TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

Hi there can I join?!

I'm 33 and DP is 34 and we're on month 2 of TTC. Finding it mega hard not to worry that it won't happen etc etc especially when my best friend managed it weeks after stopping the pill and wasn't even thinking about it! Finding it hard to be mega happy for her even tho I am delighted its happened so easily - it's just a bit awkward sometimes!

Trying to overcome the urge to repeatedly poas even tho its def not time to do that!

ELA88 Sun 10-Feb-13 13:30:30

Hey fairy welcome! I'm in month 2 of TTC too and I'm exactly the same! Convinced it will never happen! And everyone I know seems to be announcing their pregnancies right now xxx

Hi there!

I seem to see babies and pregnant women EVERYWHERE! And if I'm told one more time to be patient and stop worrying I think I'll scream lol. Trying to be circumspect and wait for things to happen but this TTC really does change the way you think!

ELA88 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:36:15

Yeah same here! It's only been about 7 weeks since I stopped taking my pill but it feels like we've been trying forever. My dh doesn't seem too bothered when it happens but for me it's becoming a bit of an obsession! Xxx

SloaneRaver Sun 10-Feb-13 14:40:20

@Liquoriceallsort hi! I'm no expert on the risks of the powerplate, but I listen to a couple of people who are: my yoga teacher and Tim Weeks, a great personal trainer. Both say avoid anything other than walking until the 3 months is all clear, then mild yoga and walking only.

gillian1986 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:50:14

Hi, I'm jumping in if thats ok!?

Im 26 years old and my husband is 30 smile

I was on the pill for over 10 years up until very recently - came off the pill on 21st December 2012. Had a "pill period" from 25th december to 29th december and then never went back on the pill - very exciting for me really as I have been on the pill for a huge part of my life.

We are trying for a baby and its very exciting! We gained a lot of nieces and nephews last year and have decided that after our wedding last month we would like to start our own family!

Heard all the stories about women not even having a period for months and months after coming off the pill but I had a period on 25th jan until 29th so was quite happy with that!!!!!

Had sex on Wednesday and wasnt really even thinking at the time about ttc or anything but realised that if my cyles are pretty much "normal" straight away then actually that was a great time to have sex! Day 13 of cycle!

Since then I have had the worst abdominal pain and bloating.... I'm already wondering if I could be pregnant! Haha.. Maybe I am? Maybe not... We will have to wait and see!

I have no idea what a "normal" cycle is for me so it makes this all a little more difficult I guess but I'm sure there are other women in the same boat as me!

I'm not 100% sure of my cycle either since coming off the pill but to be fair when I expected a period (1 feb) there it was! It's very easy to get carried away with dates and stressing about ovulation I think - I catch myself on doing it!

gillian1986 Sun 10-Feb-13 17:18:13

Hi fairydogmother - I'm the same! Didnt know what to expect... had my withdrawal bleed as expected when i first came off the pill and then my first true period came right on time! well actually it was 1-2 days later than i thought but about right! I'd love (like most of us) to get pregnant really quickly....! but i guess its a waiting game and might as well have some fun with my husband in the mean time!! ;)

Lol Gillian that sounds like a very good way of looking at things!

Been trying not to mope this afternoon as my friend is talking packing her hospital bag envy. I am so excited for her but it makes me want it for me all the more

Liquoriceallsort Sun 10-Feb-13 17:36:31

Thanks sloane! I will stick to walking even though I am not pg yet I guess it is not worth the risk.

gillian1986 Sun 10-Feb-13 17:43:20

Ah same.. everyone around me is pregnant or having babies although I think we notice is even more when we are trying to conceive! 2 colleagues have had baby boys in the last 2 weeks... another one just before xmas... got 2 nephews who both just turned 1 and a baby niece who is 3 months old! Also pretty sure my sister (who has a 1 year old boy) is trying again as I spied pregnacare conception+pregnancy tablets in her bathroom again (2 of which had been taken - new packet!) im quite the detective ;)

ELA88 Sun 10-Feb-13 17:54:37

Hmm fairy you must be just infront of me in your cycle, or you were until my no show! my period was due the 4th and nothing came, so I'm not really sure where I am! We'll just have to keep dtd until hopefully it happens! Xxx

Lol I guess that's the best bit tho! This week my OH will get way more 'attention' than usual!

ELA88 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:35:36

Lol my dh has already caught onto my eagerness and I've already had a reply of "you only want it so you'll get pregnant!" We'll maybe...but it's not like he's losing out either! Xx

Haha it is strange when you've spent a long time trying NOT to get pg! X

SloaneRaver Sun 10-Feb-13 22:04:24

Fairy, ELa, yes! isn't it so funny after all these years of trying not to get pregs?

ELA88 Sun 10-Feb-13 22:50:18

Yep! I've always had it drummed into me that it's so easy to fall pregnant and honestly just thought I'd fall pregnant as soon as I stopped taking the pill! Now were trying hard to get pregnant! Xxx

crazycatlady82 Mon 11-Feb-13 07:45:12

Hi girlies,

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread.

I am 30 and DH is 37. We have been TTC our first for oh, about 2 weeks now! I am also on the JSing thread as I don't want to become obsessed - easier said than done! 2 BFNs on the 'early' tests but I'm not even late yet... (Period ay be due any time between the 13th and 17th - I do usually keep better track but not so much over Xmas...)

Someone said that you spend your life avoiding babies and almost expect to get pregnant the day you stop contraception - totally agree!!!

I was certain I would get a BFP on the early tests - oh what a crazy cat I am!

Best of luck to all girls TTC.

Is anyone else in the TWW?

xxxx

gillian1986 Mon 11-Feb-13 08:15:42

Im stuck and bored in the 2 week wait right now! Af due around 21st feb - only came off the pill in december so not 100% regular right now which is annoying!

So funny reading about partners saying "you only want it so you'll get pregnant!" - my husband has already cottoned on to the fact I want to dtd more! Obviously hes fine with it but its VERY obvious! hahahah blush

according to the calendar this is my week for dtd as much as possible! though dont feel great - think i'm fighting something off as i'm knackered and i feel a bit sick! but i'm sure that will pass lol

LoveLaughingLots Mon 11-Feb-13 10:16:23

CrazyCatLady I'm in 2ww and I'm not going mad just yet, trying to be positive! Insert big fake smile here I

Take a look at the Two Week Wait thread - sorry I have no idea how to do a link!

LLLx

ELA88 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:35:56

My cycle is a mess so I don't know whether I'm in a 2ww or not but that's probably a good thing! At least I don't have to stress for 2 weeks waiting to see what happens! Xx

I've got serious side pain today like never before. Wasn't sure if it was my appendix going bad!

ELA88 Mon 11-Feb-13 20:45:10

Ohh no fairy I had appendicitis, it's so painful. Which side is the pain on? Has it moved at all? Xx

It on the left around my hip bone. Kind of cramps and then subsides and its def not trapped wind lol. Feel very tender across my lower abdomen like just before a period. Not particularly nice! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now