Brooking NO ARGUMENT that those BFPs are on the way

(1000 Posts)
SweetieTime Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:02

Not started a new Fred before but hope it is successful for us as we are going to get our BFPs, either by traditional rat smacking activities or using the power of medical science.

Ladies I do declare WE WILL GET THERE - FACT !!!

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 15-Feb-13 05:46:54

Sorry I've been awol for a bit, just been quite busy at work and trying not o think about ttc

Anyway the news of a sneeze birth on fb has bought me back, it really doesn't seem like 8 months since tripe whammy Friday, clearly its time for another one. Anyone testing in a week or so? ??? grin

geek sounds like you had lovely evening last night grin Hope you don't feel too rough this morning.

Welcome lll my vote is for POAS

Fab news on the scan face

Right now I need to get ready for work, so I'll try to catch up a bit better later

Leaves cupcakes for everyone and some alka seltzer for geek

keepitgoing Fri 15-Feb-13 14:33:32

beedle!!!! What's new with you? Appointment? Rat smacking, your cycles are so short they whizz round...

Me and Scarlet are due our ironic last-minute-pre-ivf bfps next weekend...

ControlGeek Fri 15-Feb-13 19:02:50

Hey beedle we've missed you - great to see you around again. Sorry to hear work has been busy for you too.

laughing so when are you testing??

cartoon did I say congrats on your latest scan results? If not sorry and congrats, to both you and blob!!

So, pre-op went well, had a couple of vials of bloods taken, blood pressure, weight etc. Oh ladies I embarrassed myself - or at least I would have if I had any shame left in me! The nurse needed to take swabs to test for MRSA. She needed to take a swab from my nostrils (so far so good), then she said 'I'll need one from your groin too'. Well, I've been poked, prodded and stared at more times than I can count, so I shamelessly stood up there and then, in the middle of the room, hoiked my dress up and pulled my tights and knicks down. Then the nurse said 'Oh I don't need to see all that, I just need this little bit of skin right here!' and took a swab from practically the middle of my thigh! blush

I did manage to make it clear that I didn't want the ovarian drilling, and the nurse made a note, but she said I'd get to see the consultant before the operation anyway so I should just get him to confirm that it has been removed from the procedure list.

We got on to talking about IVF in general, and I'm sure it was just a throw-away comment, but the nurse said 'oh, no-one ever catches on the first time anyway' hmm

So that's it, Monday afternoon I'll get booked in and the job's a good'un. MOT and full service please!

Soph80 Fri 15-Feb-13 20:16:53

Hi ladies!

Geek - hows the non-drinking going? I almost poured myself a glass earlier!!!!
did have to lol at the groin test! Although an easy mistake to make!

ControlGeek Fri 15-Feb-13 20:28:28

soph I had a bit of a blip last night (1.5 pints of beer and half a bottle of red wine's worth of a blip!) but back to decaf coffee and tomato juice now. Not in the same glass, obviously! Do feel free to have my alcohol though - I've made MrG hide my remaining cans of beer so I can't tempt myself.

Soph80 Fri 15-Feb-13 20:49:30

ah don't beat yourself up over it, we all do it! anyway, we should stop talking about that as I have a cold bottle of white in the fridge that I;m trying not to think about! I've cut my caffeine down to 1 cup a day but have found I'm much more sensitive to caffeine when I drink it. I indulged in a bottle of diet coke yesterday and was bouncing round the office and had a terrible nights sleep!

Solars Fri 15-Feb-13 21:19:30

Hi Beedle hope you're doing ok

I was hoping to see an update from you Geek so pleased to hear your pre-op went well. I think I would have done the same about the groin too blush I have no shame these days with undressing in front of strangers! Of course people catch on the first time, don't you listen to that nurse, even if that was the case the NHS should be offering more then the one ivf go everywhere then, hmmmm! Good luck for Monday and make sure you make it clear to the consultant about the ovarian drilling.

Did you poas LLL?

Keep how are you doing? Any symptoms to report?

Solars Fri 15-Feb-13 21:21:04

Pressed send too early....how are you doing Soph where are you in your cycle?

Soph80 Fri 15-Feb-13 22:28:06

solars - I'm good thanks. I'm on the IUI waiting list! I'm having to 'pretend' I'm not still taking the clomid though (even though consultant knows) as she can't suggest both!!!! My progesterone was sky high apparently so shes reduced my hypothetical clomid. I'm currently 2DPO. Doc said she was almost certain I'd produced more than one egg last month (even though I've not been scanned) so that should be the same for this month as I've not been able to reduce them yet.

How about you? xxx

keepitgoing Sat 16-Feb-13 03:29:16

geek if I had a sore throat I'd prob whip my pants off grin glad it all went well, and you can chill this weekend. I hate the term 'catch' BTW. Also, on the egg buddies thread there are people successful first time, so there.

soph sorry to bang on about this but do try and get a scan. You may have had two eggs but a thin lining, which would give you no chance to get preg. Will you be doing medicated iui, and when will you start?

No symptoms, solars, 7dpo/iui. Sigh.

Ooh girls, I've taken up yoga! It was good bloody hot as they just opened windows no a/c

Am going to enjoy no clinic appts for the next ten day - last weekend three days in a row...

Solars Sat 16-Feb-13 09:10:04

I'm a big yoga addict fan, Keep At my first class in Darwin I fainted blush 35 degree heat, no a/c, only high ceiling fans and the doors open for a bit of cross wind, hmmmm. No symptoms = pg!

Soph I'm good just waiting for my consultation for my next round of ivf. I agree with Keep you really should get scanned to see what clomid is doing for you, I guess if you're not officially on it then the doc won't do it anyway. Fingers crossed though.

We're off a little later to see family, hope everyone has a good weekend x

keepitgoing Sat 16-Feb-13 10:57:42

Have fun solars, is it with pg sil? Grr.

soph if you are taking the clomid without Dr's knowledge so won't get a scan, I guess you could go private for c£100? It's just that potentially otherwise you could be 'wasting' months of time... I'll stop now.

Been to see die hard 5. Not my choice...

I have sore shoulders today, solars, not sure from what pose. The breathing thing is weird, huh? How often do you go? How long do you think till I see an improvement in flexibility? Some of those in the 'beginners' class were vv bendy. Are you?

ControlGeek Sat 16-Feb-13 11:05:38

solars and keep have you read about the lastest craze in America? It's called extreme yoga or something along those lines - they crank the heat up to stupid temperatures, then do the yoga! Crazy people...

soph I gave up caffeine a few years ago, and noticed that the majority of my migraines went away almost immediately. I find it easier to have no caffeine at all than to try and keep track of how much I have had. That way, if I'm particularly flagging at work one day, I can safely have a 'proper' cup of coffee without worrying. I'm not really a cold soft drinks person which probably makes it easier.

keep I too have an intense dislike for the word catch in that context. I think I visibly winced when she said it! It's not a bloody disease, you can't 'catch' pregnancy!

Archery today, then cracking on getting the house tidy again. Oh the exciting lives we lead!

keepitgoing Sat 16-Feb-13 12:43:43

Wish you could bloody catch it, I'd have two babies by now I know so many preggos...

<wafts self about in the hope that other brookers will 'catch' pregnancy>
happy Saturday! I'm having a pub lunch not quite the same though sans alcohol. oh well.

Withalittlesparkle Sat 16-Feb-13 13:02:03

I hate the term catch too, and fall!! I hate "we fell pregnant" like they were walking along, tripped over and then oops they were pregnant!!

keepitgoing Sat 16-Feb-13 13:10:55

I trip over lots... Agree, sparks.

face its better with no alcohol!! Cos you're a day closer to your baby.

As are we all, in fact!

I know how careless of us sparks

true keep you are right. and its the best reason to not be able to drink.
is anyone poas any time soon?

NewYearNewBoo Sat 16-Feb-13 13:36:24

<breathes all over the brookers and tries to leg up anyone passing> anyone 'caught' or 'fallen' yet?? grin I agree it is a really stupid thing to say!!

keepitgoing Sat 16-Feb-13 13:47:24

Also hate
'I only have to look at him and I get pregnant'. Really.
'I have/he has super sperm'. This is like me going round saying 'yes, I'm naturally thin' or, untrue, 'aren't I gorgeous'

Hmm, at this rate I'll have to join the BESH!

NewYearNewBoo Sat 16-Feb-13 13:52:40

Nooooooooo Keep you is a brooker init, no besh nonsense for you!!!!!!

keepitgoing Sat 16-Feb-13 14:03:22

Don't fret boo. I ain't going nowhere till I move to the grade thread!

ControlGeek Sat 16-Feb-13 14:06:49

Oh god yy to the super sperm/only have to look at him comments.

keep no way are you a besh, you are not a gin girl!

what the feck is besh?!

This thread is not accepting new messages.