Fabulous Fecund Over Forties TTC: fertile,prolific,fru itful and productive. Hand over the bfp's and hand them over now!!

(1000 Posts)
hopefulgum Fri 05-Jul-13 11:54:31

Starting the new thread for you wonderful ladies before I fly off into the sunset.

May this thread bring us the happy news we've all been waiting for. grin

mozzarellamummy Tue 15-Oct-13 14:40:54

Megacongratulations diege!!!
Take a good rest and enjoy this precious time with baby Laurie.. smile

diege Tue 15-Oct-13 20:38:05

Thanks for all your good wishes! It is early days but Laurie seems to have settled well and has changed from rebel of the ward (yes, he was the baby everyone inwardly tuts at who screams through the night and has to be wheeled away to the nurses' station blush) to a calm-ish Gina Ford loving routine baby grin. He has been settling well in his cot at 7pm then has so far just woken 1/2 times in the night, up properly at about 6.30. This is only his second night at home though so watch me eat my words tomorrow...
I have to say though that I am absolutely knackered. I am finding the early days far harder physically and mentally than with my other babies - whether it's age or just more kids, who knows!
I'll try and get that piccie uploaded tomorrow - when I find the camera!

diege Tue 15-Oct-13 20:38:54

ps, isn't notsoold scheduled for her section in a day or two? Good luck if you are lurking smile

greenlizard Tue 15-Oct-13 20:45:47

Congratulations diege and baby laurie. What fabulous news grin Glad you're both doing well (even if very sore and very tired). flowersflowers

hopefulgum Tue 15-Oct-13 23:18:10

Diege, I do hope you can rest as much as possible. Having a baby is such hard work, and when there are other children to care for to, it can be difficult. Has your DH got time off work to help out?

Notsoold should be here soon with her news. How exciting!

I got a positive opk this morning -yes, I am not a normal person who gets a surge later in the day it seems. I had a "barely there" line on the opk last night, but a positive this morning. Luckily I've been able to keep up the "every other day" SWI schedule and plan to keep it up. I was pretty surprised yesterday that I had CM that went from sticky in the morning, to creamy in the afternoon, then totally egg-white in the evening. Obviously as I've gotten older the window of opportunity is smaller.

Nothing much more to report. Had my day at work yesterday, then did the grocery shopping and drove home thinking, "feels like I didn't even have a holiday!" Ah well, won't be long til the long Christmas break.

Any news from anyone else?

notsoold Tue 15-Oct-13 23:39:16

diege congratulations!!!! Most wonderful news!!!

hopeful and so another Xmas is coming!!! I haven't got anything planned or sorted yet!!! Just know that won't have as many people as last year's!smile

I am back after few days sorting last minute things. My dd has a terrible cold and a chest infection but I have been very good in not trying to sort her out . since moving with her fiancée she is growing up and becoming more independent and I always try to remember that.
I saw the mw last Friday ( lo is still breech), ky pre op bloods yesterday for a very possible cesarian Friday. Also bought some pansies for some winter colour as I might spend a lot of time looking into the garden!!!
I am still tryong to wean my boss from phoning everyday. Since I started maternity leave I only had a day of her not phoning!!! Dh is very unhappy about that....

Sorry for not name check but wishing you all a great night and a good day tomorrow...xxxx

CaliBee Wed 16-Oct-13 09:04:07

Diege lovely to hear little Laurie is settling well. How are you healing? I'm guessing having a csection has put a whole new spin on this one.

notsoold Hope your dd is recovering. Its such a wrench letting them grow up isn't it. Leaving mine behind has shown me that when they are ill is when I most want to be there for them.

hopeful thank you for asking how I am. I know I haven't updated as much over the last few months. To be quite honest, I'm in a funny place with ttc just now. I have an appointment here in NI at the beginning of November but was told under no circumstances can I still keep the one in England at the end of November. I guess thats fair enough. Due to the fact that I felt I was treated so dismissively by my English clinic I have decided to take the plunge and attend here. Logistically and economically it's far more viable too. Although I confess to being in a very pessimistic frame of mind and am wholely expecting to be tutted at and sent on my way for being deluded into thinking I could hope for treatment of any sort at the grand old age I am. I wonder sometimes, that if DH told me he wasn't really bothered about a baby, if I would breathe a huge sigh of relief and just let it all go. I also wonder if the whole temping, testing, supplementing obsession is more to do with the fact that my body refuses to give me something and my mind is rebelling against it. I would dearly love a thb with DH...and him probably even more so than me. He's a star in that he tries not to put any pressure on.....but I worry sometimes that his age means he doesn't quite get the time factor. I am currently on cd11 of my cycle (af eventually arrived after 2nd course of provera)...I took the second to last pack of clomid I have......

Aside from that.....my life is all pretty good. Despite still not having even a whiff of a suitable job, I seem to be keeping myself incredibly busy. I have settled into a routine of getting up, heading to the free gym, back home for a shower, a couple of hours practising nails (I am currently working my way through 300 sets of nail extensions and polishes to get certified) then a walk on the beach with the hound before cooking dinner. It's an easy life and one which, if I'm honest, I could become very used to. Alas...as it is just now, we just scrape by on DH's earnings. If we want the "extra's" , I just have to find some work.

JBrd Wed 16-Oct-13 18:53:13

Diege Many many congratulations! Gosh, it's all happening on here, I've been away too long! Well, only about a week, but still...

Not much new from me. I have decided to get both the AMH and Day 21 tests done privately, for my own peace of mind. Now I just have to find some time to call the local clinics to find out how much they charge. Time being the critical factor here - work is mad right now, I can't remember the last time I had a decent lunch break!

babytiger Wed 16-Oct-13 20:18:51

Hi everyone
I've been lurking on here for ages but just wanted to post. It's mainly a message for you Gum as this relates to something you mentioned a while back, but also for anyone else - hope it's helpful
I'm 45 and have one beautiful 4 year old boy. I've had 5 miscarriages over the last 6 years and feel like DS is an amazing miracle. We've been trying since DS was 6 months old to have a sibling for him but with no luck.
The last miscarriage was in June 2011 (I had to have a D&C) and we haven't managed to get pregnant since. We've tried everything but nothing has worked. So, in August I went to see Dr Gorgy in London and had an aqua scan to try and find out why. This showed I had adhesions on my cervix which probably happened during the D&C and were probably the reason we haven't been able to get pregnant in the last two years.
I've just come back from a trip to London to have a consultation with Mr Adrian Lower. While I was there he also performed a hysteroscopy and during this he removed the adhesions (successfully - hurray!). He also confirmed that the D&C did cause the adhesions. We'd desperately love to have one more baby, so I'm hoping madly that this at least give us a chance. Good luck to everyone else who's trying xx

Prambo3TheReturn Wed 16-Oct-13 23:40:41

Babytiger, I never got pregnant again, either, after my ERPC last March 2012 - and this was after falling pregnant within two months of trying. When they did a lap & dye this February they discovered a blocked fallopian tube, which I just know was a direct result of the ERPC. I hate to remember those 16 months of futilely trying to conceive after my miscarriage; I knew full well that sperm was not reaching egg but couldn't piece together why that should be after being an instadiffer. I felt very bitter about the wasted time and effort, so much so that I took the bull by the horns and went abroad for donor egg IVF. I am currently 21 wks pregnant smile I would urge anyone struggling to get pregnant after an ERPC to go and get your tubes checked (approx £350 private). I felt a sense of liberation afterwards that our futile efforts at TTC had not been our fault.

Diege, many congratulations on the safe arrival of Laurie.

Prambo3TheReturn Wed 16-Oct-13 23:43:50

Sorry...I meant £1350 blush

mozzarellamummy Thu 17-Oct-13 08:11:58

jass about CoQ10..I bought online a pill called fertilovit 35+.. it contains CoQ10 and vitamins..I took it for two months before getting pregnant this time, probably it's completely unrelated..but I wanted to try something and didn't want to get mad with different pills..not so cheap on the long term however...

hopefulgum Thu 17-Oct-13 23:55:42

Thanks Babytiger. After my second D&C I didn't have periods for a long time - just pain at the time I should have AF, plus my charts indicated I had ovulated. Eventually I got the bleeding again. My doctor felt that I may have had some scarring at my cervix, but that it had gone - she had a look. And I did get pregnant again, but miscarried at 6 weeks. I suppose I might still have something going on which caused the miscarriage, but my gut feeling is that it isn't an issue. I also had an ultrasound and there was no mention of any scarring.

Did you still have period with adhesions on the cervix?

I do hope that it makes the difference for you and you get pregnant really soon. smile

Well, ovulation time has passed and I got a "high" score with fertility friend. Can't do much better than that. So troops are in place, and I am hoping that one of them has met my egg. Can't really do much more, just wait.

I hope everyone is feeling good. It is Friday. Yippee! It is the weekend tomorrow. wine

hopefulgum Fri 18-Oct-13 00:02:54

Forgot to say how nice it is to hear your news, Calibee. Hang in there. I know it is hard, especially knowing that your DH would dearly love a baby.Perhaps the fertility clinic in NI will have something for you.

I remember talking to an Irish midwife when I was ttc my DS and feeling negative and she told me that in Ireland the stigma of "older" mothers was almost non-existent. Perhaps she was referring to the catholic community, who I know keep having children until they don't come naturally anymore (obviously not all Catholics, but many). Anyway, my feeling is that the clinic will be sympathetic rather than tutting you.((hugs))

I like the sound of your routine. I could get used to that, however I do understand that it would be nice to have a bit more for the extras...

sparklysapphire Fri 18-Oct-13 23:16:24

Just a quick post before DH gets home... I am still reading, even if not posting much.

Diege, Laurie sounds like a star baby, I hope you're recovering from your section and getting lots of help.

Notsoold, looking forward to your news.

Morien, a girl, how lovely, I'm so glad everything looks good with your scan.

We registered DD2 on Monday, a day before the 6 week deadline (can't believe she's 6 weeks already, it's flown by). I'd love to tell you her name but it's quite unusual and I don't want to out myself. After a very difficult discussion last Sunday, I agreed to go with DH's choice for her first name. Middle name we were both happy with, and so I decided to use the name I wanted as a 2nd middle name - of course she doesn't need 3 names but I feel happier about it. I will attempt to post a picture in the next few days. DH is trying but still hasn't bonded with her.

Hi gum, green, calibee, irish, jass, mozzarella, JBrd, and anyone I've missed.

hopefulgum Sat 19-Oct-13 01:11:13

Good Morning ladies. Happy Saturday! flowers I love the weekend!

Good to hear from you Sparkly. You've piqued my curiousity, I wish I could hear what you have named your DD, especially as it is unusual. Perhaps you could PM me?? I can't wait to see pictures of her.My children all have three names too. I think I am overcompensating because my parents didn't give me a middle namehmm

I am feeling a bit sluggish this morning, I really should be getting organised to go to the markets and go for a swim, but I am not sure if I should have a swim after talking to the chiropractor last night (although the truth is I had two glasses of wine last night and that's probably why I am slow to get moving!). He told me not to do any gardening this weekend, but I think swimming would be alright?

Anyway, the visit to the chiro was quite an eye opener. I only went because my Dh is having back troubles and I though I might as well get adjusted at the same time. I had a stiff neck and have had a hip problem since January shock, but have just put up with them. I learnt that my hip issue is probably due to my pelvis being about 5cm out of whack (left side lower than the right) and my stiff neck is because when I swim I only breath on one side - I have to change my swimming style. Bugger, I like the way I have done it for nearly 40 years! Anyway, the most interesting thing he told me was that very recent research has shown that having your spine adjusted helps balance hormones! Unbelievable. Apparently it has something to do with the release of spinal fluid to the brain, and the pituitry (spelling??) gland, which in turn balances the hormones. Surely that must be good for ttc? It is very new research, but the chiro was very enthusiastic about it. I have to go back next week for another adjustment. I have to admit my sore hip and neck were instantly relieved. Amazing! He mentioned something about an x-ray for my hip, but I'll have to put him off until I know for sure I am not pregnant.

That's all from me. I had a lovely big temperature jump this morning, and I am about 3 dpo. I must buy some aspirin today and start using the progesterone cream. Keeping everything crossed that this is my month, but not going to be too hopefulhmm

notsoold Sat 19-Oct-13 01:34:30

Hello everyone...sorry not to name check but using ds phone...
My elcs was today and baby Joseph is here with a head full of hair, 51cms and 7lb11oz...
I am having a lttle problem with a oozing wound and baby Joe needs topping up with ff because his sugar are low due to my gd but everything is under control and it was the best feeling ever seing dh and ds with Joe. Certainly ds is receiving an education regarding lo and how to deal with babies etc.
Thank you, thank you,thank you for helping me on the ttc road, explaing things to me, holding my hand last year with my mmc and all the support during this pg.
I will graduate at due curse to the proper thread, but will if ok with you girls, continue to be here as I feel so at home and do want to see you all achieving your goals...
Xxxx

hopefulgum Sat 19-Oct-13 06:10:26

flowersflowersbiscuit Congratulations notsoold biscuitflowersflowers

I am so pleased to hear that you and little Joe are doing well. I hope you do stay with us, I for one would love to hear how things are going.

Irishmammybread Sat 19-Oct-13 07:39:18

Congratulations notsoold and welcome to the world to baby Joseph!
Hope the oozing from your wound settles down and you are soon home.
I've dipped my toes in a couple of other threads but also still feel most at home here!
I had my 12 week scan last week and everything was fine so I'm in the system now like a "normal" pregnant person (though having consultant led care rather than midwife due to my miscarriages and "advanced maternal age"!!!) I still can't shake the feeling of anxiety though now more people know in rl too it's starting to feel more real and as though we might actually have a baby next April! 13 weeks today.
gum that's very interesting about the chiropracter, it's certainly worth a try and wonderful that your pain was relieved straight away. I'm keeping everything crossed for you for this month too!
Sparkly glad to hear you've decided on a name for dd! Your Dh will hopefully start to bond with her more when she starts becoming a bit more interactive ,good that he's trying.
CaliBee hope your appointment with the NI clinic goes well. Your lifestyle sounds lovely at the moment ,it must be great living close to the beach and wonderful to be with DH after all the time you've had to spend apart. I can appreciate it also means lack of funds though, but if you finish your nail course it will be a flexible job and I'm sure will be a great source of income.
Diege hope baby Laurie is doing well and you're getting plenty of rest!
Hi to JBrd, Mozza ,Green ,Jass*,*Morien*,*Babytiger and everyone else!

diege Sat 19-Oct-13 09:56:12

Morning smile. Many, many congratulations notsoold, that's lovely news. I love your name choice too (my second on the list). Hope you have a speedy recovery and are enjoying lots of newborn cuddles.
Gum sounding positive at your end, and that's interesting research from your chiropractor. I agree that swimming should be fine as very different in terms of the forces on your body from gardening.
irish, lovely news from your scan. Do your other children know the news yet?
sparkly I too would love to know dds name (I love unusual names but have always been 'reined in' by dh) Feel free to pm me too grin
All going well here. Laurie doing fine and nights are very bearable. He seems to be most unsettled at around midnight and grumbles on and off until 2ish. He'll then take a feed around then and will need waking at 7am, so really can't complain. While it is physically grinding, I have to say I found the night wakings more difficult with ds2 at 41. I am also more than aware that this is my last baby and that this is just a stage that will pass relatively soon. In the meantime I am enjoying every minute smile.

jass43 Sat 19-Oct-13 23:36:23

Notso, Diege, huge congratulations on the arrival of the little ones!
So great news. Good to hear Morien is doing great as well.
And that everyone else is rather positive. Have been travelling for work and no time to check here. Did find q10 and am also taking b6, looking forward to next cycle, and hoping to get an OV when I am home. So much work travel these days....could do with some easy days, envying you Calibee....
Onwards and upwards for everyone!

CaliBee Sun 20-Oct-13 00:57:09

Massive congrats notsoold.
Well ov week has arrived and guess what? DH has to leave for exercise on monday til Friday. Sheeesh. I give up!!!!!!!

mozzarellamummy Sun 20-Oct-13 19:46:07

Hello everyone, many many many congratulations notsoold! Wishing you a quick recovery smile..
I am really worried because I found out to be positive to Cvm ..I still have to wait forfurther results to know if it's a primary infection..in that case I would have a 30-40% riskto pass the virus to the baby and it would be at risk for major neurological problems including mental retardation, deafness, cerebral palsy...infections in the first trimester are more dangerous sad...
I would be able to know if the baby has the, virus only at 21

mozzarellamummy Sun 20-Oct-13 19:56:33

Sorry continuing previous post .. Only at 21 weeks through amnyo..but it won't say if and how badly the baby is affected ... The only positive news is there is Aa treatment during pregnancy which seems to reduce the bad outcomes, but it's still experimental and I don't know much about it...after losing a baby to a very rare chromosome problem I hoped to be spared other heart aches..I will knowmore at the beginning of november when I will have the definitive results about primary or secondary infection...

hopefulgum Mon 21-Oct-13 00:26:41

Oh mozzarella, I am sorry you have this to worry about. When you say you have been found to be positive to cmv, does that mean you have the infection, or have had since falling pregnant?

I am asking because I also had a + test for it, but it was + for antibodies, which meant I'd had it in the past, and in fact meant I couldn't get it while pregnant.

How worrying for you, and to have to wait until November to find out more, that's tough. I know there is nothing I can say after what you have been through. ((hugs))

Calibee, you really can't catch a break can you! It's so bloody unfair. How I wish there was a way we could freeze the other half's sperm for when we need it - you know, at home, without a visit to an expensive clinic. Why hasn't someone come up with a home kit for that? I bet there's a market out there.grinYou will just have to make sure he makes a HUGE deposit before he leaves, I'll bet his swimmers are strapping young lads that will hang around for a week.

As for me, nothing newsworthy. I spent the weekend mainly on the couch with DS3. He was sick, his tummy hurt and he had a fever, so slept on and off. I watched a lot of TV and read a huge amount on the internet on the Ipad. I was reading about diets for conception and stumbled upon a woman who had been told she wouldn't get pregnant without IVF after trying for 5 years. She changed her diet and fell pregnant with her son at age 42, then again at age 45. Basically her diet was low in sugar, caffeine,grain. She ate grass-fed meats and dairy,lots of vegies, small amount of fruit and also organ meats. My diet is very similar, but I don't like organ meats, so I am trying to think of a way to eat liver (pate I suppose).

I think my caffiene intake is too much, so will continue to try and adjust that.

I don't feel pregnant this month. I know I am only 4/5 days PO, but I don't feel it.

Edging closer to my 47th birthday and starting to think I will stop TTC at Christmas. I kind of made a pact with myself, that if I didn't have a pregnancy by Christmas that it was time to stop. Though I have been saying that for years, so we shall see confused

This thread is not accepting new messages.