Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 5

(315 Posts)

Hoping the new thread brings a plethora of BFPs and lots of healthy arrivals!

buzzybeetop Fri 03-May-13 14:59:31

HJ I was like that when pregnant with ds and hadn't had any miscarriages at that point. I bought hardly anything before I was on maternity leave! I just couldn't believe I was really going to have a baby!

Congrats Redbird glad you had a good scan. Boys are great! I'm convinced I'm having another one partly because I think the sonographer let it slip accidentally! I got an appointment for another scan through yesterday which made me panic a bit. After much confusion when I rang antenatal they eventually found the sonographer that had scanned me and she remembered she'd booked me in for an extra one for reassurance due to my previous miscarriages and because there is still a bleed outside the sac. Glad to be so well looked after but not very reassuring when she didn't bother telling me!

Dorita don't worry about movements. It is true what they say about feeling them much earlier with second baby. I didn't feel them until really late with ds. Also think it's probably the position of your placenta.

Glad all going well Daisy.

oo00PIXIE00oo Fri 03-May-13 18:29:39

Evening ladies ..... Hi mrshp I'm still hanging in there with you - AF came and went this week [bitch] though her visits seem to be getting shorter ( only 2 days this month) so back to counting the days. Pretty much think its the end of the line for us sad 3 consec mc's and I'm 43 soon!

Wedding preparations are kicking in but am still having my weepy moments - lets hope the cheery weather stays to brighten the mood!

Have a fab long weekend all xx

Jollyb Fri 03-May-13 20:25:02

Evening all

Daisyflower think I've worked out who you are. . . . Glad everything is going ok for you too. Hope number 2 makes a swift and drama free arrival.

redbird many, many congrats on your scan.

pixie it's ok feel weepy. We're all here to listen. We're pretty good at wedding advice toogrin. Ps there is a lady in my antenatal Pilates group who is 45 and 6 months pregnant after several miscarriages so fingers crossed all will work out for you.

beans I bought a babygro in the sales a few days ago but then told my sister off when she brought round 2 bags of newborn clothes for me.

Have a good weekend everyone

Dorita75 Sun 05-May-13 06:45:50

Love the stories daisy beans redbird etc I truly believe what I read at the time of my mc, that it is common and even more so to go on and have a normal pregnancy. Before Christmas my friend told me about a 38yr old in her work who'd had one and was then pregnant, now that's me. Didn't think it would be then. hp and pixie you're doing everything you can and we're all here rooting for you smile and other ladies on here too x

Jollyb Mon 13-May-13 20:38:16

All ok everyone?

oo00PIXIE00oo Mon 13-May-13 20:43:56

Is everyone ok? I never seen this page so quiet? x

Dorita75 Mon 13-May-13 21:28:33

I'm on the Sept thread so using that for my baby related discussions, so not on here as much. I keep en eye on it to see how everyone's doing and if anyone has any mc questions etc...

Hope everyone is okay smile

Jollyb Tue 14-May-13 08:40:48

Dorita - I still haven't joined an antenatal thread. Too superstitious!

LCR77 Tue 14-May-13 10:11:50

Ditto - been wondering where everyone has gone. Like dorita also on the Sept antenatal thread but keep checking in here. Jollyb give an antenatal thread a go, lots of useful info and advice.

I'd like to think that the quietness means everyone is ok but that anyone struggling should know everyone's here to listen if needs be.

I'm still a bit shocked I'm 23 weeks now - not really any movement yet from her and keep thinking something may still go wrong...Until she's in my arms I don't that feeling is going to stop.

HJBeans Tue 14-May-13 19:49:08

I'm still here, but not much to report outside of getting bigger and all going well as far as anyone can tell. Have also not joined an antenatal thread - far too superstitious and feels too late to hop on board for July.

Irrational dread far less bothersome now that he's moving around loads, but still thinking more about rare late pregnancy / birth complications than I think I would have done without the mcs. Can't imagine how awful it would be to lose him now, so try not to think this way at all - but find it does keep me from feeling comfortable with usual antenatal excitement.

How's everyone else?

Hello you lot! I am focusing on my job at the mo, still checking in, but trying not to obsess any more... hmmm..... we shall see!

I am so excited about all your babies, please do feel free to post on here if you ever want to, it gives me hope!

Redbird12 Thu 16-May-13 21:40:40

Hi All

I am doing ok, like jolly and beans been too paranoid to join an antenatal thread though have looked at Sept thread occasionally, if it's not too late, may join you on it dorita and lcr.

Lcr totally know what you mean about movement, I am 22 weeks and havent felt much at all which sometimes still makes me think this isn't real and actually happening. But the 20 week scan showed the placenta was low and at the front so assume it is cushioning me from much movement.

Hi as well to pixie and mrshp, hope job and wedding stuff is going ok and you're not stressing too much about TTC.

Off to Centerparcs tomorrow with some friends, weather doesn't look great but looking forward to a mother to be massage and some relaxing.

Dorita75 Thu 16-May-13 22:21:19

Glad everyone seems to be doing ok. redbird I've got the low laying placenta too. Another scan at 32wks, you too?

Off to Wales for my sis-in-law to be's hen party tomorrow. Can't wait, really lovely group of girls and Eurovision!

Jollyb Fri 17-May-13 08:13:23

Have fun on your weekends away girls. We're off to Bournemouth to visit friends. Last time we saw them it was a week after my last MC so this should be a happier experience.

I had an anterior placenta with my daughter - wasn't convinced about movements til 24 weeks , so don't fret too much.

Can't believe I'm nearly 30 weeks. Seem to have hit a bit of a wall over the past few days - can't get comfy at all. At least I've only got 9 weeks til my section - I went to 42 weeks with DD and it felt like forever.

Pixie and Mrs HP - hope everything's ok. Maybe a wedding night baby is on the cards for you Pixie!

HJBeans Fri 17-May-13 08:39:40

Hear you about hitting a wall, jolly. Having not got this far before, I never know what to expect and was surprised and a bit dismayed at massive growth spurt the last few weeks and ever increasing exhaustion and discomfort with 2.5 months to go!

My friend who is several weeks ahead of me says she's feeling much better than she did last month - so keeping fingers crossed. Have a very heavy travel load for work coming up in June but just want to take to bed -with all the pillows in the house- until the baby arrives..

Jollyb Fri 17-May-13 22:18:48

My friend who's 39 weeks said exactly the same thing Beans. I feel like there's just been a huge spurt and my insides need to stretch to get used to this massive lump sitting there.

Jollyb Tue 28-May-13 17:41:01

Any news?

Mrs HP and pixie how are you both doing?

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 28-May-13 19:56:55

Hi everyone, I was on this thread last year after a mmc and ectopic pg, i also dipped in and out in this pg when I was off work with pneumonia. If anyone remembers me, i just wanted to let you know that mini tas was born last week, 12 days late- he almost shot out in the corridor outside the delivery room after a lovely calm labour, in contrast with most of the pg which was not all that calm! Thanks to everyone who listened to me moan and fret. I was in a very dark place after the ectopic pg and I never thought I would get pg again, let alone have a baby. Hope this gives you hope if you are ttc or having a rough pg .

tasmaniandevilchaser Tue 28-May-13 19:58:54

Sorry not to name check everyone but I have lost track of who is around, but congrats to all those pg and hope the rest of you are lucky soon, need to get off MN now and eat cake!

tasmainian. CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks for sharing, it is always lovely to hear good news and have hope!

jolly nothing much doing here, I am trying to lose a bit of weight before taking things further with conception support, and trying to pretend I don't care a bit!!! At the start of one of my looooooooong 2ww's!

HJBeans Wed 29-May-13 07:20:49

Aw, wonderful news, tas - so many congratulations and thanks for sharing the good news here. smile

No news to speak of here - all still seems as it should be at 31 weeks and this weekend we've planned to Buy Some Things. All getting to seem very real...

Good luck on your 2 weeks, mrsHP, and hope everyone else is well.

Jollyb Wed 29-May-13 15:16:55

Many Congratulations Tas - I remember you well from my early days on this thread.

31 weeks here - feeling more comfortable I think she may have dropped. Beginning to buy some bits and pieces too. Only 4 more weeks of work hurrah. . . .

Mrs HP - keep up the good workwink

Dorita75 Wed 29-May-13 16:37:58

I remember you Tas, congratulations!! You did it!!

Good luck Mrshp x

Enjoy shopping jolly and beans...

I'm 25wks this wkend and feeling kicks now, things are so different from a year ago smile

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 30-May-13 14:15:29

hi jolly, hj and dorita, so pleased to "see" you all with growing bumps, I remember you getting your BFPs, I'm very excited for you all. Mrs HP hope you get your BFP soon, good luck with this 2ww

oo00PIXIE00oo Thu 13-Jun-13 21:00:22

Where is everyone?!? I have never seen this thread sooooo quiet!

No news on my front we have been purposefully missing the 'best' days over the last couple of months as the wedding is in six weeks. After my last three pgs ending in MC or MMCs between 6/12 weeks we didn't think the stress of the wedding would help sad we will defo be 'jumping back n the saddle' as soon as possible blush

Hope everyone is ok jolly mrshp??- though I have been absent - the happy stories do make me sad at times - thats very selfish of me I know - I do still like keeping up to date with everyone!

Hope to read all your updates soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now