understand worry about seeing a potential negative.

Remember what your doc said though...preggers by Christmas!

I will keep my fingers tightly crossed for you smile

broody that would be an amazing souvenir, and you are gonna have so much fun whilst being on holiday, sounds like the perfect recipe to me.

I must say My mind is in overdrive and i'm slightly suspicious now as my good friend in RL is going to Oz for the trip of a life time over Christmas....?!?!?

Imagine!!! Prob just a huge coincidence ;)

woodwaj Mon 02-Dec-13 20:37:28

Oooh imagine if you were rl best buds!!

I think ill test tomorrow with the cheapie and Friday with the cb if no AF.

Worked myself up to do it now! Bet AF shows up in the morning now ha

Vickyvix Mon 02-Dec-13 20:42:58

Ah good luck wood i will be checking in tomorrow to see how you get on. I so hope you get your BFP fgrin

woodwaj Mon 02-Dec-13 21:21:36

I think we know what will happen but the pee pot is ready haha!

Vickyvix Mon 02-Dec-13 21:37:07

Good work, and good luck!

broodysnoopstie Mon 02-Dec-13 22:49:44

vicky that is a coincidence but if you are called Vicky in RL then we don't know each other! Ha you'll be looking at your friend all suspiciously next time you see her.

15dpo is good I think wood I tested at 12, 14, 19 and 20!! Eeek
Good luck, I'll be checking in tomorrow! thanks

Xx

woodwaj Tue 03-Dec-13 07:29:43

Instant bfn!! Test didnt even have to think about it!

broodysnoopstie Tue 03-Dec-13 08:26:14

boo but early days Wood give it a couple of days.. test again! When would you expect AF to show?

woodwaj Tue 03-Dec-13 08:38:40

My longest cycle on clomid has been 30 days so ill test again if no AF friday as that will be day 31

Vickyvix Tue 03-Dec-13 08:50:16

Ah sorry wood but great news AF isn't there either. Fingers crossed AF doesn't arrive and Friday is lucky for you smile

I am pleased to report all the candy canes are still present, not even tempted - but a box of hotel chocolat chocs bought as a gift have vanished fblush

woodwaj Tue 03-Dec-13 09:29:26

Haha I would polish those off if I had them. I love going on hotel chocolat's website on xmas day when everything is half price yummy!

Going to drag till Friday! Wishing my life away!

Vickyvix Tue 03-Dec-13 21:07:10

The waiting is difficult, can you busy yourself with stuff? Maybe Christmas stuff??

I'm wishing time away too, scan next week and I'm getting really anxious. Luckily I am super busy with work and we are going away for the weekend so it should keep my mind off it.

Just returned from a work do without drinking, I was sat there yawning!! Everyone gave me so much grief for not drinking, I got caught out drinking mocktails!

woodwaj Tue 03-Dec-13 22:00:27

I made cakes and bread this evening! plenty to do!

Did they clock what it was? I suppose id just go with the usual "on antibiotics" excuse. Anyone with any brain cells wouldn't bring it up in front of everyone if you haven't said anything I hope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now