Elderberry Pavlovas Unite - the over 30s TTC number 1 (thread 3)

(997 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Sun 23-Dec-12 23:28:46

Hey ladies, we're over here!

bunnygirlie, 32, TTC since June, AF coming around New Year!
Twinklestar 2, TTC1, cycle 16, BFP was due 19/12
BraveLilBear,TTC
Lolcbcb,TTC
Aquarius,TTC
Happylass 34 cycle 4 BFP due Jan 1st
Navis176, 35, TTC #1, cycle 3 (this time around), bfp due around 19 Jan (I think…)
Neshie, 31, TTC #1, on cycle 9, after stopping the pill 18 months ago (took 10 months for AF to return!) BPF due 12th January Fx
MotherOfCleo TTC#1, cycle 3, 5dpo, BFP due New Years Day.
Viviennewestwould, 41, childless hag, TTC one year (mmc in March), on Clomid, ovulating today!
Pipbin 37 cycle 16 BFP due 26/12

Zombies, 32, almost 3 wks pg (by my calculation)- per standard 
measurement from LMP, 6 weeks pg, PCOS. 
MeanMrsMustard 31, 5 weeks pregnant. 
Quod,33, PG
Purplemonster, PG
Janey 38, 12 week scan on Christmas Eve
HazleNutt, due June 21st
Rach, 34, 13+4 pg, due 26th June

Apologies if I've missed you or got something wrong

Pipbin Tue 08-Jan-13 22:42:28

So I had my pre op today for my lap and dye. I was so worried that I would be too heavy and over the 30 BMI that I haven't eaten much for the last couple of days. As it was she weighed me and told me not to worry. Hurrah.
We have had an offer on the house, but lost the one we really loved.
Poor old DH spent all day yesterday clearing out the cellar, which is no mean feat when the head clearance is 6ft and you are 6ft4. Which meant he didn't have the energy to DTD, I have been plying him with drink tonight so hopefully we should get it done tonight. That said, my op is in ten days and although they say they test for pg before they go ahead I wonder if it would show as I don't think I've ov'd yet.

Viv sounds like you have a good plan, just take it slow and make sure you make the right choices.

pg ladies I will be sad to see you go, make sure you keep in touch and call the thread the Elderberries thread so we can find you when we all get our BFPs, Janey I'm planning to join you in a month or two.

Pipbin Tue 08-Jan-13 22:44:35
Bunnygirlie Tue 08-Jan-13 22:48:02

Crikey pip you go girl!

P.s. hope all goes well with op, I have to admit I don't know what one is. Off to google I go.

Bunnygirlie Tue 08-Jan-13 22:48:38

Apologies again if my comments upset anybody x

Rache1S Tue 08-Jan-13 23:01:39

Bunny I can't speak for the others but I see what you mean and it's absolutely fine so absolutely no need to feel bad. It's not that long ago that I was TTC and I completely appreciate how mentally tough it can be.

Janey has started a 'Graduated elderberries' thread in Ante-natal Clubs so we hope to see you all there soon, and if any of you want to stop by for a chat and a brew now I am sure you will be very welcome.

Good news on your pre op Pip and good news on the house. It sound like this is shaping up to be your year grin

Boodle9 Tue 08-Jan-13 23:21:10

Love that article Pip/Emily! smile Well said, you! I think unless you teach, or you live with a teacher (Poor DH...) it is very difficult to appreciate how intense it can be, even with the holidays! At a family gathering last year (summer half term) I was getting ribbed about it - 'another week off...in at 9, out at 3...' blah, blah, blah. I sweetly pointed out that yes, I was very lucky, I only had 31 reports to write that half term - 2 hours each to write, proof read, and print...a 62 hour working week! Bliss... hmm

On a serious note, I do sometimes wonder whether it affects my health. I do find it a stressful job (some of that I know is particular to my current position) and I worry it might be having an impact on TTC. Either of you feel that way ever, Happy and Pip?

viviennewestwould Tue 08-Jan-13 23:45:57

I'll be sorry to see you go, Janey, you seem lovely. You, too, Hazle and other leavers. Bunny, don't feel bad - these ladies know exactly how you feel and won't resent you for speaking up.

Thank you, Boodle and Pip, for your messages of support. Pip, can you remind me why you're having a lap & dye, please? How does one know when one needs one? confused

I'm CD2...how depressing is that? sad I set up my brand new CBFM today! hmm

viviennewestwould Tue 08-Jan-13 23:56:48

Happy, Bellissima & Bunny, I thank you, too, for your kind words.

Pipbin Wed 09-Jan-13 00:10:54

I don't get too stressed with my job tbh, so I'm not sure. But I do know that I'm far less inclined to DTD when I'm stressed.

Viv. The lap and dye came about because I had been referred to the fertility clinic by my GP. They established all was good with him and my levels were good, cycles regular etc. So next was an HSG when they essentially blast a load of dye up your foof and X-ray it. This showed that one tube is blocked and the other was not up to standard. So the lap and dye is the next step where they have a poke about and clear the tubes. If they can't clear them then off to IVF.

viviennewestwould Wed 09-Jan-13 00:23:23

Thanks, Pip. Would you say I don't need this kind of exploratory work due to having been pregnant last January? I haven't had a BFP since and I can't help wondering whether there's something wrong.

HazleNutt Wed 09-Jan-13 06:31:07

No problem bunny, I'll still be checking how you're all doing as well. But you're right, it makes more sense to have a separate thread for all the pram and nursery talk.

Pipbin Wed 09-Jan-13 07:45:13

Not sure Viv I have never been pregnant so I guess that the blocked tubes have stopped that happening.

Bunnygirlie Wed 09-Jan-13 08:14:15

Phew, glad I haven't upset anybody.

I just thought PG ladies might get fed up with talk of ov sticks, cm, poas BFNs and AFs and TTC ladies might not want to read about prams and getting fat.

Us TTCers hope to join your new thread soon to chat about all things baby smile but please pop in for a cuppa now and again.

retroelement Wed 09-Jan-13 16:25:24

Ugh, I am still ill, which is really making the temperature charting thing pointless. And last night my downstairs neighbours had an all night party. I am SO TIRED and so broody that I cried at the Aviva advert (look how happy the whole family is when they become grandparents at the end!).

I am about to book very expensive flights to visit a developing country next month; the kind of place where everyone gets food poisoning and would think twice about going if they were pregnant. This tips the odds towards a BFP this month, right?

And to shove my noobie oar in, I think it's nice that people want to stick around after they get their BFP, for the sense of community, but I agree that it would be good if the actually-going-to-have-a-baby topics could be discussed elsewhere.

viviennewestwould Wed 09-Jan-13 17:32:52

Retro, you wouldn't be going to the Dominican Republic, would you? shock

Boodle9 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:36:21

Retro Sorry you had a crappy night and are feeling ill too, but I totally hear you on the Aviva advert! Had never noticed until TTC but so many adverts are centred around a very stereotypical family set up and life path, and they always sting a little bit.

Thing that bothers me most at the moment though is that I seem to know a lot of new grandparents/grandparents to be, and they keep going on about it being 'the best gift they could get'. My rational self knows exactly what they mean, but there's a little bit of me that hates it and thinks if it were only so easy as getting someone a gift!

Ladies - I need some thoughts on a potential problem I have. My scans (abdominal and potentially vaginal...the dildocam!) are next week and I've just clicked that will be 10DPO. Fine for most people but, assuming a normal month for me, I won't get that far and it will more likely be CD1/2.

I don't want to cancel it as they could still do the abdominal scan (Doctor said they might not even need to do the vaginal - just depends.) but is that selfishly hogging a slot someone else could have if they do need me to come back in?

retroelement Wed 09-Jan-13 20:41:18

umm no? (I am worried I have missed a huge piece of news about a tragedy in the DR and you will all shun me)

retroelement Wed 09-Jan-13 20:42:25

(sorry for cross-post with you boodle, that was in response to viv)

retroelement Wed 09-Jan-13 20:51:07

Boodle, I don't have direct experience of this, but I think you should go, and not worry about it. They will do the tests they can do, and hopefully that will move things forward and get you first in the queue for dildocam if that's what's needed.

The only person you'd be bumping is someone like yourself, so your needs are just as important. If someone needed an emergency scan, I'm sure they would get one whether you were there or not.

Aquarius1 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:04:34

evening all
pip glad your pre-op went well. sorry about your house situation - great that you had an offer though in this market! hope it was a decent one?

retro sorry you're not feeling well and boo to your noisy neighbours - that'd drive me mad.

boodle I'd say don't cancel as you never know. I find sometimes my period is late when i'm doing out of the ordinary or waiting for something (like eg on both holidays last year). yours could be delayed or if not at least it would be worth going for the abdominal scan. it'd be a shame to have to go back on the waiting list. i'm probably a bit selfish but I wouldn't worry about hogging a slot- they may well not be able to fill it at a week's notice anyway??

I'm off to the docs tomorrow. hope i can get some help - there's no way I'm going through such horrendous cramps again (unless there's a baby at the end of it)

Boodle9 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:06:57

You know what, as soon as I had typed that, I thought 'sod it! I'm going anyway...' 17 cycles of TTC necessitates selfish behaviour! (But if I was still on the fence, you'd have convinced me, retro!)

Boodle9 Wed 09-Jan-13 21:08:45

Cross-posted with Aquarius -you'd have convinced me too! Good luck at the docs tomorrow - you definitely don't want to go through that sort of misery for nothing!

viviennewestwould Wed 09-Jan-13 21:55:39

Retro, I totally missed the 'developing country' bit and homed in on the 'everybody gets food poisoning' blush

Aquarius, it's good to hear you're going to seek answers for that horrid pain you had. Good luck.

Pipbin Wed 09-Jan-13 22:46:13

Well the person who put the offer in on the house has vanished! The Estate agents asked her to come back in with her agreement in principle and they haven't heard from her since. However we had another viewing and they loved it and are coming back on Saturday for another look. So who knows, could be a bidding war!

As far as TTCing goes DH seems determined to get the job done, whether I'm awake or not!

Bunnygirlie Wed 09-Jan-13 23:00:47

Still not getting any action here, I was ill Monday and hubby still not 100% and had stressful day today, he has tomorrow and Friday off work so fingers crossed no work will help the situation. We are going away fri/sat nights so hopefully will be a dirty weekend if we're not too late already that is!
Started ov sticks again this month and no positive today but guessing tomorrow is the day so weekend may be too late :-(
Hubby started getting heart palpitations last few times we tried to DTD, nit sure if stress related or could be recovering from cold but docs wants to check his thyroid so he has blood test tomorrow, hope it isn't anything nasty or I'll feel very guilty for making all this fuss confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now