Emmsys Weebles - moving to the Greenhouse for spring and summer!

(997 Posts)
4everhopeful Fri 08-Mar-13 00:09:16

Onwards and upwards lovelies... Bfp's, bumps, babies and young graduates, growing nicely back in the warmth of the greenhouse...

moonmrs Tue 23-Apr-13 21:18:50

Thanks lbm I think some things I would prefer new but others quite happy to have second hand, so I'll look into the places you've suggested. I've been watching a few items of maternity clothing on eBay, don't mind those second hand either, a good wash and who would know. Hope you're busy with good things.

cupcakefairy Tue 23-Apr-13 21:30:49

Ah moon, as lbm says you don't need much - boobs, nappies, a bed for baby is about it grin you'd be surprised how much stuff people give you too - clothes and everything else. Dh and I would seriously struggle to afford all the clothes and shoes our boys need but we're so grateful we have certain friends who pass things on to us. Ebay is the place to go definitely - I've bought all sorts on there - and second hand markets (not just nct, google for any in your area, we get kidsmarkets in Wales but not sure if you have equivalent.)
For maternity clothes have you got mat leggings? Buy them on ebay grin and you can just live in them with floaty dresses and long tops. So much comfier than jeans etc.

4ever Crap about the GD sad so sorry for you to have another complication. I worry that I'll get it in my next pregnancy as ds2 was so giant sad but sounds like you're very positive about it and want to just get on with dealing with it - right attitude will make it so much easier to deal with. Pics are amazing, you must be so excited to meet the boy. But your poor dd that's not nice sad Have an amazing holiday!

<calls out to the back of the greenhouse> blue and barbie are you hiding back there?!

mrsk so glad bleeding has stopped...onwards and upwards as we say smile

hello curly! Welcome back smile

We are nearly over the pox... ds2 still absolutely covered bless him but scabbed over now so I'm thinking of going to playgroup tomorrow...7 full days since he got it I hope he's no longer contagious confused

moonmrs Tue 23-Apr-13 21:35:45

cupcake you've made me chuckle, but you are right, boobs, nappies and a bed! I shall recite that to myself when I start worrying next time! Its just sod's law that we've both been working for years and years and the second the baby comes along we only have 1 wage to live on, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'd rather be poor and happy. I don't have leggings, but I might try those, like you say they go with so many things. Glad to hear the pox is all but gone, poor things.

Neeko Sat 27-Apr-13 17:33:41

Hello. Hope you're all ok. very quiet here.

All good with me. Focusing on the weight loss which is slow but steady.

moonmrs Sat 27-Apr-13 19:22:00

<waves> to neeko thought I'd killed the thread again! Glad to hear the weight loss is going well, slow is good it means its more likely to stay off. Me on the other hand, am putting on lots of weight as this little one is making me starving. 20 week scan on Tuesday shock can't believe we are this far along, its just crazy, if everything is ok I think I might finally believe this is all happening.

Neeko Sat 27-Apr-13 19:52:01

Oh Moon that is just so lovely. So happy to hear that you are finally able to believe a little. smile I'll be thinking of you on Tue. Will you find out the flavour? (to use a Barbie phrase)

moonmrs Sat 27-Apr-13 20:54:29

I think we are! Not that it matters in the slightest, but it would be nice to know smile

Neeko Sat 27-Apr-13 21:57:00

ooh. I'm excited! grin Will you tell us? I think it's a pink one.

moonmrs Sat 27-Apr-13 22:40:52

Yes of course I'll tell you smile dh thinks its pink and I think its blue.

Late night for me tonight, don't think I've been up this late in ages! Coming from someone who rarely went to bed before midnight this is very weird to me! Night night.

ohh, how exciting,moon - you get to see you little one tomorrow .

I think I'm in agreement with you - blue.

Had an interesting week last week - 2 friends who have both had loads of IVF are finally pregnant. One is quite a bit older than me shock and she is due in July. The other is my age and is due a bit later. Both are so happy and for me are proof that it is possible. I'm so looking forward to all the baby snuggles grin

Hope everyone else is well - good to hear that the weight is coming off, Neeko. Sadly mine keeps going back on - which is not good but mainly due to eating too much cake and chocolate!

Neeko Mon 29-Apr-13 20:03:37

Moon Here's my hand for tomorrow. I'm so excited that you are finally at this point. After tomorrow next time you see your Lo could be when he or she is in your arms grin grin

Lbm the whole weight thing is so hard when there's so much yummy food to be eaten! I've been really hungry today but trying to stay focused for weigh in tomorrow.
Lovely, lovely news about your friends. smile

Hope everyone else is ok...

moonmrs Mon 29-Apr-13 21:31:04

Thank you. I'll let you know as soon as I can. Please please let everything be ok.

Neeko Mon 29-Apr-13 21:32:19

Big deep breaths. Remember baby doesn't need a scan smile

SabsFabulous Tue 30-Apr-13 07:36:57

Popping in to wish Moon the best of luck today, not that you need it of course. Another milestone moment for you smile Will lurk to find out the flavour

Waves to everyone else. Sorry I haven't been around as much as I would like to be, life is so busy! I'm 32 weeks now and still have a few weeks of work left before I can supposedly relax! Promise to be back soon

4everhopeful Tue 30-Apr-13 08:53:33

Good luck today moon! Not that you need it of course! Very exciting stuff! grin I think blue!

Just catching up from weekend away, lovely much needed break, Summer had a ball, burst into tears when we got home cos she wanted to go dancing! Keeps saying 'where caravan gone, want to go dancing!' <melt>

Just realised not posted since diabetes clinic, all very positive & do able, been maintaining my levels well so feeling ok about it, only (quite big) downer is that if not given birth before, will be induced on due date, and definitely have to stay in 48 hrs after he's born to monitor his glucose levels too.. sad Hate thought of leaving Summer, little dream of in hospital at 9am, giving birth at midday and home by dinner definitely a fantasy now.... hmm

Neeko Tue 30-Apr-13 11:14:02

Oh 4ever That's really disappointing for you but S will be fine and so long as you and your son are healthy, that's all that matters. (I know you know this, just reminding you!)

Wow Sabs You're nearly there!!

Can't wait to hear the flavour of Moonbeam

moonmrs Tue 30-Apr-13 11:43:23

It's blue! All looking good! Xxx

SabsFabulous Tue 30-Apr-13 12:40:03

smilesmilesmile Moon

Wonder if I'll make it a hattrick of blues now grin

4everhopeful Tue 30-Apr-13 13:04:31

Yay moon grin grin you're having a boy! grin Bet it felt amazing seeing him again and all the more real for you now! So very pleased for you and mrmoon! Huge milestone, your dream is now a reality! You're having a baby!

Neeko Tue 30-Apr-13 13:43:08

Oh congratulations Moon.grin grin grin So happy for you. Your own little Moonboy smile

4everhopeful Tue 30-Apr-13 14:18:01

How wierd, i did post straight after my last post to say - yay sabs make it a hat trick! grin Dunno where it went though! hmm

Big waves to neeko - right as ever, so long as my boys healthy is all that matters.. smile

Have a scan myself tomorrow, first gage on his size, methinks another biggun like his sis, especially with the GD factor confused

Rumours Tue 30-Apr-13 16:16:47

Awwww a moonboy smile xx

cupcakefairy Tue 30-Apr-13 19:06:02

Aaaaaaahhhh moon that is ridiculously exciting!! Knew it would be blue, HOW lovely that your little nephew will have a boy cousin to play with smile so glad all ok too, only 4 short weeks til viability!! I can't believe it, I bet you can't!

sabs I reckon it will be a trio of boys smile seems to happen on this thread, phases of boys then girls smile

4ever you sound v chilled post holiday. a bummer about the birth & staying in after but you have time to adjust to it. I may be weird but I actually liked being in hospital, u get looked after, baby changed for u, held for u, food brought to u & no washing up! Quite lovely really.. but I know you'll be wanting to get back to your girl.. sure she'll enjoy the adventure of visiting hospital though smile

neeko well done you on weight coming off. I was so upset I'd only lost a quarter of a lb!!! last week after being SO good..ridiculous! (so of course ate huge piece of cheesecake to ease my anger) on Sunday I had nasty tummy bug & just couldn't help hoping it might help the numbers this week!! Still 10lb to go before wedding in aug.

Big waves to all x

moonmrs Tue 30-Apr-13 20:45:26

Sorry to post and run earlier, I went straight to work after so I didn't have much time (thought I may as well get paid for a morning off rather than taking a days holiday!) planned to come back once I was at work but that didn't happen!

It was such an amazing experience, I will never ever forget it. I had no idea you could see so much, the chambers of the heart and all the bones, and the best bit, the sonographer showed us the soles of his feet - omg it was so cute, they were so small. She said it is most definitely a boy as you could 'see extra bits' were her words lol and dh had a proud moment as he realised they were very prominent! I always thought it was a boy, but its thrown dh and the family as they were convinced it was a girl!

I am so unbelievably grateful to be in this position, I truly never believed it would happen and I am so happy. Thank you all for believing and giving me hope and for all your lovely well wishes and congratulations today, your support has been really appreciated.

Neeko Tue 30-Apr-13 21:33:57

Aww Moon Your post made me want to give you a great big, squeezy, happy hug! So happy for you.

Cupcake Lol at the chocolate cake as that'd be my response too! I lost 1.5lbs so that's 3.5lbs in 2 weeks. I'm happy with that. You'll definitely lose 10lbs by August.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now