My first two week wait - anyone else?

(79 Posts)
sparkle9 Wed 12-Jun-13 17:07:49

We have been TTC for a couple of months but this is the first month that it might have happened. I came off the pill and have had 2 really long cycles - 43 and 53 days. This cycle seems long too but temp charting and OPK shows ovulation on CD31. This is the first time fertility friend has shown bold red crosshairs for ovulation (dotted lines the last cycles). So I'm on CD35 now and my temperatures are still up. I'm feeling positive that ovulation just might have happened! We BD on CD31 so hopefully things will have worked out. Testing on Sat 22nd unless AF makes an unwelcome appearance! Anyone else testing around then? It will be a long 10 days!

I would be very wary about testing but I wish you the very best of luck for the 22nd.

If your cycles remain consistently irregular however, I would urge you to seek medical advice. Long cycles can be caused by hormonal imbalances and this can affect ovulation to its detriment. A condition called PCO (polycystic ovaries) is often to blame but there can be other causes as well. Charting and OPKs are not worth doing when it comes to such long cycles particularly if they remain long. These are usually only more helpful if the cycle is consistently regular and even then it is not infallible. It is also possible to have a temp rise in the second half of the cycle when an egg has not been shed so this may be a reason for your temps being up now.

A "normal" cycle is a cycle length of between 21 and 35 days or with less than 4 days of variation from month to month.

PastaBeeandCheese Wed 12-Jun-13 18:33:00

Me! Me! AF due 21st so I'll test 22nd if it hasn't arrived already. I'm not hopeful though..... Didn't get a positive OPK but I guess I could have missed the surge.

I'm TTC #2 and this is cycle #2.

Good luck to you. Is this your first?

sparkle9 Thu 13-Jun-13 00:36:44

Yes the first time TTC. And yes I am being optimistic but cautiously so. I had regular periods before the pill and I've been ill and on antibiotics, painkillers and anti inflamatories since just before I came off. All better and drug free now so I have high hopes that things are getting back to normal.

Fingers crossed.

I think the GP would say I haven't given myself long enough since coming off the pill so will leave if for a bit longer to see if things settle down.

Me!! Last month was my first off pill, got AF so this is my first REAL month. My OPKs were a bit confusing- got v v close to being positive (and have since gone neg), so I may have missed it too, but I got spotting and cramps on the appropriate day smile ill be testing on 23rd and until then ill be saying lots of prayers. I certainly don't feel preg yet, and no implantation cramps, but still a bit early.

Very best of luck!!! xxx

PastaBeeandCheese Thu 13-Jun-13 10:18:42

I'm trying really hard not to symptom spot. It's pointless and drives you crazy. My first symptom last time was a lack of PMT!

I know, Im trying hard too to forget all about it, but I want it to happen sooooo much!!

sparkle9 Thu 13-Jun-13 13:45:44

I have no symptoms either but I wouldn't be expecting them so early. They could just be AF symptoms anyway! My temp chart is showing a clear, sustained rise since Saturday so I should be able to tell if it stays up for a longer time than it should. Although my cycles have been long, I have had a sustained rise for 14 days and then AF on the past two cycles.

Good luck everyone. Are you all as impatient as me?! Also are you all avoiding alcohol? A possible last glass of wine this weekend? Or would that be bad!? And will a Zumba class be okay? I would guess so but not sure!

PastaBeeandCheese Thu 13-Jun-13 20:13:07

You'll be fine with a Zumba class! Drinking is just a personal choice. You need to weigh it up for yourself. I tend to think that the problem with alcohol in pregnancy is it crosses the placenta and as there isn't a placenta during a 2ww I'm personally ok with a glass of wine. I do avoid caffeine though.

Vikkijayne2507 Thu 13-Jun-13 20:35:27

I only came off pill this month and first 2 week wait so very much doubt anything is happening but will be good when I get my first proper cycle

Yeah I was relieved when my period came last month suggesting things are getting back to normal post-pill smile

I've been trying to completely cut out alcohol (and failing!!!) but limiting myself much more to a single glass once or twice a week. I thjnk its better if I don't put too much pressure on. Could do with reducing the caffeine a bit more!!

Vikkijayne2507 Fri 14-Jun-13 07:26:39

I am also cutting down the alcohol, been very good recently but im also not going to ban it completely this early ttc but reducing so when i do stopped completely it wont be as annoying. I also am trying to cut the caffeine and try and only have 2-3 cups a day when i used to have 5-8 cups a day Ive noticed some caffeine withdrawal headaches so i think it is helping in the long run.

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 14-Jun-13 08:19:42

I found caffeine the hardest thing to give up. I did it gradually and managed to get down to 1 cup in the morning. Was straight back on it though after giving birth so now I'm back at square 1 with giving up!

MushiMushi Fri 14-Jun-13 08:42:39

A year ago I gave up smoking, 20 a day - relatively easy, don't miss it.
I stopped drinking alcohol in January - easy, don't miss it at all.

I cannot for the life of me stop drinking coffee! I am hopelessley addicted! I honestly think caffeine is more addictive than nicotine and alcohol.

PastaBeeandCheese Fri 14-Jun-13 08:57:12

I really do think the only way is to do it gradually, over a few months. I found replacing a coffee in the day with decaf every few weeks to be ok. As soon as I increased the rate at which I was cutting it I got terrible headaches and felt sick and shaky.

I don't think you can wake up one day and say 'I'm stopping' like you can with some substances. It's very hard.

sparkle9 Fri 14-Jun-13 19:07:07

I've had some strange stomach cramps today and (TMI alert!) a tiny spot of blood in my CM. Could it be implantation bleeding? Might be a bit early seeing as ovulation was probably Sat or Sun. Any signs from anyone else?

pesopissesmeoff Fri 14-Jun-13 19:34:13

Can I join?! This isn't my first 2ww, but I am here tapping my foot waiting. Very hard not to symptom spot, but then I have been ill, so very confusing.
I'm due either Monday 17th or Thursday 20th. Have no clue when I ovulated as am not particularly TTC but not preventing it either. I would be quite go smacked though, as only DTD once on day 12. Eek blush

SpannerPants Fri 14-Jun-13 20:20:36

2ww here too, according to my fertility friend app my BFP is due on 22nd! We haven't managed to DTD much but did around ovulation so fingers crossed.

Vikkijayne2507 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:35:23

I continuing to feel nausous, however i went onto the pill in the first place as I had really bad period pains and sickness soooo it doesn't help in spotting symtoms, silly body. very frustrating very impatient

sparkle9 Sat 15-Jun-13 07:08:05

Higher temperature today. Could it be. Second temperature shift? This wait and symptom spotting is awful!! One week to go. Trying not to get my hopes up but it would be so nice if things are working this month.

PastaBeeandCheese Sat 15-Jun-13 12:47:58

Sorry, can't help. I'm refusing to symptom spot!

pesopissesmeoff Sat 15-Jun-13 14:34:06

Trying not to symptom spot but feeling pretty nauseous now. Had cramps last night aswell so assuming AF is on the way- aswell I am super tetchy so am now assuming I am going to come on very soon.

Hi All,
I'm in my first 2ww.
I got married last month, my period was due on my wedding day, so 6 weeks before the wedding I started taking cerazette as i'd been on that pill a few years ago and didn't have any periods at all.

Took my last pill 23 days ago. Had a withdrawal bleed which lasted about 4 days and ended on 29th May. DTD a fair bit this month as it was our honeymoon. And although I know it's highly unlikely as I haven't yet had a proper AF I can't help myself from symptom spotting, although I think that all of my "symptoms" can very much be put down to finishing the pill. I've had very mild cramps for the last 2 weeks, having moodswings which is really unlike me, my boobs seem to be bigger and are tender, as well as having really vivid dreams these past few days and as of yesterday needing a wee really often. My mind knows that these symptoms are most likely a mixture of me finishing the pill and being more aware of my body as we're trying, but even though its highly unlikely I can't stop myself from thinking that there is a small possibility i'm pregnant.

So I think that AF should be due around 22nd June, but that is based on my withdrawal bleed, and who knows how long it'll take for my cycle to go back to normal so in the meantime i'm just counting down the days until I can poas.

Vikkijayne2507 Sun 16-Jun-13 09:34:50

hi impatiently waiting, i am exactly the same as you just 2 days later Af due 24th, based on withdrawal bleed. I know as well as unlikely it is but you think just maybe juust maybe....

Yesterday I had some applewood cheese and it really tasted like perfume. So much so that I initially thought that I hadn't cleaned the soap off my hand last time i'd washed them. I then ate it straight from the knife but still really tasted it. My husband wasn't around to try it for me to see if he could taste it, but said he'd eaten it earlier and it had been fine.
Also ate some chilli which my husband prepared (he doesn't usually cook) and it was incredibly salty, normally I love salt and put way more in my food than my husband. Again he said he had thought the chilli had tasted fine.

So my heart tells me my taste buds are changing and i'm deffo preggers. My head tells me the lady who cut the cheese at the deli counter was a bit over zealous with the perfume application and some managed to get some on the cheese, and my husband should reduce how much salt he adds to food or let me do the cooking.

I hope that my crazy symptom spotting calms down in any subsequent months, if not I don't know how i'll cope if it takes me a while to conceive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now