Anyone else want to join me in getting ready for ivf in 2013? Good egg buddies wanted!!!

(1000 Posts)
Karbea Mon 17-Dec-12 18:26:17

Hello,

Dh and I have been trying for over 2 years and had one failed ivf (Icsi) attempt at the Argc last spring. We are going to go again in the new year.

I wondered if anyone else was planning to do the same? And whether anyone fancied joining me in 'princessing' (stolen from style & beauty smile ) for ivf?

I'm not sure what this means in terms of what I'll do, really hoping for some help in researching how to get the best eggs ever, and perhaps how to improve dh's little swimmers....

Anyone up for being a good egg buddy?

Northey Wed 06-Feb-13 10:07:31

Well done again, dildals (what on earth does your name mean, btw?!).

My partner did actually manage a dry January. And he has promised that he is cutting down on caffeine. All his samples are really good though, so I don't feel I have many grounds to push him too hard. We know the problem is with me (double tubal failure and anovulation), so really I should focus on myself. Is a sausage sandwich good or bad from a TTC point of view, because I really fancy one. Protein, but processed. Hmmm. But mmmm smile

delilahbelle Wed 06-Feb-13 10:53:53

Go for the sausage sandwich Northey I have some in the fridge for lunch. smile

Congrats again didals , let us know the date for your 1st scan. And any symptoms you have!

Thanks for the support so far everyone else, it's been very much needed and appreciated.

I'm still off work today, but no long the sobbing quivering mess I was yesterday - might tell my boss I'll actually be in tomorrow, just because sitting at home endlessly googling early pregnancy shite gets rather dull. I will make the decision later today based on one of the 1001 knicker checks I am doing. Thankfully next week is 1/2 term so no work related guilt hanging over me.

CaipirinhasAllRound Wed 06-Feb-13 11:09:06

delilah goog le is a bloody nightmare isn't it! I'm feeling tons better from the OHSS which is great but I'm now also worried that that means the IVF didn't work as I think the symptoms would have got worse not better. I'm off work until Monday and not testing until next Wednesday x

keepitgoing Wed 06-Feb-13 11:18:56

Too early, caip!

Oh I meant to say we bought the millions of pills online, as we aren't in the uk at the moment. Think they're always cheaper online.

I don't think sausage sandwiches are ever wrong, north

delilahbelle Wed 06-Feb-13 11:37:14

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you caip This thread has a lucky feel about it smile Are you the next to test? I've not seen isabeller on her for a while, and I think she's on the 2WW too...

Currently doing some work paperwork. It's taking my mind off my symptoms, or rather lack of them. Nearly time for another knicker check. Pray no more spotting.

delilahbelle Wed 06-Feb-13 11:39:34

Quick read back - how could I have forgotten that Euro is in the 2WW too. Hows things going?

EuroShagmore Wed 06-Feb-13 12:06:13

delilah I'm glad the knicker checking is going well!

I'm doing ok. Halfway through the wait now - a week post EC and a week pre OTD. Not feeling anything that makes me think this has worked. With my chem pregs I had symptoms v early. I'm finding it very difficult to focus on work, which is not surprising really.

Norf, I'm sure your decision has been made by now, but sausage=protein and that has to be a good thing!

Fingers xed for everyone else on the 2ww!

Dildals Wed 06-Feb-13 12:13:02

Northey errr the name doesn't mean anything ... I just had to pick something when I signed up!

delilah Scan is booked in for the 28th of Feb. No symptoms really. Sore boobs, flatulence I am happy to report is diminishing :-) , and thirsty. But at this point I don't think there are normally too many symptoms. And the pessaries are probably the culprit of most of those.

Northey Wed 06-Feb-13 12:13:04

The sausage sandwich was very good indeed. I am certain that happy relaxation and plenty of water is the best thing really. And perhaps the odd additional handful of blueberries.

It's partly self-preservation, actually. If I kill myself with weird dietary and exercise restrictions and convince myself that I am doing it for a bfp, and then the bfp doesn't come... I was so depressed and awful after the second ectopic, it makes me place more weight than previously on managing my emotional health. So I SHALL be having a chocolate biscuit with my decaf coffee this afternoon smile

euro, if you feel symptoms for pregnancies that fail, I would say a lack of symptoms could reasonably indicate a pregnancy that wont fail... Obviously it could also indicate a non-pregnancy sad but don't write it all off just yet.

delilahbelle Wed 06-Feb-13 12:34:55

I too have just eaten my sausage sandwich Northey
didals three weeks tomorrow! Really not that long to wait. How many weeks/days will you be then? I have no scans booked yet, I need to arrange my own via a local clinic when I am confident about this pregnancy. Or you never know, the GP might refer me to the EPU, we shall see.
Euro I had no symptoms until 8dp2dt, and then only sore boobs and tiredness. Hopefully you'll get some symptoms son, or if not a lovely BFP anyway.

Anyway, still no further spotting, and boobs slightly sore. Possibly also slightly sicky feeling, although I could be imagining it.
My current theory is both implanted, then one didn't make it, causing a dramatic drop in symptoms. The spotting was the progesterone pessaries irritating my cervix, and the v painful cramps turned out to be indigestion in the end. Possibly caused by golden flaxseed I was eating, I've stopped that high fibre rubbish now. TMI but pessaries going up the tradesman's entrance are better than an enema for cleaning you out.

All I can do is take it a day at a time though.

keepitgoing Wed 06-Feb-13 13:39:44

That's what I was going to say to euro as well, northey. Those pregnancies didn't work, so you don't want one like that! Also I just don't understand how you could get symptoms so early. I mean, you def had an embryo put back this time, so surely that'd give you as many symptoms as poss at say 3dpo.

Also I think that's true about obsessing over eating making a bfn even worse.

I like that theory, delilah!

EuroShagmore Wed 06-Feb-13 13:58:11

That thought had crossed my mind, keepit and norfy! Maybe it is a good sign. I'm just sceptical. Hopefully I will have to come on here and eat my words next week!

keep I've never understood how I could get symptoms so early. I can feel ovulation and I temp, so I know exaclty when I ovulate. And I have had nausea at 2dpo on two occasions! I don't understand biologically how it could happen as the embryo isn't even trying to attach at that point, but if you read symptom spotting threads, quite a few women say they know within days.

Norfy I feel the same. I really resented my months off caffeine and alcohol last year. I didn't feel like me. As we are in this for a three cycle haul, I think it is important to be kind to yourself and not become resentful of the process.

BTW, when mentalling googling about two day trasfers a few days ago, I stumbled across this. The video halfway down the page is amazing.
healthland.time.com/2010/10/04/a-new-way-to-predict-which-ivf-embryos-will-lead-to-pregnancy/

Karbea Wed 06-Feb-13 14:28:20

Right!

I've been to holland and Barrett, I'm going to take my normal pregnacare, omega 3-6-9 with dha, royal jelly, maca, spirulina & chlorella.

And going to try and keep to the baby making bible. Anyone else doing it?

keepitgoing Wed 06-Feb-13 14:47:54

But euro thousands of other women are convinced they're pregnant each month and then aren't! Is it a case of proof after the event? I never have been, either convinced or pregnant, though, so what do I know...

Hi all - still some v light cramping today, but it comes and goes and could be my imagination at times because I am so nervous. Otherwise the progesterone bloating and flatulence has calmed down, I'm pleased to say! My breasts are more sore now and bigger - I am quite flat chested so any increase is very noticeable, or at least DH says.

Scan is booked for 25 Feb. Seems a really long time from now. How many times will I rush to the loo to 'check' between now and then?

caip and euro I had symptoms come and go through the 2ww, apparently your body can get used to the progesterone and the symptoms decrease accordingly but it has nothing to do with whether you're pregnant or not.

karbea I had been wondering what happened to the originator of the thread! Thanks for starting it, it's been really helpful.

keep i agree with you, I think that if you have fallen pregnant you tend to remember the symptoms you had then and forget all the times you had symptoms and weren't pregnant.

delilah I'm glad things are not over for you! I've been alternating 'front and back' for the progesterone because the doctor told me you can get irritation if you use the same each time day and night. It still is rather messy though and my clinic advises to keep using it until 77 dpo! That's the whole first trimester.

delilahbelle Wed 06-Feb-13 16:52:40

fairy I had been told that about symptoms vanishing. I really hope the spotting was implantation or irritation. My biggest fear is I've had a chemical pregnancy again, with 3 in my past it's always on my mind. And if I have maybe the pessaries are just keeping AF away. sad
I've got so stay on the pessaries until 70 days post official test date, thats 84dpo. Mad. I'm on estrogen patches for that long as well.
As for rushing to the loo - I think we are all going to be on knicker watch.
keep the symptoms I have each month even when I know I can't be pregnant sometimes suprise me, I think you just have to disregard them all in the early days. Though of course we don't.
karbea thanks for starting a useful thread. And OMG at all those supplements, you will rattle! Hopefully they'll make a difference though.
Euro my clinic did that watching the embryos develop thing! It's nice to read about what a positive difference it makes to outcomes.
Northey hope you enjoyed your biscuit. I had a lovely chocolate cookie this afternoon, but with water as we are out of milk for tea. And I'm too lazy to leave the house to buy some!

DH home tonight, he will be cooking dinner and generally looking after me. smile

Isabeller Wed 06-Feb-13 23:04:48

Hi, waves at delilah, I am indeed in the 2ww and I've been able to lurk a little bit and got some really useful information about side effects - thanks fairy.

I've had a few symptoms probably caused by a cold or indigestion. I'm trying hard not to give too much headspace to obsessing and fortunately busy enough to be distracted lot of the time. I am very tired though and wish I could rest more.

I wish I could name check properly but hope you will accept some thanksthanks thanks instead, good luck everyone xx Is

delilahbelle Wed 06-Feb-13 23:43:16

I am celebrating the end of a day with no spotting.
New symptoms for me - insomnia and what feels like a UTI. Needing to pee loads, constant ache (but not painful) in the bladder area. Off to doctors again tomorrow for antibiotics maybe. <sigh>

Northey Thu 07-Feb-13 06:18:07

God, mixing injections really is the last thing I feel like at 5.45am.

When is your test date, isabeller?

Good luck with the pessaries, delilah. That's an awful lot to be shoving up shock

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 07:08:47

Tell me about it northey. Still, it they do the trick...
POAS again this morning, the line was very much darker, as dark as the control line. Some comfort there. I was woken by hideous painful cramping, which again turned out to be wind. This made me very happy, DH less so. envy grin <<<our faces.
I am almost starting to hope again, but until I get my results from the second beta-HCG I won't think I'm actually pregnant.

Northey Thu 07-Feb-13 08:09:50

I am starting to get some tenderness around the ovary area. Nothing very much though. How soon did other people start to feel anything? I am on day 7 of stimms. First scan tomorrow.

Dildals Thu 07-Feb-13 09:49:15

I have sore stomach muscles now since Monday, at first I thought it was because of the swim session I did that day but it's still sore now! Also woke up last night with stomach cramps, not the AF variety though, thankfully. Not sure what's going on in there. Another random one to add to the list: toe cramp! Of course I googled all this but I think if I google 'green hair and early pregnancy' it will still come up with results. On the stomach muscles and cramps people were saying on the 'net that it's due to uterus expanding, but I can't imagine that they are big enough to actually make a difference in that respect. Unless maybe, it's TWINS! Really big ones! haha. Oh, and I am thirsty, dry mouth ... especially at night. OK, that's my moaning done for the day. How weird is it by the way that a group of strangers (that's you) know that I am pregnant, but that everyone else IRL will only get told after 12 weeks.

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 09:56:06

I am pleased to report some nausea this morning. Is it weird I'm hoping for the start of morning sickness?

didals this thread is a godsend. IRL I have told my two line managers, as I wanted them to know why I was off work, but other than that we are keeping it on the down low for a bit. I'm not sure we'll make 12 weeks though, maybe 8... I am hoping to have scans if the pregnancy continues at 6+2 and 8+2. I just need to book and pay for them! For those of you cycling in Oxford, the Beard Mill clinic near Stanton Harcourt does a huge variety of pregnancy scans, if you want more than the basic ones you get on the NHS.

melika Thu 07-Feb-13 10:03:21

Good luck girls, I wish you all the best. thanks Here have a bunch!

Isabeller Thu 07-Feb-13 10:13:55

OTD 15th Northey, only 8 days smile

Hope everyone is having a good day xx Is

This thread is not accepting new messages.