Santa Baby, Leave a BFP under the Tree for me <brook the Rat Smacketeers>

(958 Posts)
SantasLittleControlGeek Wed 05-Dec-12 19:44:16

Old Fred here

Here we go Brookers, it's been a long year with lots of BFPs and newborn snuggles for the Brookers. We're just a sleigh-ride away from 2013, when the rest of us will get our get our 12 week scans (because of course we will all have BFPs under the christmas tree this year!)

So come all ye brookers, it's tinsel and baubels all the way!

Oh Cups I am so sorry to hear about your Granddad. That must be so hard for him losing his memory so suddenly. How are you all coping?

That is fantastic news about your interview though, well done you. How are you feeling about the one on Tuesday? I am sure you will ace that one too.

Geek I am so jealous of your farmyard antics. I would love an alpaca so so much. At our local farm, there is one with my name. I didn't know whether to be insulted or not grin

SweetieTime Fri 25-Jan-13 15:34:32

Cup well done on the interview front. Sorry to hear of your grandad, it is awful to see. We had an elderly aunt who was the sake. Coped ok at home but then went really down hill on rest bite care. She seemed fine in her home but as soon out of the familiar surrounding and routine dementia set in. She forgot she smoked within a week and had smoked 60 a day for 40 years. Hope you are ok, are your family with you supporting?

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 25-Jan-13 15:39:38

It's really hard seeing him like that, I keep thinking of how he used to be. My parents divorced when I was 2 and I have no contact with my dad so I'm very close to my grandad. I'm not visiting tonight unless my family need me to, I've been everyday this week & I really need a break.

I'm nervous about the interview on Tuesday, in a way I don't want the job as its a bit too far away. But I can't keep waiting for the perfect job to turn up around the corner.

Have you heard anything back yet Maybe? How you getting on with finishing off your work from the phd?

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 25-Jan-13 15:45:18

My sister has to go home tomorrow & my mum is going back on Saturday. That's why I'm going to try to miss tonight as it will be only be DH & I around for few days to look after my nan & visit him. My mum will be coming back next week sometime. My mum is struggling with it all, she feels like she is letting him down if she lets him go into a home & my nan really doesn't want him to go into one. Sorry for the me me me posts.

Solars Fri 25-Jan-13 16:23:26

Beedle, Cups it was cousins first attempt at ivf, so was brilliant news as she'd never had a bfp before, she'd had one failed iui & one cancelled iui prior to this ivf cycle. So it really can happen, getting a result on the first attempt!

Cups that is excellent news about your job and everything crossed you get the result you want for Tuesdays interview. So sorry to hear about your grandad though, that's very sad. Your poor mum and nan, hopefully they will see it as the best place to get the care and attention he needs in a home but I can see where they are coming from.

Geek I hope you are beginning to recover now. I have now sent off the registration form for the new clinic, my gynae's secretary has assured me that the referral letter will go early next week. So lots more waiting still and the potential for an ironic bfp Have you had your confirmation of your op date yet?

Maybe I wouldn't be insulted by the alpaca with your name thay can be quite cute until they get a hair cut like these grin

Solars I was proper chuckling away then, an all of a sudden it diverted me to 'local slags' shock grin

I'm so pleased for your cousin, such lovely news.

Cups you're right to take a break tonight. It will do you the world of good

keepitgoing Sun 27-Jan-13 04:41:24

solars what fab fab fab news for your cousin. One cancelled iui and one failed iui, you say? Just like me...

cups what a stressful time for you and your family. Sending you good thoughts. Also well done on the sender interview.

So I am holed up in a hotel room with d&v. Nice. Food poisoning? A bug? I don't know, but it just started last night. Yuk

My niece is 27 months, and chatters away non stop. She's blond and curly, and adored by all Thais, including men.

Still no AF, or spotting. 17 days post trigger, 16 days post iui. Could this mean I didn't respond to the trigger, so iui would have been mistimed? We did keep on smacking the rat, but that would be annoying. Although I don't relish AF cramps to add to existing gut cramps.

Now, can someone start us a new thread? im sick of this song in my head

Sorry to not check all, I feel rubbish...

SweetieTime Sun 27-Jan-13 09:23:59

New Fred

Ladies I have given it my best shot!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now