TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

ELA88 Thu 21-Feb-13 15:16:59

Oh no pixie hope you're feeling better soon xxx

pixie0602 Thu 21-Feb-13 16:25:04

Thanks ELA... It's prob me having a few bad days... It doesn't help that DP doesn't want to dtd xx

ELA88 Thu 21-Feb-13 19:55:29

I was like that last week, I was so completely fed up and miserable I think I made myself feel ill, my poor dh couldn't do a thing right! Having this week off work has definitely made me feel better, sometimes a good rant helps too! Xxx

Hi there

I have had a few off days lately and it sucks! Do feel much better for being able to rant a wee bit here tho x

PistachioTruffle Thu 21-Feb-13 20:02:05

I keep getting confused between this thread and the March Bfp one, whoops!

Hope those who were feeling off are feeling a little better.

ELA88 Thu 21-Feb-13 20:36:39

I'm watching my guilty pleasure now of one born every minute! Is it sad I'm excited there's a water birth on it?!

PistachioTruffle Thu 21-Feb-13 21:39:47

I love a bit of One Born, ELA88. I'm watching it now, haven't got to the water birth yet.

I watched a taped one tonight! Lovely woman on who was having twins

PistachioTruffle Thu 21-Feb-13 21:50:31

Fairy, yes, they seemed to be a really happy couple and she had a gorgeous family too.

ELA88 Thu 21-Feb-13 21:54:36

I've got 3 episodes recorded to watch! The water birth was the shortest labour ever! They only half filled the pool before the baby was born! I'm watching the twins one now!

ELA88 Fri 22-Feb-13 16:51:09

It's Friday night! Woop! I just wanted to bump this up! Xx

Thank god for Fridays! Love them!

Was at a wedding fair there - massively excited and its taken my mind right off TTC lol x

ticktock1979 Fri 22-Feb-13 21:50:11

Hello all!
Wondered if I could join in...here's the basics;
I'm 34 & DH is 36, we're TTC #1 & I think I'm going nuts! Everything is a symptom & every BFN is 'wrong'. My mind is playing tricks on me & I don't seem to be able to do much about it smile
My SIL is pregnant & a number of friends at work - jealous us an understatement! I get emotional at the slightest thing & angry that DH doesn't seem to understand.
Anyway, sorry for the rant but it'd be lovely to join & find out how everyone else manages to cope with this - I thought I was so strong!

Hi there! Don't worry - going a bit nutty seems to be par for the course lol x

ELA88 Sat 23-Feb-13 12:25:17

Still 9 days till AF! This is the slowest 2ww ever!!

Can I join? I'm encouraged by the BFP's I've seen on here and I'd like a share of the luck!
Been ttc #1 for 14 cycles now, currently CD5 on cycle 15....

ELA88 Sat 23-Feb-13 13:00:46

Welcome! I do hope this is the lucky thread! Xxx

ticktock1979 Sat 23-Feb-13 13:32:37

Just waiting for DH to go to work so that I can catch up in OBEM from Wednesday. He says that the programme makes him feel uncomfortable although he did manage 10 minutes from last week - there's hope for him yet!! smile

WakeyCakey Sat 23-Feb-13 18:13:19

Ok guys serious TMI in this one so I apologise

My flu turned into tonsillitis and an ear infection so on antibiotics.
Here is the TMI at work today felt like I'd come on and there was a crazy amount of discharge! Nice and clean but in worried why it is there. It wasn't like EWCM very liquid but I just don't know what it is?

Any help lovely ladies?

Whereabouts are you in your cycle?

SloaneRaver Sun 24-Feb-13 09:37:23

Hi all, welcome barkingtreefrog and ticktock1979.

I feel there's almost no need to prefix with TMI, since we're all in the same boat, but AF arrived today right on her 28 day schedule. It's disappointing, as we had DTD before what was meant to be ovulation and during. But I definitively did not notice much CM of any type this cycle. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Now to keep positive for the next one, fingers crossed for that BFP!

WakeyCakey Sun 24-Feb-13 09:42:36

I'm on CD 21 however my cycles are still wobbly, in total they have only lasted 13, 16 and 19 days so gradually getting longer.

ELA88 Sun 24-Feb-13 10:06:09

wakey I've had that before, where it's almost like pouring out not like normal discharge but is completely clear like water? I don't know what it is though? Sorry :-( xxx

Ariel21 Sun 24-Feb-13 10:13:29

Hello everyone. Not been on for a bit due to AF being here and feeling despondent! Gone now and am ready to start again! Said to DH last night 'If I'd known I could have sex 8 times during my fertile period without contraception and not got pregnant, I would have done so a long time ago!' Here's hoping that everyone hits the mark this month, fx.

ELA88 Sun 24-Feb-13 11:48:27

Haha ariel I know how you feel! We went on holiday a couple of years ago and I lost my pill (put it somewhere safe in my purse and lost it!) and was so paranoid I might get pregnant, not that it would've been the end of the world because we were engaged etc but it wasn't the right time. Now I know I shouldn't have worried as it is so hard to concieve!! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now