TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 10

(1000 Posts)
roseandroli Thu 14-Feb-13 10:17:57

We are now on part 10 of this thread! I hope you can all find this. This is a positive thread for all those diagnosed with High or Very High NK Cells and looking to start TTC or already pregnant on Prednisolone and/or Intralipid treatment.

Newcomers very much welcome!

Links to earlier threads:

Part 9: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/a1552980-TTC-or-pregnancy-on-prednisolone-or-similar-part-9

Part 8: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/a1492407-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-8#33842381

Part 7 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1452035-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-7

Part 6 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1419032-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-6

Part 5 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1391787-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-5

Part 4 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1366323-TTC-Pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-4

Part 3 www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1348773-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-3

Part 2 here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1323594-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar-part-2

Part 1 here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1236324-TTC-pregnancy-on-Prednisolone-or-similar

roseandroli Wed 20-Mar-13 12:22:34

cartoon I am so sorry, and totally understandable that you should be having all those feelings right now. Thank you for coming here and sharing with us, and like choccy said, I hope you are getting all the love and care you need right now in RL.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and wish you all the best on this difficult journey.

I had my last appointment with Dr. S on Monday. Boy, it was like speed dating--he couldn't talk fast enough, and practically shoo'ed me out the door. I'm so grateful to him for getting me this far, but sometimes it's hard to feel like he's listening to the full story.

Hope everyone is staying warm in this grim weather.

mollieboo Wed 20-Mar-13 17:39:27

Hi everyone

cartoon big hugs to you, be good to yourself, I hope you start to feel better soon x

duggs and sue thank you for the ivf info, really useful. If I do decide to embark on ivf I will def get tested first for hidden infections and get dh's sperm dna tested after reading duggs' experience. Hope you both get lucky v soon.

Congrats rose on being discharged from Mr S, must feel like you've passed a milestone. Sorry you felt rushed out though!

Waves to everyone else.

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Thu 21-Mar-13 21:29:02

How are you feeling cartoon? I've been thinking about you and hope you're OK.
RoseandRoli made me laugh that your last appt with Mr S was like speed dating. I can imagine him being like that.
Good luck Choccypud I'm in the 2WW too but very unlikely to be pregnant.
So I've been taking the Pred for 8 days now. Frustratingly, we haven't been able to DTD because of what I thought was a UTI. I've just had the urine culture back and it turns out urinary tract pain is a side effect of the Pred, not an infection.
Feels like a waste of a month. Stupidly we were waiting until I ovulated before DTD, which I realise know was a mistake anyway. We are trying for my 8th pregnancy so I should realise how this conception thing works by now confused
On the positive side I'm 40 in a couple of weeks so can celebrate at my party with a drink grin

Havingkittens Fri 22-Mar-13 10:51:27

Just wondering how jemima is doing? I remember she was being induced on Tuesday, so just lurking for her news.

I am booked for a sweep on 2 April and will get an appointment for induction at 39.5 wks, I think. In the meantime I've been told to get on the raspberry leaf tea, do some shagging ('cos I'm obviously feeling really frisky these days - not!). Flat refurbs almost finished so keeping legs crossed 'till then.

seem to be having my period ffs!

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 22-Mar-13 11:59:56

Hello, baby Iris arrived finally this morning! Quite an arduous 4 day induction ending in c section. All

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 22-Mar-13 12:00:14

Oops, exhausted! All

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 22-Mar-13 12:00:28

All ok though. X

FierceBadIggi Fri 22-Mar-13 13:03:39

Congratulations Jemima, and what a beautiful name smile Hope you can get some rest after that long process!

mollieboo Fri 22-Mar-13 13:22:52

Congrats Jemima, Iris is a gorgeous name. Glad all is well and hope you get some rest x

freelancegirl Fri 22-Mar-13 14:22:24

Oh my goodness Jemima! Congratulations. Can't wait to hear more about it including how you're spending all your time on the feeding and sleep threads asking what the feck do I do with this tiny little thing smile

Rose that's so good that you've reached that milestone. Sorry you felt rushed. It's funny isn't it - sometimes he really takes his time and other times you feel like he's already got his suitcase packed under the desk and a hawaiian shirt on under his sensible number, ready to leg it on holiday as soon as your seat is vacatedsmile

Kittens it is getting very very real now isn't it. Gulp! So wonderful that this is happening to you. Can't wait to see those photos with your little one. It will be one of those FINALLY moments am sure.

Accidental yes you think you'd have got the TTC bit down now smile How frustrating though - I had no idea that could be a side effect of the Pred. Another fun one to rank alongside Moon Face, aches, the shakes... Happy Birthday! 40, hey, I'm not 39 until end of July but I am aware that means I am 40 next year. Yikes - how does that happen?!

Sorry you're still going through the mill Cartoon. Do you think it might be residual bleeding - how long has it been now? If it IS a period it might be quite good as it means your body is settling back to normality again, but I know how exhausting it is to feel like you're bleeding all the damn time too.

Good luck and lots of positive thoughts to all xx

free I had my erpc on the 12th so very early to be a period I thought. I bleed lightly for like 3 days and stopped then on Wed more blood. heavier than spotting but light for a period. my doc is saying period, but that was on a phone appointment. I also have lower back pain and numbness/pins and needles in my leg/bum. any ideas?
congrats jemima, pretty name.

ChoccyPud Fri 22-Mar-13 14:51:41

Cartoon that sounds similar to what I had after ERPC. For 3 weeks. If there's no nasty smell or clots it's probably just one of those things... Some people have just a tiny bit of spotting- oh to be that lucky! Take some iron pills to help perk you up - its exhausting bleeding esp when you're already emotionally drained. Take care x

Congrats Jemima. Lovely news.

BellyD Fri 22-Mar-13 16:25:25

Congrats Jemima lovely news, and a new (much happier) journey begins.

Cartoon hoping your cycle is back to normal asap.

TheAccidentalEgghibitionist Fri 22-Mar-13 17:03:43

Congratulations Jemima such lovely news flowers

FierceBadIggi Fri 22-Mar-13 18:21:58

Isn't there a name for the first period post mc? (A thread name I mean, not a medical one!)
Hope the bleeding settles down soon, Cartoon, you want your body - at least - to be getting back to normal quickly.

mollieboo Fri 22-Mar-13 18:35:50

free haha your post re Mr S made me laugh! Yes it is so true too.

accidental hope you get upduffed soon. I'm back to my normal cycle now after last mc and am doing superov to take stress away of trying to know when I'm ovulating and start pred, esp as ov gets later and later when on the pred. Hopefully we'll both get good news v soon.

cartoon hope you're doing ok. I did medical management of my mc, I was almost 10 weeks, and it took 3 weeks to complete with lots of stopping and starting. Reflexology helped to get it all out I think. Hope that helps but I know your situation is different as you had an erpc.

ChoccyPud Fri 22-Mar-13 18:42:45

Iggi you're thinking of the WTF cycle I think smile

chocy is that real? I don't really believe that this is my period. but hey we will see. I'm going to poas in the morning to see if that still thinks I'm pregnant.

freelancegirl Fri 22-Mar-13 19:19:51

I'd forgotten about the 'WTF cycle'! Yes, it was always known as thus on the miscarriage boards.

Havingkittens Sun 24-Mar-13 01:08:10

Congratulations Jemima, what a gorgeous name! Wow, 4 day induction sounds arduous. I hope you managed to get a bit of rest!

Cartoon, I'm sure you're feeling utterly shell shocked. I have had 3 later losses, my first MMC at 11 weeks and then 2 terminations at 12-13 weeks and it really is a huge shock, just when you thought you'd reached the "safety point". Also, I think it takes a bit longer for your body to settle down hormonally. How are you feeling, along with your fresh bleeding? Are you having cramps at all? If your HPTs are still coming up positive it might be an idea to ask your GP to refer you back to the EPU for a scan just to check everything has come away alright. I still had a little "tissue" left attached to my uterus wall which was still receiving a blood supply and this was causing me to continue bleeding and cramping. Mind you, if I remember, the bleeding was a little longer lasting and intermittent after the later losses. With my early ERPCs there was very little bleeding at all. As far as returning periods go, mine have usually taken about 6 weeks to return each time.

Yes, Free, it's all getting very real now! I'm still trying to get my head around the reality of it all.

kittens I did a test yesterday which was positive. I've still got a little bleeding but usually Brown now, no cramps. I'm just putting it down to things needing longer to settle back to normal this time. but I think I may keep testing until its negative.
thanks to everyone thats asked after me and given me advice, I do appreciate it.

freelancegirl Sun 24-Mar-13 08:31:56

I had a loss over 12 weeks too Cartoon and it definitely felt like the fall out lasted a bit longer - clots etc for several weeks and then just as I'd stopped bleeding - a wtf cycle. But after that a normal cycle and then pregnant again quite quickly. It's not fun bleeding all that time - make sure you get your iron levels checked.

freelancegirl Sun 24-Mar-13 08:33:41

Kittens - I forgot to ask, do you know what flavour baby you're having or will it be a surprise? I hope your story and struggles are inspiration as something of a long-timer success story on here.

sarlat Sun 24-Mar-13 09:29:05

Hello Ladies

I normally hang out with the lovely girls on ttc 10+. But I wonder if I could trouble you for some advice.

I have been ttc for 3 years and I am 33. BFP first month of trying followed by early miscarriage. No pregnancy since. I was diagnosed with mild tubal damage with no reason other than the miscarriage as the cause and very mild endo too.

I had 1 round of IVF last year which was a BFN follwed by 2 further FET'S all BFN's despite high quality blastocysts. The Dr was sure I woud get a baby out of one of them. sad

I have just applied to CARE for possibly further IVF and for the chicago and other immue tests. I had a lap in January which removed some peritubal adhesions which I am hoping may have increased my natural chances slightly. However I am worried about immune issues affecting implantation. There has been many a month when I have thought I was feeling implantation.

I know I am a candidate based on Dr Beers book for immune treatment (multiple failed IVF transfers, miscarriage, endo, tubal damage) and I think these tests will be a good move. But I am having a hard time believing they will make a real difference because there is so little evidence out there.

So ladies, would you mind telling me about your experiences. Have there been more successes on this thread due to the pred or other treatments? Do you think I might have immune implantation issues? Is it possible to take immune meds during natural cycles rather than with IVF? Anyone here at Sheffield CARE?

Thank you for your time.

This thread is not accepting new messages.