Brooking NO ARGUMENT that those BFPs are on the way

(1000 Posts)
SweetieTime Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:02

Not started a new Fred before but hope it is successful for us as we are going to get our BFPs, either by traditional rat smacking activities or using the power of medical science.

Ladies I do declare WE WILL GET THERE - FACT !!!

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 21-Feb-13 19:29:02

I got all excited this evening as MrB told me there was a letter writing for me fromthevlocal health authority - you can guess what I thought it was.
No it was a letter inviting me for a smear test, oh yippee another appointment that involves me removing my pants!

Actually when we saw the Dr for our first (and only appointment) he offered to do my smear test as it was almost due, but couldn't as I was on Cd2

Anyway in answer to your question * solars* we've been waiting since the beginning of January for an IVF appointment

Soph80 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:12:39

ah beedles hopefully you won't need to wait too much longer. Have you had any IUIs? We're on the waiting list for that x

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 21-Feb-13 20:20:18

soph i think MrB's sperm count is too low for IUI to be any use for us, so we're going straight to IVF. Do you know how much longer you'll have to wait?

SweetieTime Fri 22-Feb-13 07:59:38

Keep how you doing, any symptoms you may need help with?

Solars am in awe at your Gok connection. Are your cousins super stylish from knowing Gok?

Beedle I had to have smear before could start ivf so just think of it as another step in the right direction

Scarlett sorry that your body has decided to work against you. will it really mess up timings if af arrives early? strangely I enjoyed jabbing, well as much as you can, as I felt I was actually doing something.

hrt is ok, feel a bit up and down but I could be blaming hrt when I would have been like it anyway. I have put weight on and feel bloated but again that might be increased chocolate intake while feeling down in dumps. I have a night out with girls tonight so have bought a new dress and am off for my nails doing this afternoon. I am really looking forward to catching up with everyone.

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Feb-13 09:56:12

Your night out sounds good sweetie Sorry you've been a bit in the dumps, I hope your night out and the pampering beforehand makes you feel a bit better.

I was out at a friend's for dinner on Wed and then playing (indoor) beach volleyball last night with work. I'm suffering a bit with aching shoulders and sore arms this morning but it was lots of fun. I'm trying to make more of an effort to go out and be socialable as I think we were starting to be a bit boring! MrB is out with friends this evening so its a good thing we see each other at work!

I don't think keep is ignoring us, isn't she away at the beach with visitors this weekend. Though obviously that's no excuse not to up date us with her latest symptoms grin

ScarlettInSpace Fri 22-Feb-13 10:27:47

Thanks everyone - I feel a little less like it's the end of the world today! I think it's the general feeling of out-of-control-ness, that no matter what plans I lay down they are all in the hands of the gods ateotd, makes me feel like my efforts are entirely futile hence the despair yesterday. [and possibly a good wedge of pmt hormones in the mix as well!] Plus I really wanted to stuff my face with stodge... I didn't though, I resolutely stuck to the detox plan and I'm proud of myself, that's the first time I've beaten my carb-comfort blanket!

I went to get my drugs, and called into see the nurses about what to do if I come on today or tomorrow as I expect. She said if its today then call them and they will do the scan tomorrow morning and I will start jabbing straight away, if it is Saturday or Sunday then call first thing Monday and I will get a same day appt and start then, so only 1 day early wink Big Brooking ladies, someone put up the spikes around my house so the witch is held at bay for at least another 24 hours!!! I really want to have one last weekend of normality and a glass or two of red tomorrow eve

My mum seems to think this curve ball is a good thing, something to do with nature taking control & it being a good omen my mother is clearly nuts though

Ooooooh and we have wifi again, pathetic how much I depend on it!

TFI Friday grin

ControlGeek Fri 22-Feb-13 11:22:35

<wakes up just long enough to pop in and give scarlett a huge hug> I'm so sorry your body is messing you around, I really hope it's just because it's rallying around and trying to show you that it does know what to do and will give you great results this time.

Sorry for radio silence here, I've spent pretty much my entire time sleeping, just waking up for a bit of food now and then. I'm hoping for a painkiller free day today, and possibly even (excitement of excitements) my first post-op shower!

thiking of you all <brooking evven in my sleep>

keepitgoing Fri 22-Feb-13 11:35:42

Hhi girlies, am away, so just a quick one. I will be testing in the morning as instructed by doc, but v not hopeful. Large, sore boobies from the hurt (snap with sweetie). Along with Scarlett I need AF to stay away another 36 hours or so. Thanks for the brooking.

BTW am not at the beach this time no beaches in Laos smile

sweetie have you called to ask what the hold up is? Not that great for the donor either... Have a good night out.

Scarlett, my dearest ivf buddy. I too am finding freaking out about AF timing is not fun. She is just an awkward cow. But even if she does arrive today you can still enjoy the weekend, and you'll get your bfp two days earlier. Win/win.

Gotta go mil is not helping stress levels

geek glad you're OK xxx

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 11:36:46

<waddles in, fluffs up Geeks pillows, gentle hug, leaves a brew and fluffy clean towels> good to see you smile hope you feel better soon thanks

Morning everyone else smilesmile gosh a lot of you seem to be at the mercy of appointment systems at the moment, brooking that each and every one of you get your letters/phone calls this week and get on the way to your [ironic] BFP's!!

<fashions defence from pipe cleaners and bendy straws blue peter style>
<covers said structure with toilet roll and PVA glue art attack style>
<places art work around chez Scarlett and leaves Otis to stand guard>

I'd like to see AF get through that Scarlett grin

Hope you're on the mend Geek it's great you're getting lots of rest.

Hope you have a lovely night tonight Sweetie it's much deserved.

Beedle your poor arms. I'm glad you had fun though. Just what the dr orders in these circumstances.

Solars I too am jealous of the Gok connection. Amazing grin

Massive cross post there Keep and Boo

Keep I'm keeping everything crossed for your test. Brooking extra hard.

Boo how are you doing?

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 13:39:50

Hiya Maybe me and booby are doing ok, 30 weeks and counting smile there has been talk of inducing at 38+ weeks because of the GD, and I probably won't be allowed to go over my due date, so 8-10 weeks left shock

Woohoo!! Not long now Boo is this an unidentified booby? I honestly don't know where the time has gone!

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 14:26:43

It is indeed an UBB smile I think the time has gone fast and slow if that makes sense, being on the last lap already seems impossible but my holiday (we found out the day we got back) and the bells palsy (I had at the same time as my BFP) feel like they were years ago, and the next 8 weeks are either going to crawl or fly by!!!!

CruCru Fri 22-Feb-13 19:47:36

Hi all

Wow, thanks for the updates. Make sure you take all your painkillers, Geek, you won't do yourself any favours by skipping them.

I had my scan and there was a heartbeat so it is good news. Am now 7+3 now. Still taking shitloads of drugs.

Love to you all

CruCru

ScarlettInSpace Sat 23-Feb-13 07:50:15

maybe not sure if it was otis or the threatening pipe cleaners but so far its done the trick, the witch hasn't landed at chez scarlett yet so we are kinda back on schedule grin

ScarlettInSpace Sat 23-Feb-13 07:51:12

i love a schedule me

I knew it would do the trick scarlett grin hope you have a nice day planned with the SKs.

Cru that's amazing news!

Boo I remember you having the Bell's palsy as if it were yesterday! Would you like the next 8 weeks to go fast or slow?!

BeedlesPineNeedles Sat 23-Feb-13 08:28:09

Excellent news scarlett , who knew that pipe cleaners could keep AF away. I shall start building my defences right away.

Yippee for the heartbeat cru thanks

Wow boo only 8 weeks till we meet booby

Its a lovely sunny day here so we're gong out for a long walk later through the forest.

NewYearNewBoo Sat 23-Feb-13 10:02:14

Scarlet how lately that the pipe cleaners and otis have kept you on schedule smile

Geek hope you are doing ok today brewthanks

If we could possibly arrange the 8 weeks to go quite quickly that would be good for me smile getting a bit impatient now as well as waddles, aching hips

Morning everyone else, hope you are all ok today and ready for a lovely weekend. <leaves whole grain toast, fruit and brew>

ControlGeek Sat 23-Feb-13 11:22:12

Good morning ladies!

cru that is the most amazing, fantastic news! I love a good story of a heartbeat. You are proper diffed now lovely!

soph good luck for your IUI, do you know how long your waiting list is?

beedle grrrr at the letter. After everything you've been through, a smear will be nothing. I can't remember my FSH level either, it was possibly 6.9 but that could have been something completely different. Given it was almost 9 months ago that all my tests were taken they'll probably want to take them all over again anyway.

solars I too am in awe of you knowing someone who knows Gok! Back in the days (long long ago) when I used to have a tv it was about the only show I'd bother watching.

scarlett brooking that AF stays away, who knew pipecleaners could be so powerful eh? Note to self, put pipecleaners on the shopping list. Hope you have a lovely time with the SKs and are able to have a you & DP day on Sunday as planned.

sweetie how did your night out with the girls go? A new dress and having your nails done sounds like a guaranteed recipe for fun.

keep I'm all confused with the time difference (again) so not sure if you have tested yet, or if it is still to come. Either way, brooking that this is the one for you my lovely.

boo soooo pleased to hear you and booby are doing well, but I simply can't believe so much time has gone by. It doesn't feel that long ago to me that you were worried because you couldn't move your face, and would soon be going on holiday. So, just 8 weeks or so now madam! Am. Az. Ing.

I'm feeling a little more human today, the swelling/bloating from the gas they put in has started to go down, but that's left me more sore than I've felt in the last few days. At least I am awake today though! No plans for today other than chilling out, checking my mail and reading my kindle. Hopefully there will be lots of coffee headed my way, too smile Fx next week I'm starting to feel more my normal self. I couldn't imagine having to go back to work feeling like I do at the moment!

Yay for the scan Cru

AF is currently having a lovely time with me so I'll try to hold onto her for a few more days. Coincidentally, I don't have any pipe cleaners in the house...

ScarlettInSpace Sat 23-Feb-13 20:48:20

geek hopefully today was the worst, and you're over it now my love x

boo I can't believe you're due in 8 weeks <takes huge gulp of post-detox pre-IVF red wine>

Oooooh btw speaking of detox I lost half a stone and an inch of my waist grin

maybe we've had a lovely day today, thank you, we went to the Harry potter studios then out for tea, you?

beedle sunny walk in the forest, sounds lovely!

keep wheeeeere aaaaasarre yooooooouuuuu cycle buddy?!

rubber that ain't no coincidence wink we have actually found the actual cure for AF and beardy pipe smoking men knew the answer along...

Following my <now mildly embarrassing> meltdown on Thursday, I have had nothing since yesterday spotting wise. Nowt nada eff all. Not even after a <TMI> root around.

So we are probably off schedule again as due date for CD1 is tomorrow [sigh]

NewYearNewBoo Sat 23-Feb-13 20:57:24

Hey Scarlet I think I found that half stone stuck to my arse when I looked in the mirror grin

Wasn't Keep supposed to be testing today?? Where are you, hope you're ok.

Geek you can only get better!! It won't be long till Mr G puts the goat weed to use wink

Scarlett I am pretty sure that AF has never visited beardy pipe smoking men so I think we are definitely onto something

This thread is not accepting new messages.