Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

AQuarkTooFar Fri 29-Mar-13 14:54:39

Hello newbies and a happy Easter to every one! grin.

Shagging starts again in the Quark household this weekend! ERTD was baaad this time, fingers crossed for no more (for a while)!

Also joined weight watchers online this week. I weighed myself and almost died of shock. Probably why we have had no BFP yet. sad Hoping it helps!

cookielove Fri 29-Mar-13 16:53:51

Hey Quark when i was at my heaviest weight i almost cried, couldn't believe i had got to that weight and not really even noticed. Now looking back of photo's of me at the weight you can really see huge difference to what 2 and 1/2 stone looks like hmm so if you need any extra support i'm here for you. I am still trying to loose weight now want to get another 2 stone off.

Notso we won't throw you away, we want you to stay for as long as possible!!! grin

Nicelife24 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:27:46

Hi Im new to te site can I join?

I am ttc I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks then lost a baby girl at 21 weeks. I have been ttc for a yr now with no luck at all sad My cycles are long, but am currently trying not to obsess (cant spell tonight) I am taking multi vits and a few supliments without going ott, trying not ot do pee sticks, but trying to shag as much as possible lol Which is hard when your low and tired all the time, but sod it needs must!

Hope its ok to join and hello, bringing lots of baby dust with me for you all x

cookielove Fri 29-Mar-13 19:03:53

Hello Nicelife Welcome smile

Tis a great place to be this thread!!

AQuarkTooFar Fri 29-Mar-13 21:04:18

Aw cookie thanks that's good to hear. I l

AQuarkTooFar Fri 29-Mar-13 21:06:02

Argh stoopid phone! I look at photos now and hate myself. Congrats on the weight loss! You have done so well!

Hiya nicelife welcome to the thread!

AQuarkTooFar Fri 29-Mar-13 21:08:54

Right I think I am going to throw this fookin phone at the wall! Not even on the wine.

Nicelife I'm sorry to hear that you have had a rough time of ttc but hopefully this thread will bring you luck. Cheers for the baby dust!

Bearface Sat 30-Mar-13 11:27:50

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the long shagfest weekend! grin

Quark and Cookie - the best advice I was ever given (which is so simple really) is to focus on making healthier choices rather than on trying to lose weight and it does take the pressure off. I'd like to lose another 2 stone to be my ideal weight, but I do also focus on being fit and healthy more otherwise I would never get anywhere as I'd find it too depressing! I go to the gym lots and I do feel healthy. I eat properly and well, but I now just need to eat less!When I eventually get my new phone I'm going to get the WW app so I can track myself wherever I go.

Welcome Nicelife - sorry you've had such a rough time. Hopefully being on here will bring you some support and comfort, and you'll get your BFP soon.

Unfortunately I have had some bleeding/spotting last night and this morning and I am mid-cycle CD16 so I'm guessing it's anovulatory plus I haven't had a positive on the OPK either and I normally do sad We managed to DTD on the first day we could but I haven't been able to since then as I now have bloody thrush as well. This cycle is a bit of a write-off for me I think. hmm

Had a bit of meltdown about it all yesterday as DH got himself all stressed for no reason and then turned out when we wree talking about it that he blames himself and feels like he 'doesn't work properly', so had a big cry yesterday and now trying to enjoy the rest of the weekend. We're fine really, but I think the pressure builds up sometimes.

Anyway, have a lovely weekend one and all.

Bearface Sat 30-Mar-13 11:29:22

Sorry Quark - just read back and it looks like I copied your message to Nicelife - promise I didn't! It's nice to know we think the same though. smile

Hello Nicelife and welcome! Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough day yesterday bear, have an Easter Egg.
Quark and cookie I also need to lose about 2 stone - having a sedentary office job has done me no favours, I just eat all day. I have a friend who swears by SW - anyone tried it?
Happy Easter all! smile

jazzcat28 Sat 30-Mar-13 13:08:40

<walkes in and smiles at everyone>

Can I please join the JS gang? DH and I shagged without contraception last week for the first time - felt like being naughty teenagers! I came off the pill which I had been on for 10 years on 1st March. We had been abstaining to wait for my first ERTD but caved on Thursday blush So I guess this means we are TTC!

Bit worried about lack of ERTD but figured that we should just get shagging anyway cos it's a nice thing to do to get in practice

Am also on the WW 2013 thread and have lost 19lb since start of January, trying to get my BMI down in anticipation of getting up-duffed

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 13:51:28

Yes yes i do need to eat healthy that is one of my biggest flaws i just eat convenience food. Just ate a bag of wotsits and space raiders blush

Hello Jazz theres nothing wrong with caving early i would have wink

Dh has abandoned me this weekend to go play a board game hmm <yes i know, i married him> and i was planning to do some painting (canvas not walls) but lets see if i manage to get off the sofa!! <lazy>

coffeewineandchocolate Sat 30-Mar-13 15:59:41

Hi all. I'm not planning on using ov tests etc at the moment. I think it will just stress me out too much! My dh works away so we just acknowledging the days i am supposed to be just fertile and dtd as much as we can around them. We may change our tactics further down the line but ideally we wouldn't get a bfp until june at the earliest but we figured my cycles will need a while to regulate.

I lost 4 stone after having ds. I initially didit by healthy eating myself, then by ww but I've found the must successful way so far is with mfp as it allows me to eat what i want and i just calorie track.

I'm just trying not to change too much (bar taking my ttc vitamins) as don't wantto be miserable or put my body into shock haha

Nicelife24 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:31:17

I am at slimming world and you can see some of their site without joining and some of the recipes you can try free. I have just lost 2 stone with them, Its been pretty quick really. They have a motto at my group that says. Don't count the days but make the days count. I think its a great motto. Don't start a diet and count the time, but make each day count. Take each day as you get to it.

Rockchick1984 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:42:03

Slimming world is fab, and actually pretty easy to stick to! I lost a stone in 4 weeks while trying to lose my baby weight last time, and will be doing the same this time once MiniRock arrives! <slinks back to lurking>

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 19:52:09

God i can't believe i am asking this again, but i'm going to any way!!

A while back i was asking about which position is best for baby making and i really should have asked this question at the same time, but i guess my limit is one embarrassing question at a time blush

Any way to the question ...... After dtd i am pretty quick at getting up and sorting my self out and so i almost immediately wipe away the excess fluid now that we are ttc with more omph i've been lifting my bum a bit and usually after 10 - 15 mins going to sort myself out and i am still wiping away a lot of fluid. Now i figure i want to keep the fluid in me as much as possible right?? Should i really be wiping away fluid or should i be lying down longer, or does it not matter??

<going crazy with worry!!>

frogchops Sat 30-Mar-13 20:38:02

Delurking again to put cookie on the right shag track.
Every time we Dtd while TTC it was normal missionary etc, I think THE time was the same (remember I only Dtd twice in the month I got my bfp over ov time) I usually would get a pillow under my hips afterwards but this time I didn't and turned into my side and slept straight away (no wiping away, I know that's a bit gross, but the sex was actually bloody good that time, and I was knackered!) blushlol. It also happened to be the first time that I didn't care about any pillows/standing on my head/wiping etc, it was pretty relaxed so maybe that had something to do with it.

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 20:56:03

Cheers frogchops smile

Just in case you think i am crazy i posted this in conception to, although i know this is conception confused but on its own thread so it would get seen more.

frogchops Sun 31-Mar-13 09:27:27

Happy Easter.... Lets hope there's plenty of swimmers desperate for some egg over the weekend!

cookie to add to what frog said - the bit that drops out (self-grossing out alert) is the seminal fluid. The swimmers use this as a climbing rope/upside down slide, to 'launch' towards the cervix, then it falls back down. Like the bits of a rocket that aren't useful when the rocket gets high in the sky. So, whilst staying still for a bit after is probably erring on the side of caution, it isn't necessary. If a swimmer's going to make it, he'll make it if you dance the tango afterwards.

I'm on CD 29, no sign of ERTD, and am getting that POAS/PIAR urge strongly. No spotting, which I usually get by now. I should wait and use FMU tomorrow, shouldn't I?
Happy Easter all! smile

cookielove Sun 31-Mar-13 18:22:52

Humpty wow that is interesting and gross all at the same time grin

I'm sorry but i need to shout it POAS please and NOW blush

essie81 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:07:06

Happy Easter all! <hands out Lindt bunnies>

Ooh yes that is interesting and gross all at the same time, but something I have wondered about a bit as well as I like to mop up pretty swiftly too as I hate waking up a couple of hours later in a wet patch! Sorry tmi again!

I'm feeling a bit stressed and excited cos on friday we got an exchange date on our new house. Excited cos its an super house and we've been looking forever, stressed cos moving is the pits we are both up to our eyeballs at work, and the inlaws are already on about 'filling' the bedrooms. Like I need more pressure!

Humpty I think you should give in to the urge too!

I did PIAR, got a BFN, but still no ERTD - now CD 31. WTF is going on with my cycle? Off to Liverpool for a couple of days, don't all of you go getting BFPs while I'm there!

WingDefence Tue 02-Apr-13 16:22:10

Hi all! Just popped back from the grads thread to let you know that my JSing baby Faith Alexandra was born last Friday at 4:40am, 7lb 5oz!

I'd planned a home birth but she turned up extremely quickly, before the midwife arrived and also before the paramedic as DH had called 999 once we knew I was trying to push - we delivered her together in the bathroom with the advice of the 999 operator!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to Bear and anyone else who may have been on here last spring/summer. Keep up the JSing- it really does work and don't forget the key is frequency. I got my BFP the month after we JSed EOD (every other day) and I'm sure that's because I OVd later than I had previously thought so essentially the 2ww was when I should have always been JSing!

Right, best head off. Good luck all! wine

Cate29 Tue 02-Apr-13 16:46:06

Congratulations, WingDefence! No...I don't know you from here, but thought I'd say congrats anyway flowers What an exciting story!

Other ladies worrying about, ahem, mopping up afterwards... have you though of slipping on an old pair of knickers with a pad/pantyliner? Not much movement, but not much mess either.

This thread is not accepting new messages.