Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

Rumours Thu 21-Mar-13 18:42:16

Hiya, mrskate how're you doing today?

Ds2 has made a full recovery, he's back to his monkey self smile

4everhopeful Thu 21-Mar-13 18:49:36

Mrskate how you holding up my lovely? Take one day at a time, and go really easy on yourself, no need to try and act normal, just cuddle up with Jack on the sofa, cry when you need to, and post on here lots... Are you still cramping & bleeding? In someways, I feel it helps once the physical side has passed....

Rumours how are you doing now? Any more reviews, plans? Hope you're hanging in there?

Sabs been thinking about you too with the return to work and everything.. Know its hard when things are meant to return to 'normal' but your hearts still grieving... Was wondering if you've been offered, and are planning to have the whooping cough jab at 28wks? Have you brought much stuff? I have been on a bit of a spendathon that we can't really afford I must confess! smile

Moon yay! They really are fantastic odds! smile Another milestone down! Mine were similar to mls, in fact a bit lower at 1 in 247, and I was thrilled with that at the grand age of 38, so you really have great odds at 1 in 1500! grin So, Dh is persuaded re the flavour eh?! wink How exciting! When is your anomaly scan? You must be 14/15wks now? Not long til you find out! Exciting! smile

Cupcake yes, still in the land of cotton wool thanks for asking! Magic 'viable' 24wks on monday! grin

Been crazily busy, organised a fantastic surprise party for my mums 80th on saturday, family from afar all made it, and was brill, months in the planning though, almost became an obsession, but a fab distraction for me too! smile Also, babys room all prepped and Dh and Fil papering on sun and carpet next wk, and my beautiful big girl is all settled sleeping in her own room! smile Was really wierd for me to begin with, but she was fine bless her! smile <proud> So, not much time for weebling, consultant on weds, feel like before I know it Ill be thinking about packing my bag! Really is flying, looking forward to taking it a bit easier again soon, I'm absolutely huge already!

Mls hope you and the Dc's are all recovered now?

Neeko just realised your Dd2 3rd birthday is anytime now?! Please remind us when? What you got planned? smile Am already thinking about Summers!

Lbm you've been quiet!

Curly lovely to see you posting again lots, especially with your kind words and warmth, bless you....

Blue another lady with all the right words, you've been a bit quiet too? Hope all is well?

Right, well, that was overdue! Big waves to you all and hugs and mini eggs to them that need them! wink

4everhopeful Thu 21-Mar-13 18:52:50

X post rumours! Hooray to Ds2 back to health and monkeyness! smile

MrsKate Thu 21-Mar-13 21:32:23

Hi girls

Yeah 4ever im still bleeding have terrible cramps/ backache it took 3 weeks of bleeding and a d+c with first one just hope this one isnt the same confused

CurlyLikesShortShorts Fri 22-Mar-13 10:24:22

Just came on to give mrskate a big squeeze. I hope the physical side of things won't go on as long this time hon. It's hard enough grieving sad Have you anything planned for this weekend? I know you probably don't want to do anything but stick your head under the covers and cry but it might help xxxx

Great to hear ds2 is back to his old self rumours smile

Big waves to 4ever I am picturing you running around in a mad flurry - and looking fab of course wink

cupcake I'm glad I'm not the only one who vacuums up my kids chocolate wink

moon very exciting that you will find out the gender. Moongirl or moonboy?!!

evening ladies Sorry that I've been AWOL but things have been busier than usual and tbh, I haven't been having much fun.All work and no dcs is not making me a happy lady

can' write much as on tablet and writing is not easy.

but - mrskate so sorry to hear your news. life is crap sometimes hope that you are feeling a bit better physically and are able to enjoy your lovely boy.

moon doesn't really mater is it's moon boy or moon girl does it? it will be moon baby and that is all that matters. hope you are able to enjoy your pregnancy now.

love to everyone else - will post more soon. enjoying earth hour tonight - still haven't turned the lights back on aS we are enjoyinfg the fire and candles.

cupcakefairy Sun 24-Mar-13 08:22:39

Morning ladies.
Another big squeeze to mrsk hope you're bearing up. Keep the chocolate supplies high in the house!!

4ever glad you're ok and getting excited spending money! smile it so won't be long now you're over halfway there..what's your actual due date? congrats on pulling off the surprise party too! I did my sister's hen all as a surprise & it's quite stressful keeping so many secrets! Bet your mum loved it! Btw I think neeko's dd2 is 29th march. We're thinking about the dc's birthdays too, thinking a trip to howlett's zoo in Kent as ds1 absolutely loved Bristol zoo & talks about animals constantly! What will you do?

moon that's fab dh is probably convinced about finding out the flavour.. I can't wait to hear! And bless him, SO sweet he keeps googling things! He will clearly be an amazing daddy.

Hello busy lbm hope things calm down a bit for you now!

Hello curly, sabs, rumoura, mls and all smile
We have a good layer of snow on the ground.. this weekend last year ds1 was in shorts & sunhat.. madness.

4everhopeful Sun 24-Mar-13 12:20:38

Morning everyone smile one week today we'll all be up to our eyes in easter eggs - yum yum!

Mrskate hugs to you my lovely... one day at a time...

Lbm thought you must of been superbusy... earth hour sounds very chilled and organic though smile

Cupcake yes, def a bit stressful all the secret organising of mums birthday but worth it to see her face! Been exhausted ever since! Edd is July 15th, eek! Dh & Fil are wallpapering as we speak... exciting! How mad you are contemplating a trip to the zoo for DCs birthday! We're also looking into taking Summer to London zoo while she's under 3 & still free! Will probably need to take her passport to prove it! smile Though also planning a Minnie mouse themed party at home, she's into Mickey mouse clubhouse bigtime, that and Jake and the Neverland pirates.. hmm smile She is so hilarious at the moment, current catchphrases influenced by her latest in thing is 'we're doomed!' in the most dramatic of voices whilst shrieking with fake terror and laughter, & when trying to put her trousers on the other day she was running away shrieking 'never!' grin

BTW so with you on this weather! Where is spring?!?! confused

Rumours Sun 24-Mar-13 13:31:19

lbm well done on doing earth hour, we were meant to. Ds1 heard about it at school an insisted we do it to save the planet, then he went to bed and I watched casualty <oops>. He asked me this morning if we did it, and is now insisting we do it tonight smile

moonmrs Sun 24-Mar-13 13:34:51

Hello girls,

Big hugs for mrskate come and let us know how you're doing, thinking of you.

lbm no I do not mind in the slightest if its a boy or a girl - it sounds like a cliché and when people at work said this I used to think you do really care you must have a preference - but truly, as long as he/she is healthy then that's more than I could ask for. The main reason we want to know the sex really is to help with names, as for clothes and decorating we'd still go for neutral colours anyway. We seem to have some girls names we agree on but not boys!

Well done 4ever on the surprise party, bet your mum loved it smile also lovely to hear you getting everything ready for the new arrival, its so exciting, I cant wait til we get to that stage. July isn't far off, its nearly April now!

cupcake dh does make me laugh, he comes out with the funniest things, and keeps pointing out new observations such as... did you know, your boobs look really small, I went hmm as I had e cups before pregnancy, well he says, your belly is so big is makes them look small.... and he carries on with whatever he was doing! We have our 15 week appointment with the midwife on Tuesday, and he keeps saying I cant wait to hear the heartbeat. He's started cuddling my belly in bed now, he didn't do that til we'd had the successful scan.

Waves to mls curly neeko rumours sabs and blue and anyone else I may have missed.

Off to get dh to rid my car of snow, we had over 7 inches with drifts in some parts, but the sun is melting it all now and the roads are clear, so looks like I will have to go to work after all, booooo.

Anyone else having trouble with previewing a message these days, I don't seem to be able to anymore....

Really going now.

4everhopeful Mon 25-Mar-13 08:41:33

Big milestone for me today smile 24 weeks - officially 'viable'! smile

MrsKate Mon 25-Mar-13 11:39:10

Yeah 4ever thats great smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

cupcakefairy Mon 25-Mar-13 13:06:49

Yiiipppeeee 4ever so if baby comes now (god forbid) docs would fight for him. You're one step closer to your baby boy, SO excited for you!!

Just dashing through, off to library..more massive hugs for mrsk and ( . )( . ) for moon grin

moonmrs Mon 25-Mar-13 21:29:08

Yay 4ever so exciting, so happy for you that you've reached the longed for milestone, not long to go now smile

CurlyLikesShortShorts Mon 25-Mar-13 22:22:18

Wonderful news 4ever another sigh of relief along the way smile

Waves to all. Anyone fancy a cuppa brew

I'm thinking of you mrskate. Let us know how you are doing lovely xxx

Neeko Tue 26-Mar-13 13:20:57

Hi everyone.

Mrskate How are you? I've been thinking about you a lot. I hope the physical side of things is easing off now to allow you time to grieve. I think it's hard to deal with both. Take care.

Sabs Also been thinking of you. Hope the return to work hasn't been as bad as anticipated.
How are you keeping physically? What's S saying about being a big sister and when do you stop for maternity leave?

4ever Yay to being viable! I remember getting to that stage with DD2 and buying everyone at work cakes. They were all a bit hmm about my reasoning, but ate the cakes!
Loving all the preparations for your DS and the description of your mum's party.

Cupcake Totally with you on the weather and on eating the kids' chocolate . So fed up with the cold, especially as it's playing havoc with all our skin.

Rumours Glad to hear your wee monkey is back to fighting fit. Do you have any plans for the holidays?

Blue How are you going? Is the new garden taking shape or is this rotten weather holding you back?

Moon still loving all the stories about how excited your DH is becoming. Such a special time for you both. Hope the boobs have been treated to a nice new maternity bra by now!

Things here have been particularly manic recently: work is insanely busy with final coursework due and exam preparation escalating; DH has had flu; the kids have had social calendars fit for society ladies, plus the usual family commitments and a few extra stresses besides. Totally counting down to the holidays on Thursday.
DD2's birthday is Friday. She's very excited but has only asked for a big girl car seat and a mermaid doll. She says she has plenty of toys and doesn't want anything else though we have got her a few wee bits and pieces including Stompeez slippers (and a pair for her sister).
I'm making a Peppa Pig cake at her insistence, so cross your fingers for me. We are having a family party on Friday and I'm doing a dinner buffet for 25 cos I'm an idiot. Fingers crossed it all goes ok and then my Easter holiday can begin!

Does anyone have any Easter plans? We've bought tickets to see Justin and friends. I'm quite excited blush

Big waves to Curly, LBM, MLS, Remindme and everyone else.

cupcakefairy Tue 26-Mar-13 14:33:36

Hi Neeko! yes my skin gets bad in the cold too...horribly chapped hands! <old lady> bring on some sun...apparently we're getting some in April hmm
How fab about Justin & Friends, I'd be excited too! Haha. We're just going to my parents' this weekend, we have a little hunt planned for ds1...a couple of chocolate bunnies but mostly stupidly expensive plastic animal toys as he's loving animals at the moment. My sis and her dh are also taking him for his first ever trip to the cinema! smile he's quite excited about 'the big tele in the dark' grin
Good luck with the birthday and buffet!! Do you have any Tana Ramsay cookbooks? She does some lovely finger food ideas...might be some online.

Anyway I might not get on again now before easter so will say happy easter to all, eat many many mini eggs.
XXX

MrsKate Tue 26-Mar-13 20:19:22

Hi everyone
Sorry not been on dh has been really ill and bed ridden so not had much time to post hmm

Im doing ok i thinkshock bleeding still quite heavy but cramps have eased a little . Just finding hard to believe I'm not pregnant anymore as still feel like i am (bloody boobs) sad finally put mat clothes back in loft today as got them down a week before started bleeding

Hi and big waves to everyone sorry feeling a bit sorry for my self today lol

Neeko Tue 26-Mar-13 20:50:10

Mrskate It's totally understandable to feel like that. The false hormonal symptoms were what I found hardest. Is there any hope at all? I know with mine there was clearly no heartbeat and no hope. Sorry, but don't really understand why the 2 week wait for the scan. [Sad]

CurlyLikesShortShorts Tue 26-Mar-13 22:46:17

Big hugs mrskate. So hard to be looking after poor dh when you should be looked after yourself. Bloody horrormones don't help sad stay strong, you are doing amazing xxx

4everhopeful Wed 27-Mar-13 07:25:06

My heart aches for you mrskate, I feel for you so much... sad Agree with curly its very hard going on you, on top of everything, when you should be the one lying in bed being looked after... I'm glad you have remindme in RL... xxxx

Neeko Wed 27-Mar-13 07:30:38

Cupcake Meant to also say so with you on the old lady hands. It's horrid. Sometimes go to bed with hands slathered in cream and white cotton gloves which DH finds hilarious!
Thanks for ideas for buffet. All sorted for this time but will def check it for another time says she who said never again!!

Hi to Curly & 4ever. Hope you're both well.

cupcakefairy Wed 27-Mar-13 09:56:16

Haha neeko I also do that.. I actually put nipple cream on the really cracked parts blush - it works a treat!! grin

mrsk hope dh is feeling better. sad about putting the clothes away again. Hugs x x x

Popping in with hugs for mrsKate. I feel so sad for you, especially when you said you had to put your mat clothes back in the loft. sad

I'm super-stressed. Packing to go to IOW on fri. Two sick children on antibiotics - dd2 a bad flare-up of impetigo again, ds an awful chest infection that is making him wheeze & howl in pain. On top of that I can barely bend my fingers with the eczema I have on them. If only we'd get some half decent weather....

Waves to all the lovely ladies.

4everhopeful Wed 27-Mar-13 23:12:31

Hugs again to mrsk...

Speedy recoveries and hopefully happy holidays to the poorly mlsfamily...

Waves to everyone, good consultant apt today though might have urine infection & be a bit anaemic hmm results in 48hrs, otherwise really good positive stuff... Always reassuring seeing the top dog wink

Just had to post OBEM left me in tears tonight, awful episode where a lovely couple lost their little boy, they were prepared to an extent, but harrowing watching.. sad Made worse by awful news that left me reeling today, fellow Londoners may of seen the news of a freak tragic accident where a gust of wind blew a buggy into the path of a van and the 3yr old girl died.. sad Just hearing that it was local and a young girl was horrible enough and too close to home, but one of my best friends called today and turns out Id met the mum & girl & Summer had played with her.. sad My friends DD and the girl that died have gone to nursery together since they were 9months, and the mum is a nursery worker, we've met a few times at my friends DDs birthday parties.. My friends in bits about it... Its just incomprehensible, I can't really take it in, I looked at my photos from the last party earlier and can't quite believe how cruel life can be, she was a real cutie and her, my friends DD and Summer just all look so innocent and happy playing... beggars belief... Sorry to bring a downer, debated even posting about it, just so shocking... Squeezing my precious girl very tight all evening and embracing my bump.... x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now