Absent AF, screwed up ovulation, luteal phase defects? Sign in for the all new ttc while breastfeeding thread! BFPs guaranteed!

(1000 Posts)
MrsHuxtable Wed 20-Feb-13 23:28:46

As if ttc wasn't nerve wrecking enough, we like the extra challenge of getting that BFP while still breastfeeding a baby or toddler. While this isn't an easy endouvour, it certainly isn't impossible as many graduates on the previous threads prove.

I'm posting a link here for any newcomers about fertility while breastfeeding.

kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility/

Am also wonderig if you'd like to have some sort of stats for the tread members. I'll just start myself.

MrsHuxtable, 29, ttc#2 from April, on pp cycle 4, luteal phase defect

Wildwaterfalls Wed 11-Sep-13 09:17:51

Hi eggs! How are you? Good luck with the SWI next week... Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month. Did they ever call back from that job to rearrange the interview? I hope so!

The birthday party was a lot of fun, lots of little ones there and thankfully nice weather so we were in the garden with all the toys etc. Did you have a party too for your DD?

Things here are fine... Very tired which I guess is a good sign but also (tmi) have had a couple if instances of CM which has had a very slight pink colour I think. So that has me worrying again. Scan is next week at 8 weeks.

DD is getting much more 'obvious' around wanting to bf by the way. She will start pulling at my top and bury her head in my chest. Very cute although maybe not so much in public!

Hope everyone else is well!

monstermmash Sat 14-Sep-13 00:38:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BlackberrySeason Sat 14-Sep-13 23:30:02

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice weekend!

This is ex interval here - keep having to nc as I keep posting potentially outing stuff on other threads blush sorry for confusing you all!!

So, charting temps i have recorded now show I have definitely ov - I am on cd 26 and ov is showing as having been on cd 19. Very relieved I do seem to be ov BUT it look like I have some kind of LP problem as my temps are now trending down again hmm I should get my AF next Saturday I think. Sadly there is absolutely no chance for bfp this month as first DH was ill and then I was meaning no swi at all sad anyway - onwards and upwards for next month!!

Wild, lovely that the party was fun and can't believe how far on you are now smile Hopefully there will be no more tinged cm at all now so the worries will subside. It's cute when they get very up front about bf - DS went in for cute toddler gymnastics when bf and liked to bf in crazy positions eg standing up or on all fours on my knee smile

Eggs, hope your dd had a lovely party too and that you are all set for an swi fest grin

Nickname, really pleased the thread gave you hope smile

How are things with you, Rosie?

Flower and boom, any more signs of AF at all?? I am sending you lots more AF vibes now smile

eggsnbeans Mon 16-Sep-13 07:15:25

Great news that you are oving at least Blackberry smile Sounds like your LP is good too grin So itll be all on next month then!

Wild FX for your scan this week! It's so reassuring once you see that little heart beat smile Very cute about your DD smile my DD is fine when we are out but when we are home she thinks it's the best thing ever to pull up my shirt and play with my belly grin Hoping that one doesn't start happening in public!

Yup we had a great party for DD last week, just a few family which was really nice smile Next it'll be christmas confused We are swi at the moment, ov day should be wednesday I think!

BlackberrySeason Mon 16-Sep-13 21:27:19

Hi eggs, no doubt you are v intensely ticking off the days to ov now grin May the force be with you - maybe you will be our next graduate!! It's lovely to hear you had a nice party for dd. DS loved his so much when he was 2 a few months ago smile

I'm really pleased grin because looking at my temps a second ago (still in my lp) they are just bumping up and down a bit but aren't trending steadily down. My day of ov is now showing as cd 21, with LP day 7 now on cd 28, so fingers crossed my LP is not too bad!

Now we just have to swi and actually hit the right days next cycle and we will be able to say we have properly started TTC!

DS is doing so well after his op now - words increasing all the time and so much happier and less frustrated. He is really liking being back at the little groups and classes he goes to now term has started.

How are things, Wild?

Any news from anyone else?

SoulCakeDuck Mon 16-Sep-13 22:00:37

Thought I would report back in now that I have something to actually report, AF arrived back on Friday after 13 months. Had very slight bleeding last month but nothing came of it, 33 days later here with a vengeance. So cycle doesn't seem to bad either. SWI with coincide nicely with my birthday and a long weekend away to fingers crossed. So here we go, TTC #2, now if we could just get DD1 to actually sleep through the night...

For anyone else still waiting patiently, it took me til cutting out feeding between 7am and 7pm before anything happened AFwise. Started with an increase in CM over a couple of weeks, then a couple of days spotting last month and now seems to be back to normal. I feed DD after her bath, and a couple of small feeds if she is unsettled overnight (very bad sleeper, hope the next one is better at it!).

Glad to see so many others have had AF return recently and even a couple of BFPs from my quick skim of posts - congratulations! Will take time for me to catch up on all your stories but hope to get to know you all a bit more now that I have something to contribute and I can stop lurking.

BlackberrySeason Mon 16-Sep-13 22:35:55

Cake, great news that you now have proper AF smile funnily enough cutting out our last daytime feed also triggered the return of my AF - so now I only feed after 7pm and before 7 am. What would the age gap be if you got pg straight away? Just worked out ours would be 35 months. I wanted a small gap, so fingers crossed it happens sooner rather than later!

SoulCakeDuck Tue 17-Sep-13 08:09:21

If I got pg first time, would be 23 month age gap, we wanted small gap too and 2 years would be perfect. DH has plans for at least one more after that so don't want to spread them out too far apart, would like to return to a nappy free life at some point!

Fingers crossed for you this month too, I'm only on CD5 so a while to go before anything exciting yet. Will dig out some OPKs just to get an idea of when I'm likely to ov and see how my cycle settles down.

I'd forgotten how exiting this all is! DD is currently spreading Weetabix in her hair, best go sort it out before it sets, that stuff is like cement...

BlackberrySeason Tue 17-Sep-13 19:04:24

It is exciting, isn't it?!!

I'm impressed by your speedy return of AF - should be a nice age gap! Our original plan was to start TTC again when DS was 10 months, but we counted without my AF not coming back until DS was 25 months, DH being ill and me having an op!!! All resolved now thank goodness smile

CD 29 here and no sign of AF! Really just twiddling thumbs til next cycle when we can start intensively trying grin

Wildwaterfalls Tue 17-Sep-13 21:07:42

So pleased your AF has arrived SoulCake! Excellent news!

Hello blackberry and eggs - your stories of bf antics / belly playing made me laugh! So cute! It's so funny when they start being more aware of things isn't it? DD can sometimes stop bf to conduct an intense inspection of my nipple, pressing it with her index fingers as if it is going to make a funny sound or something like that. Haha!

Blackberry that does sound like a good LP. And good luck with SWI eggs, I guess tomorrow is the crucial day?

I have started work again (slightly awkward being pg again but haven't mentioned it yet) and finding it hard not to see DD so much. Also still worrying - no more tinged CM but all sorts of aches and pains. Scan on Fri.

SoulCakeDuck Tue 17-Sep-13 21:48:36

Ooh, good luck with your scan. I'm watching the midwife programme on BB2 just now with a tinge of nostalgia/jealousy of all the squishy newborns and pregnant woman. While my 13mo dd is rampaging round the living room refusing to go to sleep, have been trying to get her down for the last two hours but she is fighting and fighting and I have given up for my sanity's sake...she will crash out soon (won't she?!?)

No idea what's gotten into her but wish I had her energy (actually if we're granting wishes, I wish I had a baby who sleeps, or at least acknowledges the concept...)

SoulCakeDuck Tue 17-Sep-13 22:03:36

At last, she's asleep, would like to say that would be her for the night but sleep really isn't her thing...

eggsnbeans Wed 18-Sep-13 01:19:42

Great news on AF cake smile hope you get lucky this month! Know what you mean about wishing DD would sleep too... we were up at least 5 times last night and DD really objects strongly to the idea of sleeping in the daytime! Too many exciting things might be missed confused

grin at your DD expecting noises to come from your nipples Wild! Is she walking yet? My DD has been trying really hard to take a few steps for a couple of weeks but hasn't quite got the balance yet. it's very cute to watch though. I'm really enjoying this stage (even with the intense frustrations!), almost has me wondering why I want to go back to NB stage again (although they are just so squishy!)

Yup temp dipped this morning so must be last swi day today! Has been hard staying motivated this month for some reason, kinda grateful to be able to rest up tomorrow blush

BlackberrySeason Thu 19-Sep-13 23:24:25

Wild, will be thinking of you having your scan tomorrow. Your dd's nipple inspections sound hilarious smile

Cake, hope sleep has improved?

Eggs, this is the 2ww for you now I presume. Fingers crossed!

Day 10 of my LP here but temps trending down after day 7 confused just hoping that doesn't mean there wouldn't be enough progesterone to stay pg. No AF yet though my best guess is that Saturday should be the day.

Wildwaterfalls Fri 20-Sep-13 22:08:36

DD not walking yet eggs - sounds like she is at exactly the same stage as your DD. A couple of steps here and there but balance is an issue. Bit like Bambi! Very cute smile Good luck with the 2ww!!

Blackberry can't remember if you could be pg, or if the SWI didn't quite work out this month. Fingers crossed for a good LP in any case!

The scan went really well, lovely to see the little heartbeat. Finally dare to think of myself as pg now. I'll probably not post so often now as I know it's not great having others' pg updates while you're ttc, and it's not what this thread is for. But will keep an eye on you guys and pop in occasionally to wave and hopefully cheer at your BFPs!!

BlackberrySeason Fri 20-Sep-13 22:12:04

Wild I am so gringrinpleased for you about the scan - have been looking out for your post!! Will read the rest now!

BlackberrySeason Fri 20-Sep-13 22:22:11

Sounds v cute re the walking smile My DS didn't walk until almost 14 months which was weird as he was cruising at 9 months!

Please don't feel you can't post - we've been loving your updates, so please come back as often as you like. Would love to hear about tandem feeding of you decided to do it smile

I can't be pg as we hardly swi at all this month due to both having lurgies one after the other sad anyway - onwards and upwards for next month. Still no AF so even if temps are poor LP is lasting at least 8 days!

eggsnbeans Sat 21-Sep-13 20:42:31

So pleased your scan went well Wild grin please keep posting when you find time, I love hearing pg updates even when I am ttc, it's such an exciting time! smile Very interested to hear how the bf while pg and tandem feeding goes too.

DD has been cruising since about 9.5m too Blackberry! I was expecting walking to happen sooner tbh (although v grateful that it hasn't!). Was your DS quite big for his age? DD is, although not in the same way she used to be, and I have heard that often means they hit movement milestones a bit later as they have so much extra weight to lug around! One of the boys in my NCT group is nearly 14m and not even attempting to crawl or stand yet, so they really do all have their own timeline I guess smile It's funny, I had always assumed that they took a couple of steps then were very quickly walking everywhere, but there are so many stages in between! It's great fun to watch though.

Boo for the lurgy Blackberry sad I'm just getting it too, and DD is coughing again. Gaaaa!

But on a better note, I've got a job interview next week smile although knowing my luck I'll get a bfp now this month and won't be able to take it!

sebsmummy1 Sun 22-Sep-13 21:22:08

Oh god I am so glad I found this thread as I feel like I'm going a bit mad out here on my own!!

Quick summary is I have a 10 month old who I am still breast feeding. He is on 2 feeds over 24 hours, sometimes 3. I got my periods back at three months and promptly went on the pill for 3 months, I am on my forth cycle since coming off of it as we wanted to TTC (I am 38 and was advised not to wait).

First month we DTD at around the time I anticipated I would ovulate and I had an obviously anovulatory cycle as it was only 21 days and I bled REALLY heavily. Second month we did lots and lots of BDing around the right time and obviously no luck, my cycle length was 27 days. Third month I used ovulation strips off the internet and could not get a positive at all, cycle length 27 days, this month I've been using the clearblue opks and I'm on CD 16 with no positive at all. I did have EWCM for the last three days but I know you can get that without ovulating.

So I am assuming I am not ovulating sad

I have done lots of research and it does seem as though some women can get regular periods whilst breast feeding but still not ovulate. I don't know, I just feel a bit crap, but I am not prepared to stop breast feeling him at the moment as he needs to be my main priority.

It would just be great to chat to people in the same position as myself, hence why i have popped up on this thread lol xxxxx

BlackberrySeason Sun 22-Sep-13 23:03:17

Sebsmummy, welcome! Sorry to hear you are finding it all a but stressy - you are in the right place though as all of us here understand.

One very quick question before I read properly and reply to your post in detail and catch up with the rest of the thread, did you get positive opks when you were TTC before? I never had a positive opk while ttc DS - is asleep beside me so I have definitely ov at least once smile

BlackberrySeason Sun 22-Sep-13 23:27:39

Eggs, good luck for the interview - should work like a charm to get you a bfp grin happened to me that way when I got pg with DS! When are you going to test, or are you going to try not to?? Yes, DS was very tall and 75th centile for weight - interesting idea that the late walking could be connected to that.

Sebs, will just run through my other thoughts about your post, in case it helps. I don't think the really short cycle definitely means annovulatory as I've had some really short ovulatory cycles before. The amount you are bf wouldn't usually hold up ov in the majority of women at 10 months post birth I wouldn't have thought - in case it helps, I am bf DS 4 times per night still and definitely seem to be ovulating. Are you charting cm at all? Could you face doing bbt charting? I chart my temps and they showed I ov this month - very reassuring.

Waves to cake, boom and everyone else!

I am really crampy, so think AF is on the way - no chance of bfp for us this month as absolutely no swi. Hopefully this month we will actually be well enough to get on with TTC! LP seems fine in length - around 14 days I think.

BlackberrySeason Sun 22-Sep-13 23:28:57

Oh and ps sebs, in case it makes you feel better I am almost 39 grin

sebsmummy1 Mon 23-Sep-13 06:42:29

Thanks blackberry, your posts really helped, I appreciate it.

Well what do you know, I get my first smiley face of the month on CD 17!! So with a 27 day cycle and (from what I understand) the LH surge being a pre indicator of ovulation, not a marker for it happening today, it seems I may have too short a lutuel phase currently.

Sebby was a lovely surprise so I have no experience of TTC outside of the last few months.

Gosh I am so happy to see a smiley face on the clearblue stick!!! Obviously now I'm worried that if I do get pregnant this month it won't be a sticky one due to the short LP. My periods were always around 27 days long so I don't suspect this cycle will suddenly be a longer one.

SoulCakeDuck Mon 23-Sep-13 17:39:44

Congratulations on the smile Sebs, I bet that is a weight off your mind, know what you mean about not wanting to stop feeding just to ttc, probably totally silly but feels like you're putting yourself before your baby. I know it's not but it's definitely a complicated emotion, and I struggled with it for a bit but fortunately AF turned up saving me from any hard decisions.

I set out to BF with the intention to feed til 1 year then swap to cows milk. We have substituted some feeds but I'm not ready to drop the bed time and night time ones yet, it's too perfect a way to sooth the sleep fighting, restless toddler! Will probably keep going until she manages to sleep through the night, fingers crossed that will actually come at some point.

CD11 here so just entering the fun week, did an OPK today as a starter for 10 and will see how it progresses as the week goes on. My DH is working away a lot at the minute but is back this week as we are having a large family get together for FILs birthday so, not only will he be home but hopefully relaxed and off work. Also it's my birthday on Wednesday so he'll just have to do my bidding! Only our first month back in the ttc game, took a year with DD so just going to try and relax and enjoy the ride...

eggsnbeans Tue 24-Sep-13 08:21:14

Hi Sebs and great to hear you got a smile I have still never got one in any cycle ever, although have never tried CBDs! I was pretty sure i was oving though as get a good bbt rise (and conceived DD eventually!) My LP still appears to be around 8d, have actually stopped the B6 this month too as don't know how much it was really helping, but we shall see I guess confused

Any sign of AF yet Blackberry? Sounds like you've got a good LP at least anyway grin so at least that shouldn't trouble you!

I'm expecting AF Thurs/Fri this week (going by previous LPs) but guess I won't be testing until Wed next week if she doesn't show! like i can really hold on that long!!! No cramping yet which is positive!

happy b'day for tomorrow Cake smile hope DH is obliging smile smile Did you find it easy to get your DS to drink cows milk? DD gives me really evil looks if I put a glass of milk anywhere near her! So don't think she's going to be drinking it anytime soon!

This thread is not accepting new messages.