TTC #1 - Thread 8

(294 Posts)
RaspberrysAndIcecream Mon 31-Dec-12 17:02:42

New Year - New Thread!!! And hopefully lots of BFP's all round!!

Fx for everyone!!

aMuminwaiting Wed 23-Jan-13 14:43:36

Can I join please? I'm three days late but have had negative tests. I did a lloyds pharmacy own one yesterday which left a VERY faint line but it was after the testing time and not as thick as the line going across. I did one this morning and the blue dye seemed to hang around the vertical line for ages! It seemed to vanish though and when I got back from walking my dog it was there VERY faintly again. I don't know what's going on. I'd usually have several days of spotting before coming on but this time all I've had is one tiny speck of dark blood in mucus the day before I was due on. This is my first cycle of trying since losing my last baby in September. My last two cycles were normal 28 day ones. According to the opk this one should have been 30 days. I need to know when I'm pregnant asap as I have to take clexane injections. Wish it would make it's mind up one way or the other and stop me from going mad!

hoping2beamum Wed 23-Jan-13 14:59:47

Hi amuminwaiting <waves>

are you ok? maybe a blood test would help you see if you are pregnant? Have you got a clear blue digital test or a first response one...maybe that would give you a clearer idea too. Will keep fingers crossed for you & hope its good news. Have you had any symptoms?

aMuminwaiting Wed 23-Jan-13 15:09:10

I should call my GP but I always feel like I'm wasting their time, especially as it's such early days. I felt incredibly sick the weekend I was due on and very sick when I ovulated. Now I feel stretching in my hips and am incredibly tired. My face keeps getting really hot too but the rest of me is freezing cold (thanks to living in a drafty old house). It seems to much to hope for to be pregnant the first month of trying but it did happen before. Usually it takes me three cycles but because the last miscarriage involved two bouts of surgery to my cervix I was told to wait until the New Year to let things heal. I did a clearblue digital the day I was due on and it was negative.

Do another one amum, or do a FRER! Something that will give you a definitive answer like hoping says? Sorry for your loss, it's an absolute rollercoaster following mc. Fx!

hoping2beamum Wed 23-Jan-13 15:41:45

Sounds like you have had a really tough time amum its a horrendous journey through a mc, especially with surgery. fingers crossed that it is good news this time for you. You are never wasting a GP's time when you know your own body & something isnt right. You have been through an awful lot & even if its just clarification & reassurance that you need from your doctor, you shouldnt feel like you are wasting his time. <big big hug>

aMuminwaiting Wed 23-Jan-13 17:23:35

BFN, good luck everyone else.

Sorry amum, that sucks. At least you have an answer though? I'm in 1st proper cycle following 12 week mmc and ERPC in Nov, and I have no idea what's going on with my body at all. My cycles used to be 28/29 days, and I'm on day 33 now with nothing. Not sure that'll help at all, but maybe a bit to know you're not alone in limbo land?!

aMuminwaiting Wed 23-Jan-13 18:14:08

Thanks. Sorry we all have to go through all this. I was hoping to find a baby under the Christmas tree but no luck! I just want the sodding AF to show up now so I can dust of the fertility monitor and try that again. That's got me a BFP first cycle using it twice now. I did have a stupidly long one a few years ago. I wish I'd got some chocolate at the shops today!

hoping2beamum Wed 23-Jan-13 18:48:16

Hope AF makes her appearance soon & you can get trying again soon amum xx

Blockette Wed 23-Jan-13 22:54:58

Sorry amum sounds like you have had a horrible time with it all. Hopfully you won't be here long! X

Hooray today! Af here! grin

aMuminwaiting Thu 24-Jan-13 08:45:24

Glad your frustrating wait is over for now Thundercat. Am hoping mine will start today and I'll be 34 days too. The shooting pains in my pelvis are really strong this morning and I keep needing to wee. I tried to book an appointment with my GP this morning to get her to check for infection and do a blood test but she's not in and I was told to try again tomorrow but it will be a long wait on the phone. I don't trust anyone else though. If you knew the massive mistakes other doctors have made over the years you'd get why! ...the wait continues sad
Does anyone else need clexane when pregnant? I don't think I'd be so anxious if it wasn't for the fact I need to take that as soon as I get a positive.

Hey aMum, hope yours comes today too- then you'll know where you are and we can be cycle buddies for bfps in Feb!

I haven't even heard of clexane I'm afraid- what's it for? If I do get pg again I'll be straight down the docs to get thyroid levels checked as they were a bit low before so they're keeping an eye on them. I know thyroid stuff can be linked to mc so I'll be making sure they keep a close eye out next time.

aMuminwaiting Thu 24-Jan-13 10:18:00

It's a blood thinner and I already take daily aspirin. It seems to help me get to the three month stage but the late miscarriages were down to my cervix opening up so I'd still need a stitch at 13 weeks. Still no sign of the witch.

Blockette Thu 24-Jan-13 11:12:22

Glad your AF showed up Thunder! That must be one of the only times you will want to hear that! lol

Hope yours comes soon too amum

hoping2beamum Thu 24-Jan-13 13:41:36

That's great news thunder I'm glad AF showed up for you & now you can start again. Fingers crossed for a Feb BFP for you.

Amum ...how are you doing this afternoon? Hope you're doing ok. Fingers crossed you can see your doctor tomorrow...understand where you are coming from about seeing a particular doctor, especially if you were let down in the past by others.

Blockette Fri 25-Jan-13 17:10:50

Well, Just got back from the dr's - nothing participially helpful, he just said don't worry about it will I've missed 3 Af's! gee thanks .... sad

He also said just to carry on but forget about dates - easier said then done!

Stupid Dr - he was nice though, so hard to be p'ed off with him!

aMuminwaiting Fri 25-Jan-13 19:52:02

I looked through my cycles and the stupidly long one that had no sign of ending was resolved by me dragging my DH to the bedroom. Seriously it seems to get things on the move! I tried that tactic again last night and got AF this morning. At least now I can get the old fertility monitor juiced up and ready to go again.

Hi all. block helpful eh?! Hmmm.

I can't remember if you use opks (sorry, my memory's shit crap)?

aMum I did something similar re af coming- at least it does get things moving. And I have another cycle buddy.

Blockette Sat 26-Jan-13 00:29:02

Tried that! - nothing.

No, no opk sticks for me, too awkward while at work or at the stables, but I hear the cb ones you can do with first morning pee? That sounds better but not got round to getting anything.

Ahh I used to have Raspberrys as a cycle buddy but we drifted apart /sigh.

Talking of Raspberrys - are you still alive?

Yeah I've got some of the cb ones for this cycle- remember nic? She very kindly sent them to me from the trial she was on. We shall see.

aMuminwaiting Sat 26-Jan-13 08:31:48

Sorry your AF is so stubborn Block. Mine is REALLY heavy and that's coming from someone who is used to heavy. The blood is so dark it's almost black and I flooded last night...just after changing the bedding, bloody typical (pardon the pun). Maybe it's punching me for pushing it along when it was quite happy waiting and waiting around in there driving me nuts. Yes people, this long trek to parenthood has sent me so doolally that I belief my AF is self aware!

I did a quick cervix check earlier and noticed the small bump on my cervix is bigger. I was told before it was a cervical erosion. Do they get bigger? Am I just letting wild paranoia and worry take over me?

The CBFM has been great for me but it's SO expensive when you have to use it for a long time. I wish they were a bit more generous with how many sticks you get in a pack. Some cycles I've had to use all 20 and that really adds up, especially when there's expensive pregnancy tests in the mix too. I'm so jealous of all the friends who've 'just got pregnant' with none of this ho ha and had a baby (or two) at the end of the nine months.

Hi aMum, I think we must be cycle buddies now as mine is unusually heavy (although not as bad as yours). I was going through a tampon every couple of hours yesterday. Maybe it's our bodies having a clearout do you think?

The sticks I've got aren't for the fertility monitor, just the opk but yeah u think they are just as expensive if not more so than the cbfm.

I don't know about cervical erosion I'm afraid but I think if you're concerned you should get yourself to the docs.

Oh yeah I meant to say, if you want a mc rant amongst those who have been through similar, there's a lovely thread you should try- I can't do links as I'm on my phone but it's called ttc after mc, and then mentions a Laura Ashley skirt. Pop in and say hi if you fancy it.

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sat 26-Jan-13 12:15:24

Hello cycle buddy block!! thanks

I'm alive!!grin I had to take a few days out from reading, it's been a bit hard, I needed to get my head together - but it's together & I'm back!! I'm cycle day 15 and I got a peak this morning, which is really early for me. Also went to the doctors this week, blood tests going to be done next cycle so who knows what's going to happen?!!

How are u?

aMuminwaiting Mon 28-Jan-13 11:29:46

How is everyone doing? Af has calmed down at last. Feel like I've been drained though. Is it sad that I look forward to the opk testing days? Just feels so full of hope that time of the month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now