Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

fish88 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:31:51

Congratualtions Notso! How long are you planning on keeping your little secret? I think I would find it hard to restrain myself from running down the street shouting the news, never mind OH! You must have great self-control. grin

notsoold Thu 14-Feb-13 20:38:20

Gary....I remember some of the gals there as I have been o this thread for so llllooooonnnggg!!!

Blondies....difficult to know isn't it??? How many weeks are you???Please do remind me...

Rocks...loitering is the word!!!

Bear...naughty bear™!!!! I trademarked for you! I didn't tell dh and shall not do so for a while longer ( the plan was not to say anything until 12 scan...but can I keep quiet???) Sorry for ertd!!! However well done on CP.

Quark sorry for ertd.....

notsoold Thu 14-Feb-13 20:46:12

Fish as I said to bear I had planned not to say anything for as long as possible. The last two times besides the loss of the pregnancies I also had to deal with dh, that mourns them so deeply... And that was even more stress. However I don't know what the symptoms will ( hopefully ) be...as for getting fatter dh is in another world...and I am not slim smile
But valentines night without saying anything was easy as our teenager ds talks for Britain.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations.... Fx for us all xxx

notsoold Thu 14-Feb-13 21:17:19

Bear I am 4+5...so really early days...smile

notso That's about the same as me I'm 5 weeks tomorrow by lmp, but probably only 4+3 by when I think I ov'd (although by that got a bfp 10dpo!) so who really knows! smile

Sorry to tell u ladies but time is going even slower than in the 2ww!

Rockchick1984 Fri 15-Feb-13 12:11:34

Blondies I'm 5 weeks today - got my BFP ridiculously early which is why I couldn't quite believe it! Kept testing but now the 2 lines appear virtually at the same time so am trying to not test any more smile

Bearface Fri 15-Feb-13 13:02:51

I have everything crossed for you, Notso and I can see why you wouldn't want to tell DH with your previous experiences. Bless you and your little bean. x

Loiter away Rock!

I think we may have had a leetle breakthrough. Dh came home yesterday and said that he thinks he needs to get something done to the varicose vein in his left testicle. He's always had it and saw docs about it when he was much younger and they said it would be fine and nothing needed to be done. Bless him, he's been doing research and found out that it can affect your sperm production and motility because it prevents the sperm from being kept cool. (Not sure exactly why - article didn't explain that.) Apparently it's a really common cause of male infertility that's just not very well known. So he's got a doctor's app on Tues and he's going to mention it then. He might have to have it clipped, or a stent put in or removed - ouch! - and he said that he was willing to go through the pain if it got us a baby. Phew - feeling quite overcome at how much I love him for being willing to possibly go through surgery for us. blush

It would all make sense though, as his results came back from the SA as his sperm having borderline low motility.

Anyway, that's what I've found out. Busy doing my application form and drinking too much coffee and planning weekend pub trips while ERTD is here. There has to be some advantages, no? grin Hope everyone is well and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Bearface Fri 15-Feb-13 13:06:05

Just re-read my message and can't believe all my 'and then', 'and then' - my inner pedant is cringeing. I knOW most people don't care, but I teach English FFS! Oh and I have a problem with acronyms too. Don't worry; I'm seeking help from a psychiatrist in Loserville.

Bearface Fri 15-Feb-13 13:07:54

Forgot to say - thanks for the TM Notso - I will use it well!

notsoold Fri 15-Feb-13 14:34:15

Bear impressed with your dh as even as a woman the though of your dh procedure sounds painful...double ouch!!!
Rock and blondies glad you are here!!!

Hooya Sat 16-Feb-13 08:36:35

<sneaks back in, pats unicorn, instructs it to send more JSers to the grads thread>

notso congratulations grin <does quiet but still excitable bfp happydance> and all the very best of luck! Will really be thinking of you!

bear lovely about your dp, I have everything crossed things work out for you soon!

Rock and blondies I'm with you, can't believe that with ttc you wait and wait, then you get upduffed... and start waiting again!

Quark sorry about ERTD and Melody sorry you think it's coming though I am still hopeful for you based on no science whatsoever

Andie good for you on the proper JSing and hope it's a nice distraction from the job hunting!

cookie yay and boo re your sister, it's such an awful feeling when others get pg and you want to be 100% happy but just can't quite...

Hello to Fish, Cora Cleo crazy and Humpty and others I've probably missed, I don't think I've met any of you, I miss this thread!

Love reading that I'm not the only one who kept peeing on sticks after my bfp! I have 6 of the things in the bathroom cabinet blush however I have now substituted vomming for the reassurance of pee sticks! My DP is away this week and every call starts with me saying "spewed again, still upduffed!"

I will start lurking here more mostly to keep an eye on notso if no-one objects; we're all rooting for you lovely lady!

notsoold Sat 16-Feb-13 11:47:33

Hooya...thanks girl!!! When I feel safer I will come and join you in the ladies with a bump thread!! smilethanks for your support!!!
It is not going to be easy not tell dh for a while....and I poas this morning again...darker line within the right time....
Companies are making money on my need to peed on something.... smile
Have a good weekend people

I peed on another sensitive ic this morning notso! very dark line came up straight away, ordered 10, still have 5! I've told my dh but haven't "spoke" about due dates etc, after things didn't work out twice last year think we probably won't till after scan, don't know if I'll get offered an early one because of mmc, will see how I feel at mw appointment at 8 wks and may ask beg smile

notsoold Sat 16-Feb-13 13:14:54

Blondies....you see??? Someone somewhere worked out the amazing need we have to poas!!! Lol

I gave up my ic ( sensitives ones) as even now nothing shows on them.... I have done the superdrug ones and B&M ones all saying positive....might break into my digital next Saturday ( would be 6+0 then)....
I wondered about the early scan but will not phone them yet ....( don't want to jinx anything)....

Know what you mean about jinxing it, went wrong last time as soon as I had picked up notes from doc's and made mw app, I will be holding off as long as poss this time? x

cookielove Sat 16-Feb-13 19:34:19

Hello all <waves manically>

BFP's congratulations to notso flowers

Bear your DH, sounds so lovely smile

I was counting myself out this month, due to the little funk i was in last month, however if ERTD, is due to tomorrow so we shall see. I usually have a 25-27 cycle length. But i had extra long one last month, so i think i shall class that as a one off and assume my period will arrive in the next three days, assuming i am not up duffed.

Any who happy shagging all smile

Redshoes56 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:28:15

Will you lovely ladies let me back in after going rogue?! I really took seriously the whole "taking time off from TTC" thing. Back with a vengeance though! I see I have many, many pages of posts to catch up on <starting reading>....

Zumbasmyfave Sat 16-Feb-13 22:07:50

Hi everyone smile
Been admiring you all from a far for a few months but only just taken the plunge to register!

Name:Zumbasmyfave
DCs:None
TTC: Since dec 2012 but no AF yet & 2 BFN

Redshoes56 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:17:55

I think I am caught up! Congrats on the bfps notso, rock and blondies! Fingers crossed for smooth sailing for all of you. And welcome zumbas and everyone else I don't know yet.

I think prime time is this weekend so getting in lots of action. I leave Monday for a few days biz trip in Boston so I need to store up all the spermies like some pervy squirrel in case I ov while away. grin

bear, cookie -- this HAS to be our thread....

Name:Redshoes56
DCs:None
TTC:About 9 months

notsoold Sun 17-Feb-13 09:20:16

Redshoes....welcome back my lovely!!!

Morning everybody and...
Zumba...welcome!!!

cookielove Sun 17-Feb-13 09:55:17

Redshoes - fingers crossed you are right?

Bearface Sun 17-Feb-13 10:04:50

Hello Red <waves manically> I've been wondering how you are. Glad you are well. It's lovely to hear from you and your squirrelly ways! I do hope you're right about the thread . . .

Hi Zumba - nice to meet you.

Good luck Cookie!

Zumbasmyfave Sun 17-Feb-13 10:31:51

Morning! Nice to meet you too red notso and bear!
Congrats to notso!

Anyone work shifts? Both me and my DH do.. Tends to get in the way of JSing!

red what is pervy squirrel? I am intrigued!

xx

Redshoes56 Sun 17-Feb-13 17:40:35

Like a squirrel stores nuts in its cheeks, I will store something...else, somewhere...else. Gee, I just sound gross, forget perverted grin

DH and I both work 9ish to 5ish but we still have a hard time finding the time, you know? We are just tired all the time from work (and we want to introduce a kid into the mix?). Weekends are my favorite - lots of "afternoon delight - so I am glad when the calendar falls in my favor and ovulation isn't looming on like, a Wednesday evening.

One of my best girlfriends had her baby this weekend. We are off to the hospital today to see them, and their little daughter. I am curious to see how DH will react to being around all those babies! He'll either come out screaming or ready for JSing....

Bearface Sun 17-Feb-13 17:47:53

Good luck with the hospital visit Red! Hope you have a good time and that your friend is well.

I'm having a horrible ERTD with mahoosive cramps and having to change every couple of hours because of heavy flow (TMI - sorry!) so I am going to the pub to indulge in a bit of vino. Y'know I can take BFNs just and I can take periods, but the pain is just an extra slap in the face from Mother Ntaure. In fact, I reckon Mother Nature is a man masquerading as a woman - it just hurts too bloody much! So I HAVE to go to the pub just to dull the pain.

Hope everyone else has their capes flying in the breeze and are squirrelling away all those extra nuts - arf! blush grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.