Excellent (or should that be eggcellent?) egg buddies! Anyone having IVF/ICSI in April/May/June 2013 come and join us!

(1000 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 15:35:07

We've almost filled the second thread so here is a new one, so we can carry on chatting! Threads #1 and #2 saw some stunning successes and some sad outcomes. We'll have more of the former and less of the latter on thread #3 please!

All comers welcome. I found it very useful to be with people going through the same thing when I did my first cycle, so if you would like to join us, please come on in!

buzzybee123 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:49:00

crisps I don't have my glasses on so I read 'I could do with a recap' as I could do with a crap grin Yay to feeling pukey

jewcy will they let you put 3 back?? I'm going for two and hoping we'll have something freeze

buzzy 40 DH 39, two miscarriages in 2011, diagnosed with high NK Cells, 4 times SO, IUI with SO, DE IVF at Reprofit on the 6th May

EuroShaggleton Tue 30-Apr-13 22:22:30

I'm 37, Mr Euro is 38. Unexplained, although NK cells were borderline high. Tried 6 months of prednisolone, 3xSO, 2xnatural IUI, 1 cancelled conventional IVF cycle due to bad reaction to downregging, first ever BFP from first natural IVF cycle. Trying again in May/June.

crisps I'm glad you have strong symptoms, even if they are not pleasant right now. That must be a comfort.

Jewcy Tue 30-Apr-13 22:33:20

Yes, buzzy, they will transfer three if you're over 40.

EuroShaggleton Tue 30-Apr-13 22:59:02

jewcy I was thinking about AMH levels after our exchange earlier, and came across these links:

www.fertilicare.org/forum/showthread.php?244-Infertility-Blood-Tests (Maritza's post has the useful info)

And I find this one really interesting:
www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/information-for-gps/amh-explained.aspx
So my level of 12 at 35/36 was just below average. Your level looks bang on average for your age.

buzzybee123 Tue 30-Apr-13 23:07:22

jewcy I am surprised with that as multiple pregnancy are high risk, I thought they were not keen on more than 2

twinklestar2 Tue 30-Apr-13 23:09:13

Me and husband 34, ttc 22 months, next appt 22nd March.

Currently on cd34 and no sign of AF although had BFN last Saturday. It's not unusual for my cycle to be irregular. They're usually around 30-35 days.

buzzybee123 Tue 30-Apr-13 23:09:42

euro thanks for the links, interesting read

Jewcy Wed 01-May-13 18:02:22

Thanks, euro.

I'm fucking sick of waiting for this IVF to start even though I only decided upon this course of action, like, two weeks ago

AM. I. GOING. TO. HAVE. A . BABY. OR. NOT??

Jewcy Wed 01-May-13 18:03:10

...can you tell my period's due tomorrow?

Jewcy Wed 01-May-13 19:39:36

...ha! A day early...

putthecrispsDOWN Wed 01-May-13 21:11:50

Thanks ladies, am now up to speed. I think we're all due a change of luck and some reward for our efforts!

jewcy welcome to the rage club! The w a i t i n g is endless and horrific isn't it.
euro you are the Oracle of fertility! Very interesting information...
twinkle will do an AF dance for you although that sounds quite grim now I've typed it, sorry
buzzy that is FIVE days away eeeeeeeeeeeekexciting!

Sickness still here but quite glad of it, otherwise I don't feel any different. I just want to be waddling around with every symptom going already as I don't feel pregnant at all. Rang my clinic today to tell the, about the BFP and the nurse said to ring my GP...I said I thought that was too soon...so she told me that I WAS pregnant and I WAS going to have a baby and then laughed and said every IVF success is always in denial for the forest few months. Quite nice to know we're all mentallers.

Told my boss about being pg today as she cornered me. She took it quite well considering I've just had a massive promotion and will now be off on a very well paid mat leave fingers crossed. She then said something along the lines of 'see, you thought you wouldn't have children and now you'll have two, I always knew it would all be ok'. Nearly replied 'no, I wasn't making it up when five doctors told me that my body doesn't work properly and actually my daughter and this pregnancy is a result of eight years and thirty grands worth of ivf, six operations, acupuncture and a seriously positive attitude which is needed to put up with fucktards like you'.

None of us deserve this more than the rest of us, we would all be incredible parents, and there arent any guarantees of reward for hard work or long service, that's why this is so difficult. I feel like one of the lucky ones at the moment but it makes me angry that people think you get children when you have earned them. If that was true, why are so many wonderful people childless and so many idiots in possession of hundreds of kids that they don't look after properly? Grr.

... So maybe I should add rage to my symptoms? blush

twinklestar2 Wed 01-May-13 22:42:42

Thanks crisps but AF arrived this morning. Coming into month 23 I think now. Cue massive meltdown and crying. Feel like such a failure.

buzzybee123 Wed 01-May-13 22:50:01

twinkle sorry about bfn perhaps last Saturday was a too early to test

jewcy that is quick, my clinic has a waiting list of 4-6 months

crisp I hate it when people make those patronising comments hmm some people just dont think before they speak

well my cat care has been sorted, now just to organise myself . .

buzzybee123 Wed 01-May-13 22:51:48

x post twinkle so sorry big hugs

twinklestar2 Wed 01-May-13 22:52:00

Buzzy AF arrived this morning.

twinklestar2 Wed 01-May-13 22:52:14

Thx buzzy x

buzzybee123 Wed 01-May-13 22:53:56

its shit isn't it, are you doing IVF on the NHS

twinklestar2 Thu 02-May-13 09:21:25

Yes we are - if it comes to that. Got our next appointment on the 22nd May to see if OH'S morphology has improved after giving up drinking for 3 months.

Jewcy Thu 02-May-13 10:42:39

Twinks, I would feel shit after 23 months, too. I promise you will feel a whole lot better when your IVF is in sight (or whatever assistance you choose). Two years is a torturous length of time to suffer all those unwelcome periods. You've gone through the worst bit, now look forward to handing your fertility over to the Big Guns. I am sending a fuck-off big bear hug, love.

buzzy, there is no waiting list at ReproG as it's only in its infancy (est 2010, I think). There can't be many couples who trust it yet.

My period arrived last night so my mock cycle drugs begin on Sunday. I emailed my coordinator last night my period news and this morning I awoke to a full schedule including drug regime, scans etc. Brilliant.

twinklestar2 Thu 02-May-13 10:47:11

Thx jewcy, that's very kind of you. I'm taking all hugs I can get at the moment. Swing between feeling really low and then pulling my socks up and thinking this isn't going to beat me!

Jewcy Thu 02-May-13 11:51:09

Twink, it's the not knowing from month-to-month and then that blanket of despair when the fucking period arrives. We all know how you feel, but two years is especially bleak and you've been unknowingly strong in all that time. I'm too ancient for NHS IVF but I hope you make the decision soon to hand all this shit over to the experts. Don't wait any longer than you have to and don't pin all your hopes on your husband;s sperm being great. Expect the worst and get ready to plan.You're not a failure X

EuroShaggleton Thu 02-May-13 12:20:48

Not long now buzz!

crisps I think I had quite a short fuse in early prenancy. And I didn't even have people telling me stupid patronising crap to trigger it...

jewcy that sounds very efficiant.

Sorry about AF twink. I'm hoping mine holds off until after my mini break. And then we will be starting again. Blimey.

Nokkie73 Thu 02-May-13 13:23:53

Hi y'all

buzz ttc for four and a half years. MC in July 2009. First ivf attempt in March 2o13 (self funding). Me 39, 'im indoors 41. In for a hysteroscopy on 7th May. Hopefully go again in July (if I haven't gone mad or bankrupt by then).

twinks sorry about your bfn luv. But, and listen to me...YOU ARE NOT A fAILURE. Capiche ? We will have none of that talk around here. We all feel like this from time to time but we should block it out of our minds. You're strong and brave and trying to do something about all of this so that makes you just the opposite, in my book. Have a hug. Xx

jewcy well, would you bloody well believe it ?! So, you start taking the drugs on Sunday then ? Omg. What do you start with ?

crisps who is this idiot ? Mystic fucking Meg ? She deserves a poke in the eye and a Chinese burn for saying such stupid things. Yes, do add rage to your list of symptoms, especially when you meet fuckwits like that utter nork.

euro you are going to go again soon. How fucking exciting is that ?!!

I have a two hour meeting this afternoon. Ffs, I need that like a dose of piles.

Nx

EuroShaggleton Thu 02-May-13 13:48:38

It's starting to feel like it's soon, noks. Af is due next week, so then I'll be calling the clinic to book in my first scan. Let's hope my post-mc ovaries play ball.

BTW, you have an awesome turn of phrase. smile

Jewcy Thu 02-May-13 15:48:04

Yeah, Nokita, here's my schedule: I start the Cyclo-progynova on Sunday; from the 18th I start shoving progesterone capsules up my clunge twice a day (nice); 17th May I have an ultrasound scan to check thickness of uterus lining; 26th transfer cycle begins and I have another ultrasound scan (to check for cysts etc) and 'probing of the cervix'; 12th June is EC and 17th is transfer!

The exact dates of EC and embryo ET will be scheduled after the second scan of follicle sizes of the donor.

This thread is not accepting new messages.