new thread, new posifrickintivity. Welcome to project desperate, where we will try anything when TTC after MC

(956 Posts)
katatonic Sun 21-Jul-13 18:01:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SeasideLily Tue 20-Aug-13 15:53:04

Good idea fod, if it puts your mind at ease it's worth it.I'm sure you've nothing at all to worry about though-keep remembering those stats they told you at your last scan!

Been feeling really low last night and today, no idea why. I should be feeling great-think I ov'd on the right side (with tube) for first time over the weekend, and booked tickets to Oz to see BFF in Nov yesterday. DH is being so moody though, and that really brings me down. Couldny even be bothered to put the moves on him last night for 'just in case' shag. Neither did he, mind you, and he knew we were supposed to. Feel like it's me making all the effort sometimes and it makes me so annoyed-makes me feel like some whingey wife nagging her husband fir babies when this is supposed to be a joint effort. Get. Sorry for rant.

You made me laugh with Sperm Swims In Opposite Direction To Egg Plan though! Thank you.

SeasideLily Tue 20-Aug-13 15:55:00

Lol, 'grr' not 'get'! Bloody autocorrect!

katatonic Tue 20-Aug-13 16:32:35

alyant79 Tue 20-Aug-13 16:41:20

oh seaside I totally get you (not grr you, haha). I also feel like I ALWAYS have to be the one putting the moves on these days. This is in complete contrast to pre-ttc days when i'm sure it was always the other way around.

hope you feel better soon cosmic

ark i assume you know the studies that say many pregnancies fail before you even know that you're pregnant. So it seems quite possible given your maybe-lines that it was an almost-bean.

ooh butterflies, I like it. I went to the butterfly enclosure in london zoo the other day - thousands of butterflies! surely that means i'm bound to get pg this cycle?

katatonic Tue 20-Aug-13 16:58:53

Sal1977 Tue 20-Aug-13 19:06:36

Saw a LOVELY doc this arvo who said he was happy to refer us for tests and was really sympathetic, so bloods (for both of us) on Friday, then DH is to go in for a spermy test then the recurrent miscarriage clinic call to give us an appointment. Anyone know what happens after that?

Penguinita Tue 20-Aug-13 19:43:13

That's great news sal, it must feel great to find a doctor that will take some action.

Look at everyone getting excited over a mid-week POAS! smile We are sooo addicted! Good luck sundance, have a sardine slap.

What does an implantation dip look like? I had a huge temp drop yesterday at ten dpo to pre-OV levels and thought AF may be on her way early, but it is back up high today. But then again it may just have been because I took my temp at a stupidly early time, thanks to an over-excited cow mooing outside my bedroom window at 6am.

alyant79 Tue 20-Aug-13 20:10:53

Sal that's great. Fraid I don't know what'll happen next but am curious to hear.
I'm getting bloods taken on Thursday, but nothing else lined up. Sounds like your doc was really on the ball

Penguin that sounds really really promising. If you look on fertility friend there is a big section on implantation dip. In a nutshell, if you see a dip it doesn't mean for sure that you're pg, but it makes it more likely.

Bezza2508 Tue 20-Aug-13 20:20:58

Fingers crossed for sundance.

I'm probably the only person celebrating a BFN but I finally got one this morning...4 weeks to the day after my ERPC. Just got to wait for AF to show up now.

DearlyDepartedMrsFinch Tue 20-Aug-13 20:37:24

Pleased you've had no more spotting, MrsFod. Congratulations on your marriage smile

penguinita, that dip sounds promising. I had one around the same time the cycle I fell pregnant with DD2.

Good news from the GP, sal. Pleased there is a plan in place for you.

And seaside, I completely get where you are coming from with the 'why am I making all the effort?!'. Pisses me right off that does...

I am about 7DPO and completely symptom-free. Expecting AF to arrive in the middle of our holiday next week and trying to rein in the symptom-spotting. Isn't it silly that no matter how unlikely it is, you still hope, hope, hope, and convince yourself that this is the month! Aaargh. Wish I could sleep for 2 weeks.

Misspositivity Tue 20-Aug-13 21:55:47

sundance sounds promising. Please put us out of our misery.
sal glad you got your referral. Not sure what happens but you can keep us up to date.
ark I often get 2 poss opk in one cycle. I asked consultant about it and was told the body can gear up to ovulate then not and do it later. Only really tell if you temp which is right just one temp shift. It would be nice to throw eggs out all cycle though got to up the chances.

Hav a evil stomach bug with temps FF chart all over the place. Got a high smiley on cb opk so going to take one for the team. :-)). I feel a little sick though

Bezza2508 Tue 20-Aug-13 22:10:37

That is dedication miss.

DearlyDepartedMrsFinch Tue 20-Aug-13 22:17:41

I agree with missP re ovulation. In times of stress I have been known to do the gearing up to ovulation but then not actually ovulating thing. Then I have ovulated really late. I suspect that is what happened with my MMC. I think I ov'd on CD30 that cycle.

C'mon Sundance!

<<passes MissP a bucket>>

Sundance2007 Wed 21-Aug-13 07:21:14

So sorry to have kept you all waiting and I'm sorry to say I still can't give you a definitive answer! The second test was the same, the faintest of faint second line appeared about a minute after the test line. I don't think it is a positive, especially when I'm getting cramps again.

May have to wait a couple of days and see what happens, will do another test on Friday if af still hasn't arrived.

Thanks all so much for the posifrickintivity vibes though, you lot are awesome!!

Sundance2007 Wed 21-Aug-13 07:25:16

Also, and you won't believe this, I got poo'd on by a bird yesterday!!!! That is 6 times in as many weeks for me, when I had never before had that happen in my life. Clearly birds hate me!

fedupofrainydays Wed 21-Aug-13 08:33:47

Sundance the bird poo is a good thing and part of project desperate! It's no doubt a bfp just for that!! Cramps can mean pregnancy too! Exciting!

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 21-Aug-13 08:49:03

I want to say that surely bird poos are harbingers of bfps. Like butterflies you know.

ArkadyRose Wed 21-Aug-13 10:03:51

I quit my job this morning. I feel so much better. Bye-bye stress! Bet I get pg this next cycle now that stress is gone. And DD3 is delighted she gets a SAH mum again! (Though hoping to turn that into freelance WFHM with my artwork if I can.)

I should have done this months ago.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 21-Aug-13 10:57:59

Good on you arkady. The stress really can't be good for you and ttc!

alyant79 Wed 21-Aug-13 11:02:28

sundance I don't think a line that appears after only a minute can be wrong, can it? If it was very faint but only appeared about 10 min then i'd be suspicious, but so quickly? I say promising, very very promising.

ark i'm so glad that you've made that decision and can already feel the stress lifting. hooray!

triple what did your temp do this morning? and penguin did yours stay high? mine is skyrocketting again but i'm trying not to get excited - it went super high last time but then i still got AF.

kjh5 Wed 21-Aug-13 11:07:05

<pokes head in door to see how everyone is doing>
Ark that is brilliant news! I bet you feel happy and relieved smile and so awesome you can concentrate on your art now too!

Sun the same thing happened to me - very faint second line, cramping, spotting and then I had a bleed on the day AF was due and it was still a BFP so there is still lots of hope. Fx this is your month! Bird poo is definitely a good sign.

missp you are a trooper! Maybe if you are feeling dire you should go for sal's syringe trick?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 21-Aug-13 11:22:34

Sundance A colourless line or a pink line? Pink lines are BFP colourless is evap.

triplespin Wed 21-Aug-13 12:25:28

ark how very exciting. Not all of us our brave enough to do what you did; so good on you!!!
sundance it all sounds quite promising, even if the line is faint.
penguin implantation dip !! Hopefully Friday will bring good news!
onelittle thanks for sharing your temp patterns.
I had another day of a low and so FF has removed the ovulation line completely from my chart and it seems that this may have been anovulatory cycle for me. Feeling really low because of this and now thinking whether this will ever happen for me.
I also packed away all of dc's toys and things that arent used anymore. I was holding on to them thinking that the next one will get to use them but at this rate I may as well give them to charity.

alyant79 Wed 21-Aug-13 13:17:09

aw triple don't give up! FF doesn't know everything.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 21-Aug-13 13:27:10

triplespin you aren't alone in thinking that about the baby things. I have another box of 1-2yo clothes to go up to the loft. In the weekend, I took the cover off my maclaren to put into the wash. I keep wondering if I should just start selling them. I was almost reduced to tears everytime I thought about having clear out all the baby things from the loft. They sort of represent a glimmer of hope, of another to come. But my DH told me the loft is filling out and we won't be able to put away more boxes. sad

I haven't even touch the toys. They are still all over the house. DD has declared yesterday that the bumbo seat is a potty. Last week she found the drawer of baby soft toys. She didn't like her lamaze robot or bee anymore. But decided to keep the aptimal bear.

I really really hope I don't have to face clearing them out without another baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now