Bring on New Year Bfp's, it's Just Shagging thread 13!

(1000 Posts)
DingDongBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:16:00

Couldn't stand a Fred with only a couple of posts left so I filled it up!

Here is the 13th installation of the Just Shagging saga. If you're a bit lazy relaxed in your approach to getting upduffed, come over here for a natter!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share brew and wine with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband shock wink

The link to Part 12 is HERE

The link to the latest grads thread is HERE

Happy shagging shaggers grin

cookielove Thu 17-Jan-13 18:36:39

Hello everyone smile

I tested this morning and it is still BFN.

And still no AF.

confused

I think i shall wait till Sunday which will put me way on my cd's. if i can wait that long

cookielove Thu 17-Jan-13 18:55:51

bear i am glad that your tests came back with the right results, and i hope the next lot are just as good grin

aquark thats the theory i'm going with!!

Bearface Thu 17-Jan-13 20:23:25

Thanks Cookie - I'm so relieved. Really hoping all continues to go well for me and TTC now. smile Soprry you haven't got your BFP yet, but hang in there. It sounds promising!

chocoloulou33 Thu 17-Jan-13 20:35:01

So where do u ladies graduate too once u get your bfps? Is there a 'due in...' Section as couldn't see it. Not that I need to go there yet sad but nice to be prepared! X

cookielove Thu 17-Jan-13 21:01:23

chocoloulou33 there is a grad thread that the BFPers seem to talk about, i haven't seen it personally but i am sure some one could link to it.

At work today i was talking to my work colleague (who is pregnant) who i am very close to about the BFN's and no period and she said to me maybe i should stop doing this to myself (just shagging for a baby) cause they stress is bad for me!!! I am really not sure how to take it, of course nice of her to be concerned but eh!!

MelodyHarmony Thu 17-Jan-13 22:00:17

Thanks for putting me straight about your tests Bear. I'm sorry that I THOUGHT I'd muddled you with someone else. <Note to self: That isn't good chat room etiquette>

I'm glad you're pleased with the results of the tests even though ERTD got you too today.

I've had such a busy day today and a combination of hormones and exhaustion have made me grumpy mummy today, so much so, that I've not had too much time to dwell on not being pg. And it's days like today that really make me wonder whether another DC is a good idea.

I'm stressing about the prospect of snow tomorrow. I'm worried that if it hits half way through the day and my big DCs are at school, I'll have trouble taking the baby out to collect them. I live in a really hilly area and I wouldn't be able to push the pushchair safely on snow. He's only just one so can't walk but is too heavy to carry.

Sorry Cookie that things are weird for you at the moment. You must be imagining you're pg one minute then convincing yourself you're not the next.

Anyway, night everyone. I am in serious need of sleep if I'm not going to be grumpy mummy again tomorrow.

P. S. The link to the grads thread is in the original post of this thread I had a sneaky peek for when it's my turn

AndieDisestablishment Thu 17-Jan-13 22:20:41

Cookie It's really easy for someone who's pregnant to tell you you're doing yourself no good, especially if she didn't have to try! I was pretty complacent about my pg with my DCs but I didn't "try" for either of those, I am now appreciating just how lucky I was and every month throws me into a turmoil of "am I doing the right thing?!/is it a sign that I have enough already?!" I can't imagine how stressful trying for a first baby might be!

I spent today with a friend and her daughters over for a play date then helped DP put a bunk bed together ready for DSSs first overnighter with us on Sat (even though DP's ex is being a cow again and it may not even happen!) then I've applied for loads of jobs. Anything to take my mind off ERTD being due in two days and having a weird empty feeling for most of the day.

Bear That's great about the last tests. Fingers crossed for these next ones.

Sorry to all that have visits from the witch at the mo.

AndieDisestablishment Thu 17-Jan-13 23:21:16

Oh God! DP has sneezed twice, is convinced he has a cold and is hunting for Olbas Oil. Smelly night for me.

Redshoes56 Thu 17-Jan-13 23:51:33

Busy hellish week but popping into say YAYYYYY frog!!!!!

frogchops Fri 18-Jan-13 10:39:28

Had confirmation from dr today, so I'm guessing I wasn't wearing my bfp goggles! (Pats the cape for being well behaved) thanks red!
I'm shaking my Pom poms crazily to bring on some more bfps!!

BelleEtLaBete Fri 18-Jan-13 15:32:45

<Pops back in>

Yay for the ov, Bear! Thought it might have been an an-ov. You must be pleased xx

<wanders off to find sick bucket>

Bearface Fri 18-Jan-13 16:08:01

Yes, thanks Belle. I'm really chuffed! Juts had another blood test today (hopefully my last one). Had a trainee and it was a bit painful as she didn't get it in the right place. Going to have a corker of a bruise. Hope you feel better soon, Belle.

Yay Frog - well done! Shake your pom-poms in my direction please!!!

Red - have you got snow or a cold spell at all over yonder seas?

cookielove Fri 18-Jan-13 16:10:59

Oh yay frog that is great news, it must feel amazing smile

Andie its really hard cause she is thinking of me, and then i start to agree with her saying that we'll stop after this month hmm when really i am thinking that i'll have to stop updating her and just keep it to myself instead.

Still no period and have been strong this morning and not tested, am actually amazed at my will. I really hope i am up duffed though, even though we are so broke at the moment blush

Oh and i got my new car today, yay!! Mananged to get out of work early shock and picked it up an hour ago (happy days)

AndieDisestablishment Fri 18-Jan-13 21:42:43

I guess her heart was in the right place Cookie We're all guilty of being accidentally insensitive sometimes I suppose.

Frog Nice to have a professional confirmation. grin

Has everyone been playing in the snow all day? It's quiet round here.

MelodyHarmony Fri 18-Jan-13 22:03:49

COOO EEEE only me!

Frog is it feeling more real now?

Cookie I'm sure your work friend is lovely but just ignore her on this one. Maybe telling her you're stopping JS, like you suggest, will help.
I'm sure you'll get your BFP soon. Loving your will power.
New car smile

Bear that all sounds very ouchy.

I've not been playing in the snow Andie just busy. In fact we haven't had anywhere near as much as was forecast so my baby in pushchair nightmare didn't come true. I think more is on the way tonight but I'm not worried as its the weekend YAY!

Night night.
M xxx

frogchops Fri 18-Jan-13 23:14:15

If you mean wretching my guts up, having horrendous backache and spending 20 hours a day asleep, then yes it's totally real! I do get the odd 'what about this/that' thought that scares the hell outa me as its my first, so I'm not sure the impending responsibilty has quite sunk in yet!blushhmm

cookielove Sat 19-Jan-13 08:02:42

Oh no frog not sickness, not good not good, hope it passes soon and you can get onto the other perks of pregnancy smile

God i really am terrible at this waiting i caved this morning and POAS, still negative. They are tesco ones, i was on another thread and some said tescos are rubbish, but now maybe i am just clutching at straws. sad

frogchops Sat 19-Jan-13 08:08:38

hmm cookie, how many dpo are you? It's not over yet!
Pregnancy perk number one yesterday: when the traffic builds up due to snow and you live quite far from work, the boss lets you go home to avoid needing a wee on the journey home!! Still took me two hours to get home (its only 10 miles!) but I appreciated it!

cookielove Sat 19-Jan-13 08:18:09

I don't know frog, i was trying to not get obsessive about it so haven't been checking when i ovulate!! To me it is one of life's little mysteries.

AndieDisestablishment Sat 19-Jan-13 09:10:24

Frog Responsibility realisation doesn't kick in until they wave you off with that new baby and you realise nobody have you a manual.lol. And that's true however many you have!

Cookie How late is ERTD? If you're concerned and still getting BFNs then call your GP.

I am officially one day late. Getting no signs but lots of CM and my sciatica's playing up so I still feel ick regardless.

cookielove Sat 19-Jan-13 09:30:56

My normal cycle is 25, which makes me 8 days late, my last cycle was 27 so that puts me at 5 days late. I have no period pain or any sign of a period coming.

I will call my Gp if my period doesn't arrive after the snow thaws cause i really really really don't want to drive my new car in the snow. I can walk a short 10 minute walk to my local supermarket and there is a pharmacy next door to it so i could pick up a different kind of test if needed. But my surgery is a 20 minute drive away.

frogchops Sat 19-Jan-13 09:55:40

Any other symptoms cookie? It sounds suspicious to me! And some don't get bfps till way after af due.

cookielove Sat 19-Jan-13 09:59:10

Well i have had on and off sore boobs, which i have never had before sensitive to touch not aching all the time although my boobs are teeeny anyway i couldn't eat the smoke salmon, or my favourite pizza it really turned my stomach. I have a more sensitive gag reflex with smells and i am usually really good with that, as i work in a baby room so lots of horrible smells there.

AndieDisestablishment Sat 19-Jan-13 10:05:27

I've read of people not getting BFPs until around 12 weeks. Everyone excretes different levels of hormones. That's why blood tests are the most reliable. I was already 8 weeks with my DD before I got a BFP (figured breastfeeding DS had affected ERTD....was wrong.lol)

My friend became a first time dad last night and another friend's fiancé is overdue with their 4th. Another friend has just announced her first pg. it's like baby central on my FB while I pretend not to be massively broody!!

frogchops Sat 19-Jan-13 10:21:45

Andie....who wants to share their limelight anyway?!! You'll have it all to yourself soon enough!

Cookie I'm hopeful for you...I found getting some horrible spots were a symptom for me looking back over the past two weeks.

This thread is not accepting new messages.