Bring on New Year Bfp's, it's Just Shagging thread 13!

(1000 Posts)
DingDongBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:16:00

Couldn't stand a Fred with only a couple of posts left so I filled it up!

Here is the 13th installation of the Just Shagging saga. If you're a bit lazy relaxed in your approach to getting upduffed, come over here for a natter!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share brew and wine with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband shock wink

The link to Part 12 is HERE

The link to the latest grads thread is HERE

Happy shagging shaggers grin

Thanks frog and gary. I have to go to tesco on the way home so I will grad one from there. I'll do it when I get in and show H2B 'proper' BFP.

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 15:36:07

Congratulations 34 and Cracker!!!!! Yay - so pleased for you both!

Hi to all the grads- hope you're all getting on okay.

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 15:48:54

Hey everyone,

I got my second lot of blood tests vack and they've come back as . . . . normal!!!! Hurray!!!! So relieved. smile

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 15:49:51

vack? I mean *back!

Pentagon Thu 24-Jan-13 18:41:45

great news Bearface! Hooray! You must be so relieved!

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 18:47:16

Thanks Pentagon and welcome to the fred! Yes, I am so relieved as the first set of tests I had were really screwed up, but that was because I didn't ov that month, so this month has been sweet relief as I was so worried there might be a hormone imbalance or something worse going on. I feel so bad for all those people who do have something wrong and are having to go through test after test. It's so frustrating and upsetting. At least I have learnt to empathise with those people through my experience, and not take fertility for granted. I feel so grateful.

DH is having his second SA tomorrow so fingers crossed that that goes well too. If it does, it will beg the queston surely, WHY AM I NOT UPDUFFED YET????? grin Just a matter of time and timing I guess.

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 18:49:47

P.S. Sorry my post was a bit 'me, me, me'. Also sorry you've had a rough time of it Pentagon - let's hope all goes well for you this time round. Don't worry about it taking a while this time. Fertility can change over time as your body and age changes, so I don't think it's anything to worry about ATM.

Pentagon Thu 24-Jan-13 19:28:02

thanks bearface :-)and of course your post wasn't "me, me, me" - you've just had some good news, it's natural that you want to share! Good luck with your DH's second SA tomorrow! I think you're right, it's a matter of time and timing indeed! I need to keep repeating this to myself! My problem is that I don't know if something has gone wrong after my MMC and ERPC. But if I don't get pregnant again in the next 3 months I'll go for some tests (really hope I don't need to!)

Bearface Thu 24-Jan-13 19:40:30

Thanks Pentagon. smile

I'm hoping DH will find it easier than last time as the poor love was a bit stressed last time which I think affected his ahem, performance. blush He found the time constraints a bit much. We don't really do quickies!!! grin

Pentagon I have no experience of MMC or ERPC, but maybe your body just needs time to readjust? I think with TTC everyone's bodies are different and it can take some people longer to 'recover' or get back to how they were before after something like that. Good idea about going for some tests if nothing happens in a few months. Hope it happens for you before then.

Pentagon Thu 24-Jan-13 19:49:46

It doesn't sound like fun, I'd feel under pressure too!

Yes, you are probably right (again!) I need to calm down and be patient, I know!

Let's hope we both get our BFPs soon (crosses fingers)

MelodyHarmony Thu 24-Jan-13 21:19:00

Andie, sorry ERTD got you sad

Totally agree about the pregnants everywhere Humpty and tests seem to want to leap off the supermarket shelves at me!

Hi Silver and PentagonI don’t think we’ve met. Welcome to the madness fun!
I’m Melody, 37, TTC#4, month 2.

Pentagon sorry to hear about your MCs especially the recent one. Don’t lose heart about JS taking longer this time. I’ve got 3 DCs but also had a MMC so been preg 4 times. Those first three were very quick conceptions (4 months, 2 months then 1 month) but DC 3 took 14 months to conceive. Don’t let that distress you, just take courage that you’ll get there.

As far as the EWCM goes Silver, I think you can only be sure you’ve ovulated once the EWCM stops. So a long spell of EWCM doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ovulating but your body is building up to it. I think!
What makes you think you ov’d on CD 6? That’s pretty early in any cycle and if your shortest is 26 days then the earliest I’d expect you to ov is 14 days earlier than the 26 end of the cycle, so that would be CD12.

Bear I sort of understand where you’re coming from on wanting to fit three DCs into your life. My situation isn’t as urgent as yours… I’m on the other end of that and already have 3DCs. But I’d love one more and, at 37, I’m worried I’ve left it too late. It took a while to discover the eggs under all the dust conceive last time. Glad your bloods came back normal, that must be a relief.

So sorry Cookie we all thought it really was your month. What a bummer, how utterly disappointing for you. Maybe the car incident made you ovulate later than you thought. I don’t know.

Humpty don’t let your head get carried away with symptoms. I was like that last month and noticed things that probably normally happen every month when I’m not TTC but I don’t give them a second thought then. In the end it did my head in, I’ve resolved not to do it to myself this month. Potential large HOOYAs needed for me when I’m symptom spotting in the 2WW in a few week’s time. I hope Mr Humpty gets some good news about his job. Try not to worry.

Massive congratulations Cracker and 34. Well done to both of you. As you won’t be needing your JS capes for a while, is it unreasonable to ask for them to be passed on? They’re obviously good ones

So, I’m on CD 7, dusting off the cape at the weekend I think. Annoyed that my predicted ov day will be on a ‘school night’ next week. I only work part-time but have a very early start for work and DH works very long hours all week so we do our best JSing at the weekends! Last month was perfect as DH had a large chunk of time off work over New Year, and ov just happened to coincide. And no suggestions about day time, when we get in from work, JS please, I have three other DCs!!!

<Phew! That’s the last time I leave this thread unattended for so long!>

Hi all!

Cd13 here and going for eod (although dh doesn't technically know my plans! ha ha ha (evil laugh!)) melody we find it difficult getting alone time too, 2DD's who bed hop and a dh that works permanent night shifts, resorted to sneaking back to bed with him on school days, even managed it twice today blush possibly should be a smug smiley! Last month ov was over xmas so I had high hopes too only to be dashed by really really evil ertd this month!

Fingers crossed for lots more bfps for everyone, but while we wait lets have a wine cheers everyone (although secretly deep down I'm more of a wkd blue girl!!)

Redshoes56 Fri 25-Jan-13 03:44:54

Hi ladies! So much going on here on the thread so I won't pretend to be able to fully catch up. I needed to take a week or so off from everything having to do with getting pregnant, and it's been very therapeutic, even if that meant missing you all for a few days! I am truly "just shagging" this month -- no cheating, no peeing on anything unless it's a pregnancy test and I'm seriously late, no charts, etc. I've declared 2013 "my year," starting out with a massive shopping spree and mini makeover for myself, and some nesting at home, cooking healthy meals, etc. Keeping busy. smile

Congrats to all the new BFPs and a big wave to new folks!

notsoold Fri 25-Jan-13 12:22:25

(open the door and stepping in)

Hi everybody!!!!

Congratulations all around!!! I can not check names as this is not my laptop,but I can read you guys from my TV and I am rejoicing with BFPs, heartbeat and MS that you girlies are going through....

Keep the BFPs coming!!!

Back to my cave but leaving my love to you all!

(leaving quietly ...)

AQuarkTooFar Fri 25-Jan-13 12:35:44

A quick hello! Congrats cracker & 34. Thread 13 really is a lucky thread for BFPs.

Not a lot to report here. Now in month 4 of ttc. Nearing ovulation according to my phone app and I think I have spotted some pant snot! Defo have donned the cape for much shaggage!

Tonight will be mostly filled with Haggis and wine/vody & bru! Oh and JSing! grin

Ceilidhs off reciting scots! Ya wee sleekit cowrin tim'rus beastie...

Pentagon Fri 25-Jan-13 13:51:22

Melody thanks for the welcome and encouraging words! wine for me too tonight but no JSing :-( I'll have to wait for a couple of weeks... AQuark that will be month 4 of TTC for me too. Good luck for tonight and the next few days! (you too Melody!)

MelodyHarmony Fri 25-Jan-13 14:25:47

Ooh Threeblondes I can't remember the last time I saw bedroom action TWICE in one day!!! Hat off to you.

Pentagon thanks for pointing out it's the weekend tonight, I'd not noticed that the week was almost over! Best dust off that cape. Not got any ov signs yet. I know I shouldn't be trying to pinpoint my shagging just round ov but the mistake I've made in the past is too much shagging too early then we're both exhausted when ov actually occurs! Not as young as some of you spring chickens, can't hack it at that pace

cookielove Fri 25-Jan-13 15:17:25

Bear i am so glad that the test came back well for you smile

Hello to all the new ones glad to see some new faces.

Melody i really thought it was my month too, the ERTD really caught me out, so sad, but nothing i can really do about it now.

I've had to start leaving the room at work now when my pregnant work colleagues start talking about midwives and other stuff, i really am happy for them but there is only so much i can hear before i cry.

I have got my cape out and ready to use!!

MelodyHarmony Fri 25-Jan-13 16:02:40

I can understand that Cookie. I used to leave rooms in tears after I'd had my mc. The thing about pregnant women is they get obsessed with being pregnant and talk of little else. We'll be the same when it's our turn but that doesn't make it any easier in the meantime.

Bearface Fri 25-Jan-13 18:01:46

Thanks Cookie!

Cookie and Melody - it's so hard isn't it? Luckily I'm with a load of teenage kids all day when at work, so I don't have that same sadness to deal with, but I really do feel for you both.

Cookie - do you know any of them well enough to tell them or do they know already about your TTC so that you could get them to be a bit more sensitive about when they talk about being pregnant? (i.e. not in front of you) It's a tough one though as they might not want to reign themselves in. sad

Cookie - it will be your time soon I'm sure, as it will mine and everyone else's on here. I get sad when I think that almost everyone who started on this thread with me has now gone and got upduffed, and I feel a bit left behind, but I am sure one day it will be me and I'm hanging onto that hope. You're welcome to hang with me! smile

Bearface Fri 25-Jan-13 18:02:22

Oops - how many times did I put Cookie's name in that message! Hee hee.

Bearface Fri 25-Jan-13 18:04:06

Quark - hope you enjoy your Burns Night! What on earth did your crossed out bit mean?! Just curious . . .

SilverClementine Fri 25-Jan-13 19:01:03

Hi Melody, i'm impressed you managed to read the thread so thoroughly and respond to everyone in turn, I get lost on here so easily! Re the EWCM I think your absolutely right, and really it doesn't make much difference if we're DTD EOD. Was feeling quite down about TTC after last month but have decided to try and control what I can and so have been shaggin more, eating better, taking a bit of exercise etc and am now much more positive about it smile

Red I entirely agree, 2013 shall be our year smile

Blondies I think we have the same plan ;)

And to everyone else who I haven't name checked, keep on shagging! Those eggs won't fertilise themselves!!!

MelodyHarmony Fri 25-Jan-13 21:50:24

Hi Silver I had to be thorough like that. I'd been away from the thread for quite a few days. So much had happened, I just HAD to acknowledge everything! My proper friends would laugh so much about me doing that. They're always taking the mickey out of me for being so anal precise, thorough and organised.

I'm ok about being in rooms with too many pregnants these days Bear. It was over eight years ago that I had my MC and I've had three healthy DCs since so it doesn't sting so much now. If I never fall pregnant again it wouldn't matter. But I totally understand how those of you JS-ing for DC1 feel.

MelodyHarmony Fri 25-Jan-13 21:52:22

And Silver, glad I could be of help re. your EWCM! That's another thing I get overly particular with!

This thread is not accepting new messages.