Five and the Mystery of the Declining Fertility - the BESH engage the services of the Famous Five to track down their baybees and finish with lashings of ginger beer. Topping!

(998 Posts)
ArielThePiraticalMermaid Tue 15-Jan-13 10:59:31

Morning everyone, just let me wolf down this amazing meal of tinned tongue, hardboiled eggs and ginger beer (don't you find food always tastes so much better outside?) and we'll toddle off on our latest adventure. We'll make sure Anne does the washing up (you'll make a proper little housewife and no doubt the fecund mother of four fine sons one day Anne <approving>) and us boys can have the proper adventures! No, not you George - you're nearly as good as a boy but not quite. Leave the actual procreating to me and Dick. Woof woof! Shut up Timmy!

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 27-Jan-13 20:46:09

I need to start swimming, I have two surfing holidays planned for the summer so need to get in practice.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Sun 27-Jan-13 20:49:02

I probably need to do more exercise. I've had a few gym memberships. Walking my dog is by far my favourite form of fat burning.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 27-Jan-13 20:50:52

Exercise generally makes me happy, but getting out of the house post-work has just been a bit much these past few weeks. But then it was FREEZING and I got a nasty cold (after running in the snow). But that seems to have cleared properly, hurrah. Right no more posts until at least another 150 words...

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 27-Jan-13 21:01:52

Evening schlags!

bugs glad the air is cleared. I have had to try hard to be kinder to MSB. I had got very crabby. We were both at the point where everything was taken the wrong way and we tore strips off each other constantly for a while. We both just had to try to be kinder and gradually it got easier...
With exercise I maintain it should be what you enjoy - dog walking, cycling, pole dancing (*tipps*?!)....mostly I like to run (when I can) or walk round the village. I find the fresh air and natural light really boost me.

dor we talked about winning more baybees (I only want two max!). We would probably wait a bit but a butter dish would by no means be a disaster.

In one minute, I am officially only on the water since I have my GTT tomorrow on account of being a fatty when I got diffed I have only gained 7lb so far though so I'm pretty chuffed with that. I'm 28 weeks on Tuesday and the baybee weighs 2lb all on its own! smile

Northey Sun 27-Jan-13 21:05:16

By the way, bugs, if I'm right about the butter thing, drizz was referring to things no Famous Fiver ever dreamed of Last Tango In Paris.

I need to take myself in hand exercise-wise. I am eating so much. I am a stone heavier than the weight they calculated my ivf drug dose on <frets> and I'm meant to be getting married soon, FFS. Obviously I wouldn't mind wedding fatnes if it was diff-related. But I am a bit more hmm about it when caused by greedy laziness. Maybe I should shred. If ivf fails, that is.

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 27-Jan-13 21:17:06

Only if the IVF fails Norf. I read some of the Zita West book in Foyles, without buying and strenuous exercise is apparently a No.

I don't know what I weigh at the moment. I was up to 14 stone at my heaviest, then went down to 12 st 7 with WW a little while ago, but I am definitely not that anymore and am too scared to weigh myself. No wonder HWCA doesn't want sex.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Sun 27-Jan-13 21:17:58

I Shred, occasionally. HWHNN has lost 8lbs since we started our health kick. I've not weighed myself in a week but suspect, due to droidal carb cravings, that I've put weight back on.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sun 27-Jan-13 21:23:02

My jeans are tight again, so I need to exercise more. I lost loads after my trauma on the scales just before my lap and dye. Diffedness made me skinny too as I was very full very quickly. Sadly I regained my appetite over christmas. Now I am just a pig.

However, I have written 500 words. Another 20 minutes of it and then it is enough.

evilgiraffe Sun 27-Jan-13 22:02:25

I need to get back on my bike - lots of rain so all the ice is gone = no excuse... However I have lost enough weight to meet the IVF criteria now, hurrah. Of course, stopping eating aside from one meal a day is really not the way to do it, but I'm trying to tick a box so... <shrug> It worked, so I don't care. At least the bike will offset lunch, if I crack on with it! Am now 75.4kg, which is still far too heavy for a shortarse like me, but not BMI obese any more which is all I was really after.

My ILs have three Maine Coons and three Ragamuffins. Visiting their house is like going to a cat zoo. They are all very cute, though not really very cuddly, but we are hopeful they'll be more snuggly as they get older smile (the cats, not my ILs)

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 27-Jan-13 22:07:55

I managed to convince myself to shred by posting above. Hurrah.

I think my saving grace is that I'm reasonably tall (5'8") - I don't know how I'd fit through doors if I had 5 fewer inches to carry my lard on. I am also built like a brick shit house - my hands and head are enormous. I can never decide whether that helps or hinders.

evilgiraffe Sun 27-Jan-13 22:11:49

I'm almost but not quite 5'3" and of a build that could kindly be called "stocky". It really doesn't help with BMI calculations! I toned up a lot over last summer/autumn but stayed almost exactly the same weight - I carry muscle really well. I suppose I should have taken up weightlifting <glum>

JethroTull Sun 27-Jan-13 22:22:22

Twinks you sound like me! I'm 6 foot with massive feet and man hands. I second walking as good fat burning exercise. I've lost 3/4 of a stone since we got our crazy dog.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Sun 27-Jan-13 22:27:03

What size feet? I am a six and a half (not that big, but I have extra twiggy legs and am not that tall so they look bigger) and also have total man hands. People hear I play the piano and say "Oh do you have piano fingers?" hmm. I show them my meat shovels and they change the subject after a disappointed pause. Again the hands wouldn't look so big if it wasn't for the comedy spaghetti arms.

evilgiraffe Sun 27-Jan-13 22:36:14

I have size six feet, which is unfairly boat-like for someone so short. Still, they go well with my tree trunk legs.

I have mole hands too, rie - stumpy fingers and square hands. I think I could probably dig a tunnel for myself without too much trouble... It was quite embarrassing shopping for wedding rings, HOTB's is barely any bigger than mine. He has beautiful elegant hands and gorgeous legs, the bastard envy

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 27-Jan-13 22:49:23

Oddly enough my feet aren't all that big, they're a 6 and a half. But my hands are the same size as HWCA's, and they had to give me the biggest ladies' hat available at police school. I gain muscle very easily as well. Luckily I have no real interest in becoming sylph-like, but have always felt like a proper bifter next to my 5'4", size 5 footed, tiny handed fertile sister. Luckily she is wonderful and scary or I would have had to have done away with her by now smile

JethroTull Mon 28-Jan-13 06:22:53

What ho Hags! SSG has gone on a course this week.

I must not POAS until Friday.

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 28-Jan-13 06:39:33

Is Friday the day they've told you to test Jeff or have you added an extra day or two?

I'm 5'6" and size five feet if we're doing our measurements. I'm aware that I am not big by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm a believer that if shifting a few lbs will make you feel better then go for it. I always put weight on during the winter, I'm like a squirrel fattening myself up for warmth grin it's so much easier to lose weight in the warm weather!

I've got funny popping sensations going on in my womble/egg factory area, so presume the stabbing is doing its job. I've got a luffly bruise where I stabbed myself on Friday after a few wine blush

Northey Mon 28-Jan-13 07:22:30

Four days to go, jeff!

I had sore nipples last night and have got sore nipples and tingling breasts, but can't remember what is normal at any point in my cycles any more. I might buy a stick on my way in to work, just for the sheer hell of it. It's that or a coffee, and I'm meant to be cutting down on caffeine anyway.

I am very tall and have horrid massive feet and hands.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 28-Jan-13 07:24:46

I am size 7 (and a half, but generally squish into 7) and standing a good 5'9" (and a half wink ) tall, I am the BESH giant. But I don't feel all that tall, cos SB is WAY taller still. Oh and I have comically tiny hands.

<sits there admiring small hands with dainty rings>

What's the official test date jeff? And how long post-trigger are you? The main rule of thumb is no testing before 11 days post-trigger. And preferably testing with SSG home.

Clearly I am doing some assignment stuff before going to work, right?!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 28-Jan-13 07:25:44

I fancy a coffee smile

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 28-Jan-13 07:27:30

Btw hurrah for stabbing doing its job, frank. Also, I got the occasional bruise, despite never being drunk <while stabbing> so don't worry about that. It will heal, most likely before this baybee comes out!

Northey Mon 28-Jan-13 07:28:22

Me too. Maybe I'll buy one instead of a stick. Would probably have more point to it...

I am two inches taller than you, drizz smile

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 28-Jan-13 07:33:10

Woohoo norf's the real giant. Bet you don't have bigger feet as well wink

Buy whichever you fancy more! I had a low booze, low caffeine January, leading to freakily short cycle and general miz-ness. So I am back on both (also we're not doing anything assisted this month, so I am off the hook?.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 28-Jan-13 09:08:18

No one is a giant. We are all beautiful and varied <firm>. Jeff is a lovely willowy six footer, and so was BrownB as I recall (has laid now). MadameBoo is a wee five foot.

Winks, I', with you on the sister-envy. Sometimes it threatens to choke me, actually make me puke. When she told me she was diffed again, I honestly couldn't think what to do/say. And she is tall, big-bosomed, straight-backed, with no silly allergies or freckles, gets a lovely even sensible tan instead of red blotches, basically gets everything she wants. Cow! Good thing I luff her.

captainmoll Mon 28-Jan-13 09:43:04

What ho.

I am a short fatty 5'4", currently on a serious weight loss drive after being weighed at my MRI - I am just inside the obese bit of the chart. The crazy thing is I'm exactly the same dress size as when I got hitched 5 years ago, but 2 STONE HEAVIER!! How?!

I'm pre-emptively trying to get my bmi below 30 in case we're heading for IVF..

I would love to be 5'9" or sommat like that. (Tall) people often still talk to me like I'm a child and I really do think it's height related.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now