TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

111007kbaby Thu 20-Dec-12 11:33:25

I'm nearly 6 weeks I think x

BJZebra Thu 20-Dec-12 16:32:53

Congratulations kBaby!
It's a frustrating wait until the 12 week scan isn't it. I felt I couldn't celebrate until then with DD, tbh I then felt I couldn't relax until 20 week scan and so it went on ... X

111007kbaby Thu 20-Dec-12 16:56:04

Lol I no I had no worry with my 1st then after my miscarige I don't even no how I didn't worry with my little girl lol, well I've booked a private scan for the 20 th jan so hopefully it will all be ok fingers crossed.

caramal Thu 20-Dec-12 17:09:42

Hey can I join in smile we already have one DS who is almost 2

Had implant removed in Oct and after delays and setbacks we are now finally going to be TTC on boxing day. Want to really enjoy this Xmas and have a drink etc, last Xmas I was breast feeding and the Xmas before 2010 I was preg. Just so happens I'm most fertile around boxing day too so fingers crossed smile

BJZebra Fri 21-Dec-12 12:48:43

Welcome Caramal. IKWUM I was heavily pregnant last year at Christmas. You will be really able to savour baileys, sherry, port and smelly cheeses yum yum - if that's your thing!

pearl81 Sat 22-Dec-12 04:39:10

Hi ladies .... i.hv started to get my period's signals. Bad left leg pain ... very little abdomen (left) cramps, sore-breast … last month it came on 30th .... though it was 6days late from wht it was expected. But tht was may be coz of the wrong medicine. I m hoping it will come by 24th - 26th ... this month .... feeling so bad ... it seems this hs become quite impossible now.... Well i m nt keeping any hopes this mnth now ....

How abt u all .... i hope you all get good news soon...Lots of baby dusts on all of you ..and on me too ...
And yeah .... wishing u all Merry Christmas ... and A Very Happy New Year to all..

BJZebra Sat 22-Dec-12 14:06:56

Pearl - I'm due the same time as you probably Christmas Day. My dizzyness stopped yesterday and I feel fine now even had periody type cramps so I'm expecting AF although haven't given up all hope yet. Mind you, if I'm not PG then I may have to go to the GP anyway to find out what all that dizzyness was about.
At the very least I'll be able to have a christmas and new year drink wine Small consolation. hmm

BJZebra Sun 23-Dec-12 21:57:40

AF has arrived sad. I'm so lucky to have DD so am trying not to feel so sad.
How are you all doing?

111007kbaby Mon 24-Dec-12 09:56:29

I'm all g

111007kbaby Mon 24-Dec-12 09:57:50

I'm all good just aim for a jan bfp abit weird not having a Xmas drink or bday drink it's my bday today lol I no everyone's going to b asking y I'm not excuse time, lol xxx

BJZebra Mon 24-Dec-12 16:16:23

Happy Birthday kBaby!
What did you get?

111007kbaby Tue 25-Dec-12 11:41:25

A nice seven days in the Waldorf astoria new York wooo l

111007kbaby Tue 25-Dec-12 11:43:08

Lol excited and by the time I go I'll hopefully no what baby is so lpads of shopping, and I gt all the normal money perfume clothes. Merry Christmas every One hope you all have a lovely day xxxx

LondonSuperTrooper Fri 28-Dec-12 19:14:51

Hi Ladies!

Please can I join you? I'm TTC #2. My DS is exactly 5 and a half years old tomorrow... Looking forward to getting to know you all smile

111007kbaby Fri 28-Dec-12 22:35:20

Hya London how long you been TTC xxx

chocoloulou33 Fri 28-Dec-12 23:25:08

Hi london. I'm ttc my 2nd too. My dd is 5 too smile

MrsSpencerReid Fri 28-Dec-12 23:44:33

Hi, can I tag along? Started TTC #2 yesterday blush got preg really quick 1st time so hoping it happens quickly again but I know it prob won't! Am trying and failing to be relaxed about the whole thing smile

<Sigh>
Don't think its going to happen for me this month. We were dtd pretty frequently up until Sunday morning and my period tracker app thing had predicted ov on Saturday so was quite optimistic. However I could tell from CM (sorry Tmi) that ov was Wednesday or Thursday and we weren't able to dtd again as DP had broken his shoulder by then! sad
Wishing better luck for the rest of you.

BJZebra Sat 29-Dec-12 22:38:10

Hi, i've been down after AF arrived but now she's gone and time to try again. DD is now just over 11 months and I'm 40 in 1 month. Wld love 2 DC before I'm 41 smile

FutureMum Mon 31-Dec-12 10:42:29

Hi ladies, We've been TTC number 2 since July but no joy yet. Very excited about the future and wanting to complete our family so badly! I think it may be stress (we've had a relocation within England, a redundancy, two ftc and many changes in the middle), plus now I have hit the magical age where your fertility goes down the hill. It would be great to see how we are all doing and help each other keep chin up in the New Year. May it bring us the babies we want and need!!

111007kbaby Mon 31-Dec-12 12:36:39

Sending you all loads of baby dust in the new year xxxx

pearl81 Tue 01-Jan-13 16:46:56

Hi All...
Wishing you all a very happy new year. My AF arrived on 29th Dec and am on 4th day today. It had been really painful throughout also i bled(sry to mention) more than as it used to be. Going to see new gyn tomorrow as i already had a devastating exp with my prev gyn.

Hey Kbaby.... thanks for your lovely wish for this new year. I m really looking fwd to this wonderful experience to feel.

Sunshine28 Wed 02-Jan-13 12:49:42

Hi ladies - Can I join you please? I have just come off the pill and am 'thinking' about TTC #2. We are officially going to start trying in March but I am getting a bit over-excited about the prospect of adding to our family and may start before then. What sort of age gaps are you all hoping for? xxx

Fridgedooropen Wed 02-Jan-13 22:41:33

Hello, sticking my head around the door as I am also thinking of starting TTC#2 soon. It's not the best time as my DH is out of work atm but I am getting nervous about leaving it too late. I will be 40 next birthday so not got lots of time to waste. My rough plan is to start taking the vitamins asap and begin in Feb/March.

I have one DS already who will start school in the autumn so have left a largish gap, but then I didn't feel like I wanted two close together. Plus I will not be stuck then paying childcare for two at once.

I am seriously thinking about getting a fertility monitor. Has anyone here tried them?

LondonSuperTrooper Thu 03-Jan-13 09:39:22

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been away for a few days & now I’m back smile

111007kbaby This is my first cycle for TTC #2. I had a miscarriage last may (at 8 weeks) and it’s taken me this long to drum up the courage to get on the wagon for TTC again. What made it heartbreaking is that it took me around 10 months to conceive only to miscarry 8 weeks later.

Fridgedooropen I’m not using a fertility monitor. I've been using Clearblue digital OPK and they've been fine. I also have a largish gap and needed to have my DS at school as I couldn't afford to pay for two at once.

I usually ovulate on Day 14 & we DTD on the appropriate days. I’m now on Day 20 of my cycle. I can’t wait till I test next Wednesday (2 days before AF due)! I'm really excited about testing early - how sad am I?! My DH cannot understand why I have to test early. He keeps saying "well surely 2 days will not make a lot of difference" - bah what does he know!

In the meantime I have started walking for exercise and I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can before falling pregnant. I've now joined slimming world as I desperately need to lose the baby weight from having my DS.... almost 6 years ago blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now