TRC 10+ months. Part 15...

(1000 Posts)
MuddyWellyNelly Sun 05-May-13 15:55:10

New thread for the lovely 10+ers. 14 was awesome so another like that please!

sweetgrouch Fri 28-Jun-13 00:16:53

sea - I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Big paw squeeze I'm really sorry you and MrP are going through something so hard.

akuabadoll Fri 28-Jun-13 04:29:35

So sorry to hear about your FiL sea thinking of you.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Fri 28-Jun-13 17:36:47

So sorry about your FIL, sea. Love to you and MrS.

Poutintrout Fri 28-Jun-13 17:49:32

So sorry to read about your FIL sea I will be thinking of you and your DH.

lemons How are you doing with the drugs now? Can't be too much longer to go now.

euro Thinking of you and your PUPO status & willing good things smile

MuddyWellyNelly Fri 28-Jun-13 22:30:40

Just popping in to offer hugs for Sea and much love. Poor Mr Sea hmm. What sad news x

Love to everyone else. Euro you had a bit of a roller coaster getting there but for now you are PUPO. Enjoy!

ThatWayMadnessLies Sat 29-Jun-13 08:05:40

Oh sea i am so sorry. i share your sadness about absent grandparents. will be thinking of you and MrS.

sarlat Sat 29-Jun-13 09:00:41

Oh sea, how totally and utterly unfair and tragic. Goodness me, you both must be in shock. I am thinking of you both. Take very good care, such sad news. I am so sorry. Xxxx

seaviewasia Sat 29-Jun-13 09:52:47

Just a quick post from me to say thank you v much for all your wishes 10 plussers. I'm with the family now helping with funeral arrangements. V v sad.

Thinking good thoughts for Euro and hoping and wishing it's good news.

Love to everyone x

eurozammo Sun 30-Jun-13 09:06:27

sea I hope you and Mr s are doing ok.

How is everyone else?

I'm doing ok. Sure that there is nothing doing in the womb region this time. I might test tomorrow to see if the trigger has gone, but I am not sure that there is much point.

rabbitonthemoon Sun 30-Jun-13 09:29:28

Morning! I've been offline in the middle of nowhere but back now and will need to catch up.

Sea - my heart goes out to you both, what sad sad news. Sending you lots of virtual support, you are in my thoughts. By rights we should be exempt from anything like this.

Euro, this wait must feel enormous. But hang in there and remember you had no inking whatsoever that it had worked last time - so maybe this is a very good sign!

Well I'm spotting hmm on track for ivf in September. Didn't realise what pressure impending ivf put on the last cycles of natural trying and I've had a small lament that we won't be getting any pre-ivf luck. Will anyone else be doing it then or am I going solo?

Apologies for missing lots. Must read back.

rabbitonthemoon Sun 30-Jun-13 09:31:06

Also - how the hell will I fit ivf in with work?! There are times in my job I CANNOT miss in September blush

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 30-Jun-13 09:34:34

Fitting ivf around work is a challenge, I found rabbit. We went for it now, as the summer is a slow time for me. But still. I am inpatiently watching my knickers, as AF needs to make an appearance (before 11:30) to make my cd2/3 scan practical. And it is not there yet, twiddles thumbs. If this one fails AND we have frosties, I might join you in September, rabbit.

Still thinking of you sea.

Still quite tired, but better than last week, luckily!

eurozammo Sun 30-Jun-13 09:39:44

Thanks rabbit. I'm not actually finding this 2ww difficult at all. I'm not on tenterhooks, I'm not counting the days. I was going to test this morning to see if the trigger had gone but I couldn't be bothered in the end. I'm more relaxed than I am on most natural cycles during the 2ww! If relaxation got your diffed, I'd be having triplets.

We're probably going to go again in August. If the egg buddies thread is still going in September, you might find a cycle buddy on there.

For me, IVF does undoubtedly affect work, but only for a period of about 10 days. I keep things ticking over during that time, but am not exactly performing at my peak! Each time I have had 4 scans (sometimes with blood tests too) in the run up to EC. I've luckily always managed to book these before work, so it just means I get in a little late. EC meant a day off last time but was at the weekend this time. Last time I tried to do ET in a long lunchhour but it didn't really work as the clinic is quite a way outside central London, and they were running an hour late, so I was out for a big chunk of time. This time I just arranged to work from home so my disappearance in the middle of the day was less noticeable! It wasn't too bad really.

ThatWayMadnessLies Sun 30-Jun-13 10:54:28

Morning all,

Windy Sunday up north and I haven't even managed to get out of bed. Telly on an iPad (and MrM delivering breakfast before he left for the day) have allowed me to be ridiculously lazy. Tis the first weekend of summer hols though and the bag of work will not be opened today grin.

euro I am still hopeful for you and glad that you're relaxed and not finding it too stressful this time. There really is no telling from symptoms or lack thereof so best just to stay calm and get through it.

rabbit my clinic does all the scans and blood tests on a first come first served basis from 8am so if I was there as they unlocked the door at 7:45am I was able to do that and still get in to schools before the children. Was obvious to colleagues though that something was up since we are all usually in by eight. A few that I work very closely with knew what was going on which really helped actually. EC meant two days off (as I wasn't allowed to drive for twenty four hours after and can't do my job without the car) but ET was done over lunch and I was in and out in about 20 minutes. For my August cycle the first week and a half will still be summer hols so hopefully not as much stress. You will find a way to make it work. What would happen if you came down with the norovirus on a day that you absolutely had to go to work?? said by the woman who never takes sick days and tried to convince MrM to let me go in the day after being admitted to hospital on IV antibiotics

lemon anxiety about af's arrival always seems to hold it at bay. I hope that things settle so that you can get your timetable sorted.

Well. I must get up and get moving or will still be in my pyjamas when MrM returns blush.

buzzybee123 Sun 30-Jun-13 12:52:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MuddyWellyNelly Mon 01-Jul-13 16:16:57

Very quiet on here!

I'm still in my funk. Found out someone else we know that was going through ivf at the same time as me got a Bfp. They only had one embryo as well, but it took - and in fact split so they are having twins. And already have one child. I am quite frankly jealous as shit envy. And then another friend sent me a pic of a gorgeous thing she bought for her imminent arrival (not unprompted, I was trying to be brave and not hide away). And then there was my sechs-fail, where essentially now I think I am unable to enjoy it and am like a shrivelled up old woman. EWCM is non-existent and I felt so detached from it, I actually cried blush.

So this is why I'm not really posting!! Not going to attempt a catch-up but I am reading. I'm going to go and (finally) call the clinic to make a follow up appointment. Maybe that will make me feel better.

ThatWayMadnessLies Mon 01-Jul-13 16:28:18

Hey nelly not much to say apart from sorry things are so sh*t. Sechs around here is pretty non existent - drugs muck with cm and we have to go back to condoms which makes it a lot more effort and I keep forgetting to buy more lubricant. When we tried without it was fecking awful. I have to have faith that things will return to normal when we get through this miserable stage where intercourse is only related to baby making.....

You okay buzzy???

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 01-Jul-13 17:36:43

That is all SHITE nelly. Sorry.

Sechsfails suck, madness. I was too knackered when on both the devil's juice and the pill. Since coming off the pill I felt a lot better, but had a root canal. AF has now shown up, so except for a sneaky Saturday morning moment, SB and I have not experienced a sechsless life like this except when diffed, because I spotted.

AF arrived, stimming starts Wed. Quite scared. But hopeful to get to the end of this crazy adventure without killing anyone, and that is progress indeed.

SpottyDotty1 Mon 01-Jul-13 17:37:41

madness mr m needs to make sure he has all the stuff in before he starts making his moves wink you have done amazing well on the drugs my lovely not long to go now smile

nelly I am so sorry, it does have an impact on your personal life all this TTC shite, big hugs flowers its just a blip, you were breaking stuff not so long ago. I would be angry and envy would you consider having the scratch next time??

pout hope all goes well tomorrow

euro hope things are ok with you, are you testing out the trigger??

waves to everyone else smile

eurozammo Mon 01-Jul-13 18:23:24

nelly sorry you are feeling that way. Sechsfails are never good for the esteem of either party.

And madness I'm sorry things aren't great for you either. I think my bestie is about to go on the same drug that you are on for endo in advance of surgery. Do you have any tips/advice for her?

drizz I find IVF makes me feel sechsless, so we hardly bother. And then when we get to the point of EC, it's pessery gunk time, and that is just vile. If I'm desperate, I will use the backdoor for one so I can get my rocks off. smile

I can't be bothered to test out the trigger. I was going to test this morning but just thought that there was no point. I really do feel very detached from it all. I did have some cramps yesterday (at 7dpEC) which is out of the ordinary for me so far before AF, but I haven't had the scratchy feelings I felt last time, or any of the backache, trippy dreams and spots that at the time I put down to the progesterone but with hindsight I think were early diffage symptoms. I wonder if something tried to implant yesterday but my womb said "bog off, you're sh1t" and didn't let it happen.

Well done for avoiding the killings so far. smile

SpottyDotty1 Mon 01-Jul-13 19:50:07

lemon sorry we x posts, well onwards and upwards smile

euro mine was different this time around, I didn't feel anything when I thought I would, the body does strange things

ThatWayMadnessLies Tue 02-Jul-13 16:57:59

euro hopefully your friend won't have terrible side effects. Mine this time around have been much more manageable. If she's going to be on it for a while (decapeptyl or zoladex) she should make sure to ask for hormone replacement therapy. It really helped me in the middle months. Otherwise, buy a fan for the bedside and make sure to dress in layers so that you can strip off quickly when the flushes strike. And MrM and I have a code word so that he knows to back off when I am losing it - that will be helpful even without the drugs ;). When is otd for you?

spotty I should put MrM in charge of supplies. Has been so long since we needed any that everything is out of date!! That says something about how long we've been TTC.....

lemon that is exciting. Good luck for tomorrow. You will be fine.

Hope silence isn't a bad thing and everyone is just busy. Have been to the gym today and dusting off the old sewing machine. Friend's new arrival is imminent so I need to get a move on.

eurozammo Tue 02-Jul-13 17:18:49

Thanks Madness. I'll pass that advice along.

OTD for me should be Sunday, but as it's the weekend, the blood test will be Monday. I feel awash with crazy hormones though, so I think AF is probably just around the corner. I am looking forward to being rid of the pessery gunk for a while anyway.

It is rather quiet on here at the moment, isn't it?

SpottyDotty1 Tue 02-Jul-13 18:13:24

i'm still about but life is pretty boring hmm i'm trying to get on with a few jobs that need doing but can't be arsed really, fur baby is very demanding right now, well need to think about dinner hmm

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 02-Jul-13 19:44:55

Just popping in, things much better here, so now trying to catch up with work. Apparently part of my misery was pill-related.

This thread is not accepting new messages.