Assisted Conceptions (and all the bits in-between) Volume 11

(1001 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 03-Dec-12 20:30:15

I really hope I haven't missed someone else starting this!

twinklestar2 Thu 13-Jun-13 22:09:32

Just wanted I let you all know I spoke to the clinic and I'm going to be doing the short protocol.

I have around 2 weeks till I start stimming so around 4 weeks till EC.

is there anything I should be doing now? My diet is generally healthy and I run once/twice week. I had my last drink last Friday.

Luckystarfour Fri 14-Jun-13 00:00:46

Official congrats ginger believe believe - it really is happening!!!

vanilla you have absolutely every right to rant! This sounds very similar to the slap dash experience we had with Care. There is nothing wrong with pursuing this as a complaint. What evidence do they have to say they told you this! I sometimes think clinics rely on our vulnerability and think we wont complain when they've got it so wrong! You have been needlessly been putting drugs in your system for a round that hasn't gone ahead. I would hit them with it if you have the energy sweetie. just because they have your frozen embryo - it can be moved in a flash by yourselves - so do not fear. just ensure you feel comfortable with your next steps.

juicy great news on the egg collection, I hope you had some good numbers - we are all waiting to hear from you :-)

twinkle star great news - not long now then!!

AFM - Had a chat with our consultant tonight about the possibility of squeezing in a natural insemination with donor sperm next month. I just really have a gut feeling that my eggs are not such a problem, but the extra stimulation of increased menopur may have caused the egg factors last round. Going to give it a week or so to reach our decision. We will still line ourselves up for a double donor round in August, but we could squeeze this in during July if we decide.

Still believing smile xxx

JuicySteak Fri 14-Jun-13 08:18:43

Morning, lovelies, just a quick post to update you on Day One: 9 eggs were retrieved, seven were mature and fertilized and six have become 'good-looking' embryos. What should I make of all this?

Luckystarfour Fri 14-Jun-13 08:37:56

Good statistics jewcy I know it feels like you want all eggs collected as embryos but this is statistically a good fertilisation rate :-) 7 is good to go with!!! Keep a really close eye on the front runners now. I've even had a day 3 and a day 5 transfer in the same cycle before to get the best ones back. If there is a front runner by day 3 maybe consider it if you're having two put back. Everything crossed for you. How are you finding the clinic and the feedback out there?? Xx

JuicySteak Fri 14-Jun-13 15:44:59

Lucky, we don't have a choice about a 3-day transfer; they don't exist at these Czech clinics! We have paid for the embryoscope so are confident that the most viable blastos (we are guaranteed two) will be transferred smile I have a friend on another thread who just returned from Reprofit (close by) and is pregnant after two 5-day blastos were transferred. Her clinic doesn't offer embryo monitoring, though, which is why we chose Reprogenesis. For women over 40 their success rate is 62%. We really are being given the best opportunity we could ask for. The clinic is beautiful and our coordinator has been superb from start to finish smile

Do you know which direction you are going next, Lucky? How are you feeling at the moment, love?

Thank you, everyone else, for your good wishes. I will update every day, I promise xx

gingernutdreams Fri 14-Jun-13 17:28:56

That's great embie numbers Juicy, I have fingers firmly crossed for two beautiful blastos for your ET.

Lucky I do hope you get to squeeze in the natural insemination! Good luck!

twinkle yey for being able to start your protocol in 2 weeks. You sound like you are doing just the right things with stopping drinking, eating well and exercising. The final stage is not to stop believing! wink

Vall how incredibly annoying/insulting! You have every right to rant and to pursue this further. Hugs to you.

I am still believing..... just hmm

twinklestar2 Fri 14-Jun-13 21:39:44

Ooh I feel bad you saying well done to me when I'm having 2 glasses of wine this evening blush

JuicySteak Fri 14-Jun-13 22:40:48

Twinkle, I haven't given up caffeine energy drinks. Whatsoever.

twinklestar2 Fri 14-Jun-13 22:46:48

Just want it to work so badly but need to keep my sanity too. It's so hard sad

MiniH Sat 15-Jun-13 07:12:47

twinkle if you can add milk -1l a day either as is or in yoghurt, cheese etc - Argc swear by it and there is evidence it helps egg quality which can be more of an issue with short protocol as they have less control over hormones as not down regged. Make sure when you are stimming you drink lots of water as well and good to build up to that in next few weeks.

valinna do they call on your mobile? If so you should have a record of no call coming in from them. Just a thought.

ginger keep believing my love, this is happening!

Xx

vallinnapod Sat 15-Jun-13 08:16:54

Hi Mini yes they do, and no I don't. If they start getting really pushy about it I well threaten mobile phone records.

waves

twinklestar2 Sat 15-Jun-13 15:34:34

Thx mini, I have cereal and a organic yoghurt every day but not quite up to 1L a day - jeez that is 2 pints! How the hell will I manage that?!

JuicyFatSausage Sat 15-Jun-13 17:50:39

Vall, I am so cross on your behalf that some knobhead has made your journey more frustrating. Bastards sad

Day Two Update: 5 embryos left, 1 x 5 cell, 2 x 4 cell, 1 x 3 cell & 1 x 2 cell.

Please Believe On My Behalf confused

gingernutdreams Sat 15-Jun-13 19:50:25

Juicy Well done on the 5 embies! I am firmly believing on your behalf! x

JuicyFatSausage Sat 15-Jun-13 21:31:48

Ginger, what did you have transferred in the end?

LadyJuice Sun 16-Jun-13 09:03:16

Day three update: 4 embryos

1 x 10 cell
1 x 9 cell
1 x 8 cell
1 x 7 cell

I am thrilled grin

gingernutdreams Sun 16-Jun-13 11:34:04

Yey LadyJuice! Go girl!

I had one day 5 blasto put back (FET). I tested again today (against DH's advice) and it said I am now 3 weeks + so things are looking good! grin

ManJuice Mon 17-Jun-13 08:10:11

Thank you, Ginger, I'm very happy for you about the digi resullt x

Day Four Update: 4 embryos

2 x compacted morula
2 x 9 cell

Don't think we'll have any to freeze by tomorrow after the two blastos are transferred sad Sorry if that sounds greedy, but this is our one and only chance if we don't get a frostie. I'm terrified of not having a back-up round. Is it bad news that the 8 & 7 cells from yesterday have only grown to nine cells today? Seems bad to me.

gingernutdreams Mon 17-Jun-13 18:24:28

Keep the faith ManJuice it could still be ok and you could get a frostie or two tomorrow as well as your 2 blasts to be put back. I don't think it is necessarily bad news that two have only grown by 1 or 2 cells. All the very best of luck for your transfer tomorrow!x

vallinnapod Mon 17-Jun-13 20:35:56

Fingers crossed for your transfer ManJuice.

Just searched the threads back to my IVF cycle. I got 18 eggs, 13 fertilised. Two went back on day 3 and 2 were frozen as blasts. Having 4 at this stage is great!

Beginningofthejourney Mon 17-Jun-13 22:58:18

Hi all haven't caught up with everyone but I just wanted to pop in to say I had a baby boy 3 weeks ago. He was almost 7 weeks early so spent the past 3 weeks in scbu but finally came home today. I know im biased but I think he is beautiful and am completely in love :-)
Don't stop believing x

Pocket1 Tue 18-Jun-13 07:33:40

Beginning honey, great to hear from you and massive congrats on the arrival of your darling baby boy. Sorry that his arrival was early and probably a bit scary, but wonderful to know you're both okay and he's now home. Just got a bit emotional reading your update - I'm so so pleased for you. My LO has just done a happy dance in my tummy for you both, she's due in two weeks!!

Juicy keep on believing, sending best wishes today for ET.

Ginger great that you're keeping on believing. Enjoy it, you deserve this so much x

Big hello to everyone else and please, keep on believing !

xsmilesmile

MingeJuice Tue 18-Jun-13 09:14:02

Congratulations, Beginning, that's beautiful news thanks

Wow! I don't think I've ever felt so hopeful in my life: two AA hatching blastocysts!! grin I cried when they told us they were 'perfect' and that my womb lining was 8mm and the transfer was 'perfect' and...blah...blah. Gosh, I'm so happy!

We were told the other two were 'stopped' overnight but, to be honest, we could not have asked for a more perfect result today.

Thank you all for your loveliness thanks

I'm believing at last! smile

vallinnapod Tue 18-Jun-13 10:04:29

Great news both Beginning and Juice!!

Fabulous start to the day.

I am off for another baseline scan at 11:30 to hopeful start this whole mess again....hmm

CaipirinhasAllRound Tue 18-Jun-13 11:29:05

Hi everyone
Mind if I join you (again)?
I'm waiting for AF to make an appearance (my grumpyness would suggest any day) so that we can crack on with attempt #3.
Our first go was long protocol in Nov but that was abandoned after 3 weeks of down regging as I reacted funny and developed 2 ovaries full of cysts which had to be drained. 2nd go was short protocol in Feb which went according to plan but just didn't work. We were really lucky and got 7 blasts to day 5 - 1 was used, 1 wasn't quite up to scratch and 5 we're frozen
This time we're going for a frozen cycle with 2 blasts but with long protocol drugs again (cysts won't matter this time as I don't need my ovaries to do anything)
I normally have a 24 days ish cycle but this one is currently day 29 or something like that and it's driving me nuts as I just want to get started!

beginning massive congrats
Good luck to everyone mid cycle at the mo and,at all other stages! X

This thread is not accepting new messages.