TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

CJP350 Mon 22-Apr-13 19:25:26

Hi new joiners, pleased I'm not the only newbie on here! DD87, Bikay, Percy Piglets and 3littlebirds (soz if I've missed anyone) sounds like we can share stories here rather than spill the beans to friends and family. My Mum does know I'm trying but hardly any friends do. Fingers crossed it'll happen soon for us all and we can share the good news!

DisneyDiva87 Tue 23-Apr-13 14:00:24

You forgot me CJP grin(

I mustn't have shouted loud enough waves frantically can you see me now?

I have told 1 friend who is also TTC I wanted one of my close friends to know in case things don't go to plan. Hubby seems to be telling everyone I've had to tell him to stop telling people and defining that friends are still people.

I'm so excited! For myself and you guys!

CJP350 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:22:15

DD87, I abbreviated you...sorry! I also just accidently hit 'report' on a post, sorry again. Not having a good day here!! My hubby's the total opposite. He wants it all top secret and I'm struggling to keep it that way!!

Thisisfreakingmeout Thu 25-Apr-13 00:43:03

Agreed everyone. I have had some, urn, impertinent comments from MIL over the last two years. At that time it was her son that wasn't ready to go. Now he is, her nagging is still hurtful at times. I'm sure if and when we get our BFP she'll just move on to so etching else! Still over a week to wait to test. A g o n i s i n g . . .

DisneyDiva87 Thu 25-Apr-13 10:19:27

Ah ok grin) I didn't recognise myself, I now know that DD87 is me! Sorry!

I'm finding it easy enough to keep quiet about TTC but once I find out I'm pregnant I'll be wanting to tell everyone as soon as I know.

Percypiglet Thu 25-Apr-13 19:13:03

Hi thisisfreakingmeout, my bane of my life is my own mother, not mil... but i agree the nagging is really hurtful. I think she'd be upset if she realised that she was puttng her foot in it all of the time. Keep hanging on!

TheSlug Wed 01-May-13 09:21:59

Hi Ladies... haven't been on here for a while, been a bit busy (shagging grin) but AF was due Friday and still no sign... am I allowed to be scared??? we've agreed to not test until Friday (one week late), if it were up to DH, we would wait a little longer to test but my birthday's Monday so need to see if I can have a big one or not. eeeek... x

DisneyDiva87 Wed 01-May-13 09:29:09

What about a wee sneaky test Slug? DH doesn't have to know about it...

Although Friday is only 2 days away so at least it's not too long a wait if you do decide to.

TheSlug Wed 01-May-13 10:15:59

I am tempted to be honest,Disney but I don't think I'd be able to keep it to myself for a couple of days, and I wouldn't be able to show a real reaction when we do test on Friday! Eeeek, hope these 2 days fly past... c

DisneyDiva87 Wed 01-May-13 10:25:33

Keep yourself busy on here and they will! We'll keep you distracted.

ImaginaryHat Wed 01-May-13 11:49:33

Hi all. I'd like to join you too if that's OK? DH and I are currently TTC dc#1 and don't want to tell anyone in real life (it almost feels like we'd be jinxing it!) so would be great to be able to chat with others in the same situation! Having been married for about a year now we are getting questioned by what feels like everyone about baby plans, just trying to be vague at the mo!

Sounds promising for you Slug, very impressive with the will power to resist testing, think I'd be poas the first day after AF due!

TheSlug Wed 01-May-13 12:18:13

I don't know how I'm doing it to be honest, last month I wanted to test 4 days before AF was due!! (she then came that day, and I was gutted, but it was only our first month!) I did want to wait until my birthday but then if it's a BFN we'll be gutted, and will have restricted my party plans for no reason!

TheSlug Wed 01-May-13 12:20:17

I'm the same Imaginary, I didn't want to tell anyone, I didn't want everyone constantly asking me 'how's TTC going?' how long have you been trying? xx

ImaginaryHat Wed 01-May-13 13:00:27

I think you've probably got the right approach Slug, and I admire your patience! I'd definitely test a couple of days before your birthday though if you'll be a week past AF due date - if its a BFP you'll be so excited and won't mind reining in the party celebrations!

We were 'casually trying' (not monitoring ov and not dtd every other day) for 3-4 months before Xmas, then stopped just because of our personal circumstances. We've started again this month using opk and dtd more frequently, and in my head this feels like the first month of 'properly' trying. Got to wait til around 11th May though to see if AF makes an appearance! Good luck for Friday!

Bikey86 Wed 01-May-13 17:55:58

I find it really difficult not to tell anyone...especially my mum as we are quite close. My friend is now 5months preg with dc#3 (unexpectedly)and keeps asking me when we are going to start our family!! Pressure!!

TheSlug Thu 02-May-13 09:51:33

Bikey I feel the same, I'm close to my mum too, and she keeps asking! We just say, 'oh, soon maybe' and hope that puts her off enough! I do wonder how long I'll be able to keep my gob shut if/ when we do get a BFP!

TheSlug Fri 03-May-13 10:19:59

testing this evening... eeek!! anyone else this weekend?

TheSlug Fri 03-May-13 16:24:04

does anyone feel like their OH doesn't put much emphasis on the whole POAS thing? We had agreed that we'd do it today, I said last night shall we pop to the shop and get a test so we can do it in the morning? He said no, we'll do it in the evening, after he's come home from work, done his run, had a sunbed session, then we'll go to the shops and get a test?? And now I've just got a text saying 'bbq at [his best friend's] tonight'

I know it only takes a couple of minutes, but I feel like he should care more? Or am I over thinking things? Help! X

ImaginaryHat Fri 03-May-13 17:29:59

Ooh exciting Slug, fx for you! I have another week to wait and its doing my head in!

I think with blokes their excitement will probably kick in once you have your bfp. From my experience (and admittedly that's not much as we weve just started trying recently!) my dh isn't obsessed with ovulation dates (been tracking for a while before starting ttc), counting down the days to test etc as I have immediately become! That's a massive generalisation of course but I wouldn't over think it at this stage, it'll only stress you out!

Enjoy your BBQ and best of luck for your test x

TheSlug Fri 03-May-13 18:42:42

Oh my god, I only got a BFP didn't I!!!

TheSlug Fri 03-May-13 18:43:17

Imaginary, thank you for your reply, you were right he is great!!!!

ImaginaryHat Fri 03-May-13 21:04:29

Ah fantastic news, congratulations. What a lovely early birthday present!

Tigglettchic Sat 04-May-13 19:38:31

Can I join?? We have been married 2 weeks and we are in our second month of trying (although the first was half hearted, £9 drinks package was a big factor for the wedding!!)

Anyone else tried the conception gel you can get is Tescos?

FX everyone!

ImaginaryHat Sun 05-May-13 14:02:19

Hi Tigglettchic. Congratulations on your wedding, its such a lovely time! I've not tried tescos conception gel, were trying preseed off Amazon to see how that goes, too early to tell yet though.

When are you due your bfp/af?

Tigglettchic Sun 05-May-13 14:39:30

Hi,

I am due to Ov on Wednesday so AF/BFP around the 22nd.

The gel is so funny, I thought there would be more than there was!!

thank you for your kind words though, I am 28, as is DH and we are starting to feel very grown up with TTC and gardening today!

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now