Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

Dildals Thu 07-Feb-13 10:51:07

delilah I was saying to DH last night I CAN'T WAIT for the morning sickness to start (because it is considered a good sign). He was slightly incredulous. I haven't told ANYONE at work, I'd rather die. It is easier with my job to disappear off though for a doctor's appointment. Two of my friends know and my mum of course.

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 14:36:37

God, I won't be telling my mum until 12 weeks. I love her, but I couldn't be doing with coping with her mentalling. This will be the first grandchild for my side of the family. She doesn't even have a clue we've had fertility treatment. My friends I am going to tell if I get as far as a successful viability scan.
MIL knows all about the treatment (thanks DH) and we are off down there to visit this weekend. She's been told not to raise the topic though, and she's easy to get on with and unpushy so I doubt she will.
Still having a few minor cramps, but they are not too AF like. Still worrying though.

How's everyone else today?

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 07-Feb-13 16:21:13

Had my parents down here for lunch today. They, and pretty much everyone else, know what we're doing but that's fine and how we chose to do it

Am feeling ok, sore boobs and knackered, but it could be the sticky toffee pudding making me sleepy

ScarlettInSpace Thu 07-Feb-13 16:44:28

I kept it mostly a secret last time, and I think that added to the stress and the feeling what I was doing was wrong.

This time I've told most people tbh and it has totally normalised the whole thing.

We've told a few close friends and our close family. They all know we've been TTC for ages now so it seemed only natural to tell them we've taken this step. I feel like Scarlett in that if I kept it a secret it would feel more shameful to me, also if it didn't/doesn't work I would want the sympathy.

dildals my stomach muscles have been really pinging when I try to get up from bed or off the sofa. I think it must be something to do with the ligaments relaxing although it is very early for that I would have thought.

northey I started to feel bloating and grumpy around day 7 of stimming but maybe you will escape that. However - I still feel bloated and grumpy so maybe it's just me!

delilah yay for thick dark lines!

Sharonbenn Thu 07-Feb-13 17:49:37

Hello ladies

I've got a funny jump in the thread on the 6th of feb but I now realise that Delilah you got your BFP. That's amazing news. I understand your caution but I'm so pleased for you. For all of you. and fingers crossed for those on the 2Ww.

I wish that I was joining in. The waiting seems endless. We had the new patient info evening last night although as my boyfriend said they only told us what I already know. I've been reading about IVF for nearly a year I could probably have taken the talk!

AF due tomorrow then finally it will be the count down until down reg. I'm nervous, scared stiff in fact but keen to get going.

I've told no one at work, my mum and dad and brother and a couple of friends. My BF has only told his sister. He doesn't want to tell his mum. My mum has been great so far.

On the way home last night my boy said 'it's funny but I keep forgetting that not all babies are made this way'. Bless him, I don't forget that fact for a minute.

Have a lovely evening everyone. I'm off ballroom dancing. It is the highlight of my week.

Sharon x

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 19:01:34

Just back from the doctors - 1st beta was 212 grin grin grin Very healthy.

My GP wrote my a private prescription for all the pessaries I need, now to track down a pharmacy with them in stock... Oh an pay of course.

Feeling slightly more confident about this pregnancy now.

Northey Thu 07-Feb-13 19:07:24

Fab news delilah! And excellent also about the pessaries - I know how much you are enjoying them smile

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 19:26:00

Northey I have heard them described as 'waxy arse bullets'
I have (hopefully!) another 8 weeks of shoving them where the sun doesn't shine. Oh joy.

Northey Thu 07-Feb-13 19:34:02

I'll look forward to getting cracking on them too!

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 07-Feb-13 19:42:16

Fab news Delilah

Wonderful Delilah!

EuroShagmore Thu 07-Feb-13 20:29:16

Great news delilah!

I do hate the fanny candles. They are just foul things.

Northey Thu 07-Feb-13 20:42:28

Fanny candles? Arse bullets? Where exactly am I mean to shove these things?

Dildals Thu 07-Feb-13 20:55:20

A couple of weeks ago there was this spill in the news. They didn't know what it was, but birds were found covered in 'a white waxy substance'. I remember smiling and thinking 'probably a container of Cyclogest gone overboard' smile

Dildals Thu 07-Feb-13 20:57:27

fairy but if we both have it, it must be something? My (pregnant) friend was saying that progesterone and relaxin starts being produced immediately, so maybe it is?

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 21:00:06

Northey it is entirely up to you, both holes have their advantages and disadvantages.
Euro PMSL at fanny candles. grin
didals I didn't think of that. Cyclogest is noxious though, so maybe you are correct wink

Anyway, I have a brain like a sieve - when is the next testing date? Or EC date coming up?

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 21:54:34

One question for you all - how many embryos did you / will you have put back?

I am slightly scared by the thought of twins. <wibble>

EuroShagmore Thu 07-Feb-13 22:40:37

norfy, the choice is yours. It's part of the vast smorgasbord that is the IVF drug regime!

delilah as I'm natural, it would only ever be one, but when we were doing full IVF we also planned on one. I'm torn on twins - harder pregnancy, manic couple of first years with the babies, but a family ready made in one go. I think there are plusses and minusses either way!

Northey Thu 07-Feb-13 22:46:53

Wow, I didn't realise it was up to me! Can I alternate? wink

I know the risks of twins, but I am quite drawn to the idea. Especially as it might make me feel less need to force myself through the whole TTC disaster zone for a second time if I already had two.

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 07-Feb-13 22:50:09

I'd be happy with twins but as we got to blast stage and I'm under 38 our clinic recommended 1.
Apparently the chances of having twins with 1 egg from IVF are twice as high as with a natural conception anyway, although still only 1%

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 07-Feb-13 22:51:15

Let's hope you've not having 4 Delilah!

EuroShagmore Thu 07-Feb-13 23:03:56

My bff has id twins from an FET. They are absolutely lovely but such hard work and her pregnancy has some worrying moments. I was much keener on twins before she had them!

I wonder why id twins are more common with IVF. <Muses>

keepitgoing Fri 08-Feb-13 03:58:18

Congratulations Delilah, hope you can start to relax now otd is here.

Re twins/embryos. I was told we have a 35-40% chance of success if we put back one, 55% if we put back two, with a 10% chance of twins (ie if it's a bfp it'd be about 20% chance of twins). We're a bit torn, and of course don't even know how many embryos we'll get now, but I think given this is attempt no 1, and I'm 30, that we will go with one this time.

Also wonder why chance of identical is higher with ivf.

northey I hear you on that. Oh, to never have to think of TTC again...

keepitgoing Fri 08-Feb-13 03:59:42

grin shock at Delilah's quads.

This thread is not accepting new messages.