TTC after MC - nice people in crap times, full of posifrickingtivity

(983 Posts)
WillSantaComeAgain Tue 02-Apr-13 13:49:18

Welcome aboard ladies (though obviously sorry you have to be here). We're a friendly bunch so come in and plump up a cushion for POAS Fridays and lots of posifrickingtivity. With a few (gentle) fish slaps thrown in for good measure.

Ruggle Fri 01-Nov-13 13:34:00

Hello

Wanted to share some positive news. Having had a mmc three months ago, I have just discovered I'm preganant again!
Fingers crossed that this bean will stick, and good luck to everyone who is trying!

x

Chattycat78 Sun 20-Oct-13 00:03:50

Hey Duvet- thanks! And sorry to hear about your mc too.
Yeah I ve got a cbfm too although weirdly I Did nt use it the month I got pregnant- I used cheapie sticks, so it makes me wonder what the most effective thing is....x

duvetheaven Fri 18-Oct-13 21:51:32

Hey chattycat - I am just coming to the end of a miscarriage now. Don't you worry about time running out - I am nearly 43 !! Hope we don't have to wait too long before those AF's so I can dust of the CBFM!! Good luck x

Chattycat78 Fri 18-Oct-13 10:32:30

Hi all,

Probably a bit soon for me to add this, but I thought I would make a start. I had an ERPC yesterday after 8 week scan showed an empty sacsad now I'm terrified it may never happen for us. I'm 34 and 35 at the end of the year so I'm running out of time! We d also started fertility investigations as it looks like I have low ovary reserve, and we'll now have to restart all of those again! honestly it's so cruel having it placed in front of u and then snatched away againsad Positive thoughts welcome! X

Emki Fri 03-May-13 16:02:10

ahhh thank you! I truely feel relieved its here - i've been in such a BAD mood!! Poor DH -

xxxxxx

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 03-May-13 14:52:05

There's a lot of good news here. Great positivity to the start of a long weekend!

Mummy hope this little bean is going to stick and grow for you.

Emki it's indeed good news that you body is getting back to normal and ready for some ttc!

Bakingtins Fri 03-May-13 13:24:36

Congrats Mummy! Be brave and come to the grads thread. I waited for ages last time and had to leave almost as soon as I had joined. I'll stay here too marking my place and in the nicest possible way hoping not to be back

Emki glad to hear your AF is finally here - hope that's you back on track and that it's the last time she shows her ugly face.

Emki Fri 03-May-13 13:03:54

Finally after more than 10 weeks AF has arrived! This the last time I will be happy to see it .... Feel I can start to move forward now!

Whoopie!!! Here's to bfp forvall this month and sticky beans to all those who got bfp last cycle xxxxx

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 03-May-13 11:27:51

I have started a new thread before this one fills up. here

Thanks ladies - still so shocked!! I am feeling fine too no symptoms other than lack of AF and feeling a bit sick. I'm going to try and not obsess over symptoms as last time I did and got myself so worked up. I have phoned the midwife and she said to start taking baby aspirin and we have also told our parents - everyone's reaction has been quite happy but very cautious but I know it's just because the miscarriage is still quite raw - I honestly wasn't expecting to fall so soon.

Think I will stay here (if you will have me) for a bit before going over to the graduate thread.

Xxxx

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 03-May-13 10:50:47

Oh I'm sooo pleased Mummy. Congratulations. grin

WillSantaComeAgain Fri 03-May-13 10:25:15

Congrats mummy that's fantastic.

Come and join us on the grads thread when you're ready (it took me a few days) - same level of support and humour as here and lots of lovely familiar faces.

Wishing everyone lots more TTC luck over here - and hope to see you all within the month in grads. xx

Wow congrats mummy!!

Morning ladies

Sorry if I have been a bit elusive the last week - I have been trying not to get to excited as........I got a BFP this morning!!!!

Basically my ''AF' consisted of a couple of bits of pink spotting on tueaday and that's it - I waited and waited for it to kick in but it didn't and this morning I POAS and got a BFP!! I think I am due early January but trying not to get to excited as the miscarriage was only 3 months ago. I didn't mention anything in here as I was just so confused and trying to be chilled about it!

I'm staying put on this thread for a bit if that's okay xxx

Morning all.

Congratulations kat! This is brilliant news. Of course it is a worrying time but take one day at a time...it's the only way forward.

Welcome NC. It sounds like your doctor is an idiot and you need to change GPs! Also sounds like you need to keep testing over the next week or so and see if the lines get fainter or stronger to answer your question.

Hooray liesl, bet it's a relief she's here, and may that be her last visit for a good while.

<waves at everyone else>

CamomileHoneyVanilla Fri 03-May-13 07:22:22

Is anyone poas today? Fingers crossed for anyone who is.

Very excited about the fact that its Friday, particularly as its a long weekend and its sunny.

Congrats to Kat and Tins. Wishing you happy healthy pregnancies. Xx

Lieslvontrapp Fri 03-May-13 06:59:46

Congrats to kat and tins for bfps this week. Good luck to anyone poas this morning. Also congrats thunder for the drop in levels.

My positive news is finally got 2nd af after a 57 day cycle. Which is an improvement on 69 days. Hoping it's going to be much closer to 38 this month. Glad I've purchased the cbfm to start tracking if im actually ovulating.

Here's to us all getting bfps in may!

namechange917381 Fri 03-May-13 00:40:00

Thanks saggy. smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 03-May-13 00:28:38

Oh, and change your GP!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Fri 03-May-13 00:27:45

I think your GP sounds like a heartless twat!
20mIU isnt extremely sensitive. You can get tests that can detect 10 mIU. It is fairly sensitive though. I still reckon 5dpo is way to early.
IMO, the test your GP did may have been less sensitive than yours, meaning She got a BFN but you didnt.
I have a head full of useless information, but Im fairly certain I read somewhere that it can take as long for hormone levels to go down as it did for them to go up. So if you were 5 weeks PG it might take 5 weeks for hCG to disappear.
If you have any more of those Ebay tests, keep doing them as I suggested and see what happens.

namechange917381 Fri 03-May-13 00:05:31

No saggy, she just did the urine test and basically told me that as it showed BFP there was no proof I'd ever been PG. i guess the 3 HPT I did don't count. hmm

That's what I thought as well, testing way too early. FWIW they are 20mIU (whatever that means!) and they say it's possible to get a faint BFP 3-4 days after conception - not sure how true that is of course. Link... www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140293643670?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 02-May-13 23:54:43

If you DTD on the 28/29 that is only a few days ago. AFAIK its not likely that you would get a BFP so soon after conception. It can take a few days for implantation to occur, and you dont start producing HCG until then.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Thu 02-May-13 23:49:38

Name Did your GP not do Beta hCG blood tests to check your hormone levels?
If I was you, I would get down to the nearest pound shop or ebay express delivery, and grab a bunch of cheapy test sticks. Then do one every couple of days. The line should get fainter over time as your post MC hormone levels fade, then eventually you will get a BFN. If the line gets stronger over time, then your hormone levels are rising and you could well be PG again.

namechange917381 Thu 02-May-13 23:15:55

Sal that charity event sounds lovely, how did you come about getting involved in that?

namechange917381 Thu 02-May-13 23:14:48

Also, my GP is very abrupt and uncaring so I don't want to keep contacting her about it. She could hardly be bothered with me last time I went down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now