Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

CloudOfStarlings Sun 18-Aug-13 08:29:29

Haha 4ever definitely not a euphemism!! We literally spent the entire time reading, I even asked dh if I could bring my book down to breakfast (he said no) grin had such a lovely time though thanks.
So glad you're enjoying your 2 little monkeys!

neeko that is weird to think you'll be working ft til retirement now.. you never know you may get a chance to go pt again sometime in your career. FWIW I'm slightly envious as I have no structured career to return to after babies & will have to start over.. grass is always greener I guess.

moon you ok? Hope you're not in too much pain, 3rd trimester is hard!

shroom thinking of you too, and yes tell us about your holiday!

rumours I read that Guardian article, was great, and what a great campaign! Thanks for mentioning as I often miss stuff like that on mn. Which bit is your quote in??

Waves to bq and all lurkers.. where is blue?? Miss her.

Rumours Sun 18-Aug-13 13:10:52

Go onto special needs myths then myth 1, im in that part.

Back to school tuesday, though ds1 is having teeth out tomorrow under ga so he may not be back til wednesday bless him.

cake

4everhopeful Mon 19-Aug-13 02:58:03

Ah hah, am doing a night feed, found it rumours... smile What a very valid and interesting point, I'm sure that's got to be the case with so many things now too..... thank god for better diagnosis, and awareness now though.. That, and campaigns like this, are just so excellent at promoting awareness, and even better, understanding.. smile Well done you for getting your quote in! wink Good on MN smile

4everhopeful Mon 19-Aug-13 03:20:41

Oh, and poor DS! GA for teeth out!? shock Bet he's really nervous, and you too? Sure you have some treats lined up for when its done though eh? wink Good luck with it all, and the return to school too, can't believe you go back so early up there! Mind you, you break up earlier don't you? Been a great summer for them weather wise smile must help!

Shroomboom Tue 20-Aug-13 20:14:30

I'm afraid I haven't had time to catch up but I did see about your ds rumours, poor boy! Mind you, if you have to have teeth out it's a lot less traumatic to have a GA. I had teeth taken out when I was little, was awake and was scarred for life! Hope it's as easy as possible for him, and for you...

I just popped on quickly to say we've just had another scan (am 17+3) and all is well! Doctor said the baby seems happy and healthy, we can't quite believe it! I'm still on meds though, and not feeling great although am a million times better than I was.

Love to all and will try to pop back for a proper catch up soon xxx

CloudOfStarlings Tue 20-Aug-13 20:26:04

AMAZING news shroom! I bet you just never thought you'd be here again. I'm sooo happy for you smilesmile

Bit concerned moon is so quiet...I know the thread has been quiet though so prob to be expected but if you're out there lady, let us know you're ok!

moonmrs Tue 20-Aug-13 20:55:24

grin shroom wow that time seems to have flown by, although maybe not for you - congratulations! So happy for you!

cloud I am here, and sorry to everyone else who has been asking after me, I just don't seem to have any time atm. Work is so hectic, I am literally going to work, coming home, having my tea and not long before I go to bed, I am exhausted. But this is my last week so looking forward to being able to relax a bit and catch up on some sleep and do something nice for a change. Am 36 weeks today, saw the midwife this morning, everything's fine smile I promise to catch up properly once I have finished work.

moonmrs Tue 20-Aug-13 21:04:36

By way of apology, I've posted a pic of my bump! Dh loves taking the weekly bump pic grin

Rumours Wed 21-Aug-13 20:28:47

Wow moon bumpalicious grin, you look fab grin

shroom over 17 weeks already!!! that's great smile

Ds1 was great having his teeth out, really brave. I just kept the whole morning calm for him and he did so well.

blue where are you lovely? Hope youre ok

Laters lovelies smile

CloudOfStarlings Thu 22-Aug-13 09:01:37

moon 36 weeks?!! How did that happen! We need to start a sweepstake on you soon! Oooh so exciting! You look GORGEOUS! Hope you get some time to relax a bit once you've finished work.. I can recommend reading in the garden and long daytime naps, that's basically all I did just before ds1 was born & it was bliss! Is baby head down/engaged etc yet? Have you got a sort-of birth plan? Sorry so many questions!

rumours what a star your ds1 is! That's fab. Hope he's ok back in school now.

We're off to my parents' tonight for my little sis' wedding weekend! Can't wait... so I may be quiet until Tuesday or later!

4everhopeful Thu 22-Aug-13 12:12:22

Very quick one from me but had to de lurk to say HUGE hurrah to shroom!!! grin Massive milestone reached! Know getting past the 15w mark must of been huge after your little angel boy... You are doing it girl! You're having that long awaited baby! Do you know the flavour? Are you going to find out? smile

Moon wowsers mrs! 36 weeks?!?! grin I do believe you are technically now full term! Any time from now! Lap up these final weeks!

Rumours bless your brave boy! Did he go back to school yesterday in the end?

Cloud have a luvverly time at your sisters wedding!

Still not enough hours in the day, especially as poor DH put his back out on monday so been looking after him too & very much missing his usual helpfulness!

Summer has her pre school jabs this afternoon, am dreading it sad

4everhopeful Thu 22-Aug-13 17:03:54

hmm Would you believe, just got a call from dr surgery, Summer has to be 3yrs & 4m, not 3yr 3m, for her jabs, was all geared up for it, am terrible with needles <wimp emoticon> blush Mind you i say that, I've spent every night since I gave birth 5wks ago having DH inject my thighs with the heparin for thrombosis prevention, they are black & blue with some of the bruises, looks awful, bloody painful as the it goes in & circulates too confused but I've soldiered on, & am secretly proud of my bravery! smile Even better, my last one is next tues! Hooray!!!

moonmrs Tue 27-Aug-13 21:17:32

And here I am grin no more work for me for a few months! Oh I am so ready for this, I am stupidly tired have done nothing but sleep and eat since Friday! Had a bit of a busy few days, but think the rest of time is now mine smile Bags all packed and we are ready for our little man whenever he decides to make an appearance. Did a last load of washing of his stuff today, some bedding and some new clothes that ahem fell into my hands during a shopping trip wink Am 37 weeks today, how did I get here, all those years of torture thinking it would never be me, and here I am, I couldn't be happier (well, I will be much happier when he's here safely but you know what I mean).

The last week of work was strange, I've been there a long time, and I had often fantasised about what it would be like to be leaving to have a baby blush but as I never thought it would realistically happen, it played out totally differently! My friends at work were lovely, I am so lucky to work with such generous people, we got given no end of presents; vouchers, baby clothes, toys, got taken out for 2 meals. On Thursday though I totally lost the plot and was teary all day, think I was a bit overwhelmed by the fact that I was going and that our day would soon be here, and after wanting it for so long it just all got a bit much! But Friday was much better, I'd pulled myself together and just enjoyed the day.

Feeling rather on the large side, hardly anything fits and my leg is really playing me up now, but not long to go and it will be worth every second of pain. Planning on doing not very much for a couple of weeks now and trying to catch up on some sleep.

Right I shall stop now as I'm rambling away, but will try to be here more often now I actually have some spare time smile

shroom still smiling for you, this is a lucky lucky thread and so pleased it brought luck to you too

4ever ouch to the bruises, last one today then? Think you're very brave! Hope your little man is doing well and summers enjoying being the big sister

cloud baby's head is down but not yet engaged (on Tues at midwife appointment it wasn't anyway) as for the birth plan its a bit vague, I am totally happy to go with the flow, whatever it takes to get him here safely, I've just said preferably no epidural, to have gas and air on its own (she says having no idea how much its gonna hurt!) and see what happens.... hmm am strangely not scared of giving birth, everyone keeps asking and I keep saying no, should I be....

<waves> to rumours and neeko and now I really am going!

Knock knock knock.... Oh gawd what have I missed now!??

Rumours Wed 28-Aug-13 09:46:20

moon I wanna give you a big hug, youre having a baby grin, its so exciting smile. Im so happy for you lovely.
Don't bw scared to give birth because youre going to have to do it and being scared just wastes energy. It will hurt but thats what the drugs are for and you're quir right to go with the flow. My first birth plan was full of stuff I didnt do, my second was blank!
Feet up and brew and cake for you xxx

Rumours Wed 28-Aug-13 09:47:38

Hi mls where've you been? Hows yer bairns?

moon you look fantastic & I'm so glad you are finally where you are at. smile About to begin the most amazing journey you'll ever have.

shroom I think I know who you are & if you are who I think you are (wtf???) then I've already said a big congrats on fb but I'll say it again.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are another one that had so many hands holding yours & so many positive vibes beamed over the water to you.

4ever sorry I missed the birth but grinsmile for you. Having a boy is ace isn't it?!

Really sorry I've been AWOL for so long. It's been a surreal summer for me but the thread is looking positive & bouncy so I'm definitely not going to bring it down with my goings-on. smile

Will attempt to read back a bit now....

rumours thanks the kids are well thanks. It's coming to the end of the school hols next week. Dd1 back thurs, dd2 back at preschool same day <<whispers yesssssss!>> so just me & ds on Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.

Just reading back, has one of your ds a had to have teeth out with a ga? Dd1 had to when she was 3 as she jumped off a bed into a radiator & bashed her teeth in. Poor thing has still got a gap there & she's nearly 6 now!

Rumours Wed 28-Aug-13 09:59:29

Oooh some nice quality time with your ds, and make sure you find time for you too smile

Rumours Wed 28-Aug-13 10:00:44

That was my ds1 mls, he's got 4 big holes now.

Oh dear. Which teeth were they? Dd1 had a front one & the one next to it taken out. She now has a bottom one hanging on by its thread - we are both too chicken to try & pull it out. When that goes she'll have a big gap at the front.

Rumours Wed 28-Aug-13 10:08:37

It was 4 big adult teeth at the back, to make room. He will be having braces next year.

Ahh poor boy & poor you. It's not nice seeing them put under like that. My dd woke up screaming afterwards. I could hear her in the next ward. sad

Rumours Wed 28-Aug-13 14:10:15

Ds1 handled it really well, it suprised me because lots if people had warned me how horrible it was, yet he just held the mask and went straight to sleep, and when he woke up was fine. I was very relieved!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now