TTC #2 and turning into a nut job!

(1000 Posts)
gemmeg Mon 18-Feb-13 07:13:21

Ladies, bring me back down to Earth before it's too late! I'm TTC #2 and its only the 2nd cycle and I'm already doing my own head in not to mention my OH.....we're not the kind of couple to have regular sex when not TTC (much to my disappointment sad) so it's a real effort for DS to, erm, pull his finger out as it were and DTD every other day. With DS1 I had no idea about CM and OPKs and just used an ovulation calendar for timing but this time round I'm in danger of falling into the OPK trap! I'm aware of my constant whittling and DH even said that he hopes I get pregnant this month so he doesn't have to listen to me begging for him to do it just one more time! Anyone in the same boat?

Congratulations gemmeg!!! That's fantastic news! Really pleased for you - feels like we're on a roll now!

AbiBub I'm feeling ok I think - I've had a cold for the past few days and haven't noticed any symptoms but if course as soon as those lines appeared yesterday I'm convincing myself I have symptoms. It also might be because I phoned the midwife and she said come straight off the Atkins diet, I have IBS and so carbs can set that off, especially if I haven't had any in a while.

Oh and yes, 5 weeks tomorrow. If its anything like last time the sickness will arrive soon smile

mrscookie78 Fri 03-May-13 07:45:11

congratulations gemmeg and nomore grin . im on day 40, doctor said give it two more weeks for af to turn up before I go back.

gemmeg Fri 03-May-13 09:20:11

I have also had a stinking cold nomore and when I think about it I had a terrible cold when I found out I was pg with ds1. I lost count of the number of times I sneezed yesterday!

StoneBaby Fri 03-May-13 09:50:20

Congratulations all!! Such a great news.

I've now started the ov tests as I got no idea when it's going to happen. I've got great hopes May will be my month as it was 4 years ago (with DS) hmm

Rant alert so bear with me - 4 women at my work are now pg and over the last week they've all asked me if I was planning #2. So I've been smoothly changing the conversation and I'm now avoiding them [shame] I obviously can't tell them that we've been ttc for 12 months, and getting depressed for a week every time AF turns up!
Sorry I needed to share blush

gemmeg Fri 03-May-13 09:59:29

It must be really difficult for you stone. It's quite a personal question for others to ask, I mean, I wouldn't ask someone for precisely the reason that it's annoying you! I used OPKs this month and we only DTD on the day of first positive and day after. Good luck xx

Hi ladies

Gemmeg congrats!!

Sorry if I have been a bit elusive the last week - I have been trying not to get to excited as........I also got a BFP this morning!!!!

Basically my ''AF' consisted of a couple of bits of pink spotting on tueaday and that's it - I waited and waited for it to kick in but it didn't and this morning I POAS and got a BFP!! I think I am due early January but trying not to get to excited as the miscarriage was only 3 months ago. I didn't mention anything in here as I was just so confused and trying to be chilled about it!

I'm staying put on this thread for a bit if that's okay xxx

chocoloulou33 Fri 03-May-13 12:03:41

Congrats mummy great news x

StoneBaby Fri 03-May-13 12:13:19

Congratulations mummy fx it'll all goes well smile

Mummy that's brilliant! So happy for you smile

mrscookie78 Fri 03-May-13 12:24:38

aww congratulations mummy too grin

ASmidgeofMidge Fri 03-May-13 14:24:55

Congratulations-so many bfp's since I was here! flowers
Hello to all the new mutters, too! AF has now left the building so dh and I are going to be busy this weekend... Hoping others' success rubs off! How is everyone?

Loanna Fri 03-May-13 15:49:35

Congratulations everyone! So nice to hear about so many BFPs! My AF arrived finally on CD44 (today) so can finally start charting properly, I may even purchase some OPKs for good measure grin

My symptoms have arrived now. I feel like crap! Still happy about the BFP but I feel really tired and like I have a migraine coming. This was all a little easier last time without a 2 year old who only seems to want to play outside or with various noisy books right in my ear while I try to sneak a quick nap in on the sofa take it easy.

gemmeg Fri 03-May-13 18:43:25

Congrats from me too mummy!

Thanks ladies!! Still can't believe it!! We have told parents and everyone was so happy but cautious at the same time as its less than 3 months since the miscarriage. I am going to take one day at a time at the moment - I have spoken to my midwife and she said I will be scanned at 8 weeks for reassurance :-)

I am feeling fine at the moment (other than a bit of tiredness) so relishing the symptom free time before they hit full force!! I still have some pregnancy tests left so will probably keep POAS just to make sure it's real!! Xx

winterpansy Fri 03-May-13 20:16:35

OMG!!! Congrats mummy nomore and gem! So over the moon for you three smile

That's amazing!

mummy Can't believe you were just like me and convinced af was on the way cos of implantation bleeding. Flipping brilliant!

I've had a bit of a stressful time - had quite a lot of spotting yesterday (but no pain) so the dr has made appointment for me for epau for 2 weeks today when I'll be 7 weeks. I immediately did another cb digi and it showed 3+ so I'm hopefully all is going in the right direction. I'm trying to keep positive so fingers crossed eveything will be OK. I'm still relatively symptomless apart from tiredness, tingly boobies and heart burn which google tells me can be a sign of twins. So, I'm hitting the weekend 5 weeks pregnant with a reasonably good attitude that the wee baby will stick.

Hope you've all got lovely weekend plans - we're out and about at various things and we're taking DS swimming for the first time, which I am sure he will love. Lots to distract me! Have a good one, lovely ladies.

PS Shall we tentatively say we might start a no.2 nutjobs antenatal/pregnancy thread soon?

StoneBaby Fri 03-May-13 20:55:12

So great to hear all those good news.

I'm feeling miserable tonight as I've got lower abdominal pain on my left side, it came from nowhere and I still wonder if my body is trying to re-adjust after my last cycle (7 days longer than usual) confused

Tallalime Sat 04-May-13 00:47:22

Congrats to all of you with BFP's grin Fabulous news xx

stone I am in the same boat, only in my case the asker is my mother. I'm sure she means well (hmm ) but it's every time I see/speak to her and my irrational side feels like she is just rubbing my face in it.

I am actually dreading seeing my family now Dsis has announced her pregnancy. a) because I am eaten up with jealousy. seriously this is actually my face right now envy and b) because they're all going to be throwing useless platitudes at me to 'make me feel better'.

I am actually feeling completely sad about the whole situation right now. I'm sure I'll get over myself shortly but for now I am 'sulking'. Stupid useless body, stupid useless DH, bastard AF etc etc

Lord I am in such a mood blush

StoneBaby Sat 04-May-13 07:13:51

talla are you me? smile

CabbageLooking Sat 04-May-13 07:40:08

Hi all - huge congratulations to all those who have had good news. Lovely to hear it.

Don't know if this is TMI but am currently in the middle of my most fertile period and DH decided he was "too tired" last night. I wouldn't mind but he managed to miss the crucial day last month too. I may be getting a little obsessive and unreasonable (but then I'm trying to not drink at the moment so I'm allowing myself a certain amount of unreasonableness).

Good luck to everyone this month. x

Hi ladies, hope you are all having a great Saturday!!

Cabbage - does your DH know its your fertile time? I used to tell DH that I had a positive OPK but he then asked me not to as he felt under pressure to 'perform'. Once I stopped telling him things seemed to be a bit more relaxed for him.

Winter - sorry you have had a stressful few days - spotting is perfectly common in early pregnancy, but i know how scary it can be. I hope the next couple of weeks go quickly and the scan is here before you know it!!

Tallalime - sorry you are having a tough time hun - I hated the questions about number 2 - I agree with gemmeg - it is such a personal question!! Does your family know you are trying - I told my mum we were trying but asked her not to ask me about it just be supportive if I needed her to be.

Stone - I hope you don't feel too babe hun and the symptoms don't make you feel too grotty.

I'm just waiting for my new mattress to be delivered - cant wait for a fab night sleep tonight!!

Xxx

mrscookie78 Sat 04-May-13 18:03:33

Been a good day here as af turned up. grin im on day one of cycle 3. yay went to a country park this afternoon, dh is cooking chilli for dinner and im having a vodka. Will drink for the ladies with their bfps!!

mrscookie78 Sat 04-May-13 18:08:12

I didn't tell dh that it was an ovulation day last month, I feel that if im on at him each month on the exact days he will feel like its a chore. smile

Thanks mrs! If you're anywhere near me I have a lot of tonic going spare now smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.