Ladies this way please-an experiment! Light hearted

(174 Posts)

So on my profile (hopefully) there is a picture of the famous fertility statues. They are currently on display at ripleys believe it or not in Orlando. In September 2008 I touched these statues and then conceived in my third month of trying in 2009. I had been trying for 9 months to Conceive dc2 when I saw something about the statues and saved a photo of them to my ipad. I dutifully touched the photo a couple of times and now in the tenth month of trying I am pregnant!
Now I know its probably a load of bull and it was probably just my time to get pregnant but anyone want to give it a go and report back on this thread? Would be interesting not very scientific at all experiment.
Let me know if the photo isn't there but hopefully it is on my profile.

ScarlettInSpace Mon 22-Apr-13 11:23:12

I got AF yesterday so I haven't helped your theory sorry grin

but I am a lost cause

sarlat Mon 22-Apr-13 22:28:50

I rubbed the photo and got a bfp last week, 3 years of ttc.

Sarlat! No way! Im So so pleased for you. Really? Oh my god, if I wasn't feeling so sick I would do a happy dance for you grin it told you it works!

Scarlett don't give up! Rub them again!

Tinkerbellefairy Tue 23-Apr-13 19:03:42

Haha love the eggsperiment going on and clearly results prove the credibility! Have had a rub and now very hopeful this is my month. Will find out on may 4th and let you know!

twinklestar2 Tue 23-Apr-13 22:52:48

OMG sarlatt, many many congratulations!

TwoMs Mon 29-Apr-13 21:53:47

I rubbed the fertility statues picture on CD1 of this my 21st month TTC and today on CD30 I have my BFP!

Can't quite believe it but did a test this evening so not even FMU grin

Thank you QuietNinjaTardis thanks

twinklestar2 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:01:36

Bloody Nora, congrats TwoMs!

Ok, I'm convinced. I've just been and had a good rub. Does it count if you rub on a smartphone and the photo zooms in and out as you do so?!
Will report back when my bfp arrives, cycle 17 and counting... wink

PistachioTruffle Mon 29-Apr-13 23:06:37

Congratulations twoMs and sarlat!

I am totally up for this one. Got a few weeks to go but here's hoping!

Congrats twoms! <does happy dance>
And yes barkingtreefrog it counts!
How many bfp so far?

Ok so me bfp after 10 months of trying
Pistachiotruffle 7 months of trying
The person on my antenatal thread who's name I've forgotten baby brain
Sarlat 3 years of trying
TwoMs 21 months of trying

Think that's everyone. I think that's pretty good so far. Anyone who it doesn't work the first time keep trying.
Keeping my fingers crossed for all those still waiting to find out.

MilesFlora Tue 30-Apr-13 10:13:21

Gave it a little rub grin

twinklestar2 Wed 01-May-13 18:50:36

It didn't work for me sad

Fairypants Wed 01-May-13 19:38:30

Ok, gave it a rub! Currently on cd1 so we shall have to wait and see.

Tigglettchic Wed 01-May-13 21:27:54

I have touched it and rubbed it (was not sure which was the better bet) will let you all know what happened, however, I have laughed so much I may have lost all hope of PFMs staying intact!!!

Here's hoping!

Try again twinklestar, when I touched the actual statues in America before we conceived ds it took 3 months of trying.
grin at tigglettchic.

twinklestar2 Wed 01-May-13 22:36:58

I touched it and got hub to touch it too. Willing to try anything after all this time.

gillywillywoo Thu 02-May-13 11:35:18

Hasn't worked for me... It's just given me a really long cycle! grin

Since coming off the pill in December my cycles were 29, 31 then 30 days.

Currently on day 38!!!!!!! No BFP though.

RedRobin1 Sun 05-May-13 19:50:06

It worked for me! I rubbed the picture everyday this month and I just got my bfp today after nearly a year of ttc.

hopefulgum Mon 06-May-13 09:41:14

Oh Wow! It's been three long years and three miscarriages and I am ancient, so I am going to rub the pic every day!

Woohoo red robin! Yay. Congratulations x

sazzababs Mon 06-May-13 16:47:41

Lol, loving this!
I did rub them and did get a positive but it didn't stick :/ I'd say it counts hahahaha :D Rubs furiously for new cycle :D

Oh sazzabobs I'm sorry you didn't have a sticky one. Fingers crossed for next time for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now