Anyone else going to start ttc next month?

(1000 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:10

Anyone like to join me on this journey of conception?! Going to start in May to ttc no 2

shoegal84 Wed 19-Jun-13 13:01:46

I think I'm going to have to go with the ovulation sticks next month as I just don't have s clue. I don't seem to have any symptoms of ovulation.

Keep needing the loo and have the odd stomach cramps. No idea whether it's ovulation, implantation or a sign that af is on it's way!

Good morning all grin

According to my app today I have entered y fertile window, it may not be acurate but I'm going with it for now.

No signs that I can obviously pin point, not even entirely sure what I am supposed to be looking for. I have a slightly dull ache on y left hand side, just below my hip, but I'm no sure it amounts to much. What should I be looking for?

MushiMushi Thu 20-Jun-13 10:36:45

Sounds like that could be ovulation, Golden. What's your cervical mucus like? Get shagging!

Mushi well last night there was a very small amount of creamy CM. Stuck at my desk at the moment so can't nip to the loo to check but nothing this morning.

blueamber Thu 20-Jun-13 10:58:52

shoegal Hopefully you'll find out soon where you're at. I hated the uncertainty!

Golden could be ovulation pain, but not everyone gets that. You could be looking out for changes in cm, but I found the change in cervical position the most helpful (it goes higher, softer and more open). This happened before I got any pains. However, I think not everyone likes that method... And I got sensitive nipples and loose stool as well blush

MushiMushi Thu 20-Jun-13 11:51:07

Yes I sometimes get loose stools around ovulation too.

The day before ovulation I get loads of slippery discharge, that's my best indication that it's about to happen. Then ovulation pains. Usually for a few days afterwards I get very slight, barely noticable cramps.

I've been having a poke around trying to find my cervix but I have no idea where it is. When I had my smear the nurse did say it was tilted so I'm a bit clueless really.

internationallove985 Thu 20-Jun-13 11:55:02

Hi everyone. Are they ovulation pains. what Golden hand shake describes. I have them pains today but wouldn't have known they could be ovualtion pains. I'm not as clever as you lot about ovulation. (sad face) I googled my fertile days they are from 21-27 June, so that would mean I have ovulated (asuming these are ovulation pains) before my fertile window is that usual? Sorry if that comes over as stupid, but like I said I'm not too clever with ovulation I made love yesterday, planning to tommorow as well. He doesn't normally stay over night but I will persuade him to this Friday, and then we can make love on Satuarday morning as well. He'll think all his birthdays and christmases have came at once. (L.O.L) hopefully this will be my month.
Good luck to all you as well, be lovely to all move over to the anti-natal threads. xx

Well I've been to the loo and no CM so far today. Maybe I am imagingin it or I don't get symptoms/it's too early?

We will see. The app is probably completely wrong as I still ahven't ahd proper AF yet, app has predicted 8th July for that.

MushiMushi Thu 20-Jun-13 13:06:10

Well I'm out, period has just started. Not too much of a surprise after the negative test yesterday but I'm pretty gutted. Good luck to everyone else!

shoegal84 Thu 20-Jun-13 13:06:44

I don't usually get very much cm. certainly not enough to tell whether it's the kind for ovulation. starting to think that my need to pee may be a urine infection as it feels uncomfortable down there, although still not burning when I pee. never had a urine infection before, is there anything I should look out for and can do for it.

blueamber Thu 20-Jun-13 13:48:40

mushi sorry about that, hope next month will be better.

shoegal could be an infection! With an infection you have the urge to wee, but not much will come out. When I had it I just got some stuff from boots for it, which makes your urine less acidic I think which stops the uncomfortable feeling. I'm not sure if you need to go to the gp, I only did once when there was some blood in my urine, but the infection was already on its way out and I didn't need any meds. I do know if you get a pain in your kidneys you should definitely go to the GP.

It may have been caused by sex. To prevent it, go to the toilet after dtd (it won't reduce your chances of conception).

blueamber Thu 20-Jun-13 13:49:30

Oh and they say drinking cranberry juice helps prevent it too. Drinking loads when you do have an infection is important as well.

BNmum Thu 20-Jun-13 13:54:43

Sorry to hear that mushi

If you think you have a uti shoegal make sure you drink lots of water and you could try cranberry juice. If it gets worse or continues you should go to docs.

Good luck to international and golden. Your body may not be throwing out all the usual signs yet golden or maybe you just not get much cm (I haven for the last 2 cycles, basically since I started ttc which is annoying).

dimdommilpot Thu 20-Jun-13 14:50:58

I am ovulating today smile today we will TTC, DD was a surprise as i was on the pill so i am very excited to be actually trying.

shoegal84 Thu 20-Jun-13 18:05:33

I usually always go to the loo after dtd, but since we've been ttc I've always waited 20 mins as I googled it and that was recommended. hmmm.

internationallove985 Thu 20-Jun-13 19:04:20

Thankyou for your reply BNmum. Good luck to you as well.xx
Welcome to the thread dimdommilpot. Good luck in your exciting ttc journey. xx
Sorry A.f got you Mushi Mushi, she's a witch Aunt Flow isn't she! xx

Sorry to hear that Mushi here is hoping for next month flowers

Shoegal years ago when I had recurrent infections I used a powder called cytoban (I think that was the name or very similar) it worked wonder you just added a satchet to water.

Thanks for the good luck wishes BN smile

We dtd last night, because I'd told DH that it was possibly my fertile window, he actually seemed a bit nervous grin.

This morning I have had very slight aount of CM. Although the last couple of days I have been in a foul mood and quite snappy. knowing my luck the app is way off and AF will probably arrive!

BNmum Fri 21-Jun-13 21:26:13

I've found that I can get pmt symptoms around ovulation but just thought I must in general be a moody cow, I'm so pleased to hear its not just me grin

My DH specifically asked me not to tell him when I'm in my fertile window as he didn't like the thought of getting performance anxiety. Its a dead give away anyway as I pull out the nice knickers and try my seductive charms on him but if it pleases him then so be it.

Good luck dimdom, it's an exciting time.

I'm still in 2ww, I feel like time has come to a standstill as its dragging on and on. I've managed to resist testing so far but think I may buy a test at the weekend if af doesn't arrive first.

Have a lovely weekend ladies x

CristaBell Sat 22-Jun-13 09:31:29

hello, how are you all? sorry l haven't been around for a while I felt a bit sad after a af got me last week.

Af gas gone now and today im on cycle day 8 and just waiting for some more opk to arrive.

Anyone testing soon?

sorry af got you mushi thanks

internationallove985 Sat 22-Jun-13 15:02:18

Hi everyone. Hope you're all well. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm in my 2ww. The witch aka as Aunt Flow, came on 7 June and left on the 12th with it now being 22cd does that mean it's my 2ww.
I saw my friend last night and he stayed over, it'll never seem right to call him my partner, don't know why. Anyway, we made love 3 times last night and twice this morning, well with it being my fetile window I had to make sure I made the most of things, and he was certainly not complaining(big smile)
Being very previous here but if I have conceived (well a bit of optimism never hurt anyone did it). It was day 14/15 of my cycle so it will probably be a boy, and also I think ovualtion occured the other day and if you concieve after ovualtion your more likely to concieve a boy. However I could have concieved Wednesday before ovulation and be more likely to have a girl. If I'm being completly honest I'd quite like a boy, but first of all I want a healthy bouncing baby. xxx
Oh and I nearly forgot. Well back Cristabell. Sorry A.F got you. Sending you and everyone else lots of baby dust. xxx

shoegal84 Sat 22-Jun-13 15:22:11

Well af finished on 3rd June so I'm now on cd22. No idea whether ive ovulated or not. according to the app, should be 5 days until af arrives (but that's based on a standard cycle of 28 days and I have no idea if that's accurate at the min). Will just wait a week or so and see what happens. If af doesn't arrive not sure when I should test add it could just be that my cycle is out of sync as it's my first 'proper' one for 13 years.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok. x

CristaBell Sun 23-Jun-13 10:45:13

international based on a 28 day cycle, you would of ovulated around the 21/06. Sounds like you've done lots of dtd at the right time and you would now be in your 2ww. I've calculated your BFP to be due on July 4th.

shoe good luck, I hope you cycles become normal again if you don't get a BFP this month.

I normally have 28day cycles but last month I ovulated on cd16 rather than cd14, I only know this because I was using the cb opk so I highly recommend these to you both.

blueamber Sun 23-Jun-13 11:50:12

International, the boy/girl thing is a myth! It's completely random smile.

Shoe gal, hope you're feeling better and don't have an infection. You cant be sure where you are in your cycle until AF arrives, but then that might not happen so perhaps test in a week or so? Remember though that it could take longer than a month for your first cycle to happen!

Well I am thoroughly confused. I was really happy when ov finally happened, but then this weekend I started bleeding. It only lasted a day. No idea what it could be 4 days after ov. I'm just guessing that it's because this cycle has been insanely long, it's been 7 weeks since I stopped the pill, which messed things up.

CristaBell Sun 23-Jun-13 12:31:59

blue is it possible that your one day of bleeding could of been implantation bleeding.

shoegal84 Sun 23-Jun-13 12:33:00

Thanks, not sure whether it was an infection or not. The need to pee alot and the slightly uncomfortable feeling lasted 2-3 days and has now gone back to normal. weird.

Will definitely be using ov strips next month, just felt it was a bit much to do it during cycle 1. feel as though I've learned a lot already and will be better prepared for next month's attempts. Although if af stays away, hopefully I won't need to. Pretty sure I'm not lucky enough for it to happen in first cycle though!

This thread is not accepting new messages.