Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

Bearface Wed 27-Feb-13 10:06:25

Oooo Humpty - sounds well, promising! wink

How are you doing today Notso and Frog? Hope the docs appt goes well Frog.

Andie - no, no news on the job yet. I'm really hoping that they get back to me today as I'm away for the weekend from Thursday, so wouldn't have that long to prepare for an interview, but I do have a day off today, so could do my prep today. Also, would love just to be shortlisted of course! Good luck with your pre-employment training. Sorry you've got to go boring with your hair. I think sometimes people forget you can still look smart with an alternative and individual look.

We're back into JSing. I've not been very well and still feeling a bit crusty with cold, so slept for nearly 9 1/2 hours last night! I like my sleep anyway, but I also slept for a couple of hours when I got home from work yesterday too. Must be a bit more run down than I thought.

With JSing DH says he has good feelings about it all and that we might get a result soon. This is based on absolutely no scientific fact or anything really, but I'm willing to go with it!

frogchops Wed 27-Feb-13 12:44:10

Morning viroids.
Drs appt was ok, he thought as mrs bri said that it was just ligament stretching, although he did have a poke around and it hurt when he pressed. Said he couldn't feel my uterus though when I asked....this has worried me as I'd've thought u should be able to see it let alone feel the dam thing. ??? Anyway I have a note for a week for horrible pains that come and go...

Rockchick1984 Wed 27-Feb-13 13:05:31

Frog how far along are you? Uterus doesn't usually pop out of the pelvis until 12 weeks or so, no need to worry unless you're a lot further along that that smile

frogchops Wed 27-Feb-13 13:19:38

Am 10+3 so not passed the magic 12 yet, but I see lots of ladies talk about their bumps and little pokey bits at 11 ish wks. I want one. If only just to feel like there's something there!

frog does 10+3 mean ten weeks plus 3 days? (ignorant smiley)

Had a dull day today - working so bloody hard, this is AWFUL, but I want to get upduffed to have a reason to take it easy! I don't mean I think preg/mat leave is a skive, just a reason for me to make myself leave work on time and not fuss if housework isn't done, IYSWIM.
Hum ho, upwards and upwards...

frogchops Wed 27-Feb-13 18:19:07

Humpty, yes 10 wk 3 days. Iswym about taking things easier....and I'm just starting to listen to my own body, it tells me to slow down much more now. In fact I could've just self certed myself a few days off with cramps this week,but I got a note for a week, its not often I think about me rather than work.

cookielove Wed 27-Feb-13 22:47:32

Hello hello hello, DH has gone away sad for 6 days!!!!!

I am not meant to be sad, but really WHYYYYYYYYY??

Silver lining, i get the bed to myself (yay)

Still no ERTD, i tested this morning and there was no result, but when i came home this evening over 10 hours later it appeared to be a negative sad so really not sure whats going on with me.

Rockchick1984 Wed 27-Feb-13 23:20:19

cookie are you still testing with IC's? It may be worth investing in a posh test just in case you have a dodgy batch? If still a negative I think I'd be going to the dr to figure out where ERTD has gone visions of Dr with a treasure map and binoculars

Redshoes56 Thu 28-Feb-13 03:30:38

Sorry to hear about ERTD, Andie. And sorry you aren't feeling well, bear. Sending thanks!

Cookie I have to agree with Rock - maybe get some new tests in case the ones you have are defective, before sending in search and rescue crews. And enjoy having that bed to yourself.

Humpty that line of thinking is not awful, at least I don't think it is, because I feel the same way! Imagine leaving on time without guilt! And surely maternity leave is NOT three months "off" but least it's three months away from the office.

Nothing too exciting to report from Camp Shoes. About to launch a string of complaints, though, none of which constitute as symptom spotting wink: Horrible heartburn (normal for me), twinge-y boobs (also not unusual pre-ERTD), exhaustion (understandable, balancing work and master's studies). I have a weird lumpy feeling in my throat (hope I am not getting sick) and am freezing cold. Wah wah wah. OK, pity party over.

cookielove Thu 28-Feb-13 15:50:57

Rock and Red yes i am still testing with IC, will have a look at the finances to see if i can fork out for a more expensive test, although i am babysitting 3 times in the next couple of days, so should be able to get something for Sunday if ERTD hasn't come by then.

See now i am thinking that my periods have started to change and have longer cycles not sure why, but maybe my body is wierd confused so i am not really late yet!!

Fingers crossed now that i have a dodgy batch!!

Andie sad sorry you came on, so are you still in the running for the job!?! or am i confused about this!?!!

Bear your dh sounds lovely!!

frog glad the appointment went ok smile

Am 2 days off due with ERTD, but was feeling so confident that I was upduffed this morning that I P'dOAS. BFN. Bloody buggery boo.
Obvs will POAS again tomorrow and Saturday if no witch, but I had such a good feeling this month. Bloody bumheads.

cookielove Thu 28-Feb-13 20:41:14

Ok i must have had a mental block, for some reason if i think my period is changing wierdly to 39 days, (a big jump from 25-27) then it wouldn't be the 9th it would be 3rd, so i am gonna try and hold out to then to test again, or see if ERTD shows it's ugly nasty head!!

Witch got me today (1 day early) so I'm out, but never mind. Had an awesome driving lesson (first one since failing test) so feeling sunny about the world! Hope everyone well, fx for cookie.

Zumbasmyfave Fri 01-Mar-13 21:42:29

Fingers crossed Cookie
congrats frog
Sorry to hear ERTD caught up with ya Humpty Well done on the driving lesson. I only passed my test last year- HATED learning to drive!

Latest with me, still no sign of ov I don't think confused Or AF.. 3 months now. Keeding up the regular JSing any-hoo! Hmph..

Happy weekend all

cookielove Fri 01-Mar-13 23:01:09

I think I am having a mental break down, for several reasons

1) cd 39 is actually tomorrow

2) I completly forgot it was pay day thurs and have been worrying about making it to the end of the month confused

3) I cried like a baby watching 'mary and martha' and then I watched 'when vacations attack' and also cried hmm

Humpty sorry the witch got you but yay for the lesson.

cookielove Sat 02-Mar-13 17:52:17

Hello all, me again just wanted to say that i think ERTD has got me, so i guess that means that my cycle length has increased.

Well i'll be able to confirm for sure tomorrow as i am just wiping and its pink so we shall see.

Redshoes56 Sat 02-Mar-13 21:16:28

Ah hell, humpty and cookie, ERTD here too so we can suffer together! Nice work on the lesson, humpty!

I am sitting here like a total crank, eating cookies, while working on a paper. Second to last class, MBA ceremony two months from tomorrow. I can do this, I can do this....

Everyone has been inordinately quiet, hope that you're all having a lovely weekend smile

cookielove Sun 03-Mar-13 11:19:07

It has been so quiet, feel like i am rambling on to myself!! smile

Well i am still in the unknown land bought a digital pregnancy test yesterday, but ERTD never really came, i wiped pink twice yesterday and then nothing else, checked this morning and there was nothing so i thought i would test!!

NOT PREGNANT sad

oh well what to do, think i will try and hold off till Friday now to test again.

Rockchick1984 Sun 03-Mar-13 11:59:15

Cookie give it until partway through the week, but if still no ERTD or BFP I'd get a Dr's appointment personally - it's a big change in your cycle if you've gone from an average length to 40+ day cycle! although less periods each year smile Digi tests aren't the best for picking up lower levels of HCG though, if still nothing in a few days I'd go for a first response.

Sorry to hear about ERTD Red

Where's everyone gone??? Thread is sooooo quiet!!

cookielove Sun 03-Mar-13 12:19:15

Thanks Rock i will go find a shop that sells first response tomorrow, and if nothing happens i will go to the doctor!!

Yes <shouts> COME BACK EVERYBODY blush

cookielove Sun 03-Mar-13 13:01:52

Ok, more cramping now (had none up to this morning) and wiped more pink!! Still no actual blood but i am sure its coming my way!! sad

Rockchick1984 Sun 03-Mar-13 17:10:26

Implantation smile

I'm still lurking! smile Got midwife mon, am 7+1 today, time is going sooooooooo slowly! Am hoping I might get an early scan, but we will see, keep shagging ladies, got my fingers crossed for u all xx

Redshoes56 Sun 03-Mar-13 18:28:41

Sorry cookie sad - if its ERTD, let's hope next month is our month! And bear's. And everyone else on this thread!

Going to visit my girlfriend's new little one today. We never did end up seeing her in the hospital because she wasn't quite ready for visitors, and then I was away on business. Looking forward to it. For now, I still have my kitties (the fat orange one is resting his head on my lap as I type)....

Redshoes56 Sun 03-Mar-13 18:29:35

Hiya threeblondies! Glad to see you here and that things are going well!

This thread is not accepting new messages.