TTC#2 - very exciting!! anyone want to join??!

(521 Posts)
sweetju Mon 03-Dec-12 14:41:40

Hi! I am due my period in the next few days (I hope! that's a first ;)) then I will officially be ttc! Very exciting times...

So I thought I would start a nice friendly thread so we can go on our ttc journey together!!

I have been taking folic acid when I remember the last few weeks or so and came off the pill a few months ago.. I'm not entirely sure of my cycles yet, but think I'm due thurs or fri..

So come say hi! x

LondonSuperTrooper Tue 22-Jan-13 14:20:30

Sorry that should read Francesca and not Frances ..... duh!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Tue 22-Jan-13 19:28:22

Francesca - I hope you are doing okay 'out there' in real life.

Francescarose Tue 22-Jan-13 19:33:20

Thanks all for your lovely messages.

Bridget: I am so sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. That must have been a horrible emotional rollercoaster. I hope you are feeling better and that this month brings you your lovely BFP. Yes I am testing early- today is 12dpo so I guess there's still hope but I think I might be clutching at straws!

Zebra sorry to hear you're finding it tough at the moment. It's impossible not to keep thinking about it isn't it?

London good luck with the ovulation shagfest smile

kbaby really hope you're feeling better very soon.

Francescarose Tue 22-Jan-13 20:36:06

Hi Bridget

I only just noticed that you checked on me earlier- thanks so much! I went quiet today as I was at work- sorry!

Really appreciate you thinking of me.

Sorelip Wed 23-Jan-13 11:15:21

Hi all, this is a just a quick one to say we have decided to wait for at least another 6 months before we TTC again. The delay will give us a chance to sort out the one debt we have, hopefully sort out DS' sleep pattern properly, and save a little emergency fund. Plus, one of my best friends has just got pregnant, and I'd like to be able to support her fully as she doesn't have much family.

Good luck everyone, I'll be thinking of you.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 23-Jan-13 13:01:14

Hello Sorelip thank you for popping in to say goodbye...I've enjoyed getting to know you on here and the "slightly pointless - waiting to ttc" thread.

I completely understand your decision to briefly postpone things and I hope the next 6 months fly by in the blink of an eye.

Good luck with the DS sleep project; it's so hard when your nights are disturbed. We still have the odd rough night and Mini Bridget is 6!

petitfromage Wed 23-Jan-13 13:02:38

Afternoon all!! Sorry I've been a bit quiet, I decided to just get my head down and not think about ttc for the first half of the month but now I'm definitely approaching that time again... Better dig out my good underwear and open some wine! Haha....
Was a bit disappointed that my body doesn't appear to make babies to order - so now just going to make the most of being not preg (blue cheese, lots of wine, rare steak.....) and not thing to much about the future. Slight lie though as bought an OPK. Well I'm just curious what they say - that's my excuse!
Glad you are all ok - seem to have had more done than us though!
Has anyone made any plans for later in the year that take into account the possibility of being pg? My DH just bought us festival tickets for August - imagine camping if I am 7 months pg!! Well you can't put your life on hold can you....
Hugs and good luck to all this month. Will keep checking in to see how you are getting on!
X

LondonSuperTrooper Wed 23-Jan-13 15:03:50

Hi sorelip and thanks for the update. I fully understand why you have postponed TTC for 6 months or so. Stressing about money whilst pregnant is not good (been there, done that and got the t-shirt!). Best of luck with sorting out DS sleeping. I'm with Bridget as my DS is 5 and we have 3-4 nights a month when our sleep is disturbed.

Bridget I haven't responded to your earlier question. We are buying a house where complete re-wiring and changing of the boiler, radiators and pipes are required. We didn't anticipate this level of work. As we've got DS to consider we have decided to allow 4 weeks between completion and moving in. We have have only allowed a week to paint the entire house and get the carpets fitted..... somewhat of an impossible mission I think!

petit hey I was wondering where you were. I'm in the same position in my cycle. We are meant to be DTD every other night as I'm in my ovulation week. So far we haven't managed to do it once. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is your month for a BFP.

I have sort of thought about being pregnant later on the year but haven't really altered any plans as of yet. Plus with the expense of doing up the house and the actual buying process we are rather short of money and are not planning to go away in the summer. However, we are going to Disneyland in Easter and I keep checking the dates..... if I fall pregnant this cycle then I will be 12 weeks pregnant and I'm already stressed about my scan appointment clashing with my holiday - how crazy am I?!

BJZebra Wed 23-Jan-13 19:45:23

Good luck with your todo list for the next 6 months Sorelip.

BJZebra Wed 23-Jan-13 20:02:39

PetitFromage - I had festival tickets when I found out I was PG with DD. I would of been less than 3 months but I didn't go - really glad I didn't as it was very muddy and rainy I heard. Plus camping with all those smelly, drunk ppl while pg - urghh grin

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Wed 23-Jan-13 21:26:19

Evening all. Just a quick catch up..

kbaby really hope you are now feeling better and the headache has lifted.

petit and London good luck with shag-week. I always have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it's a chance to actually get on with it and try to make it happen (not like the dull 2ww). On the other, it can feel horribly pressured.

I hope the fancy undies do the trick wink

Zebra has AF turned up? Are you still in the game for this month?

Hellllooooo to all the thread 'Fs' - Fridge, Francesca and Fr00tbat

Livened Wed 23-Jan-13 22:05:36

Hi, is it too late to join? We just decided to ttc no.2 now our gorgeous DS turned one. He was conceived first try, but I'm not sure it's going to be so easy this time round. We DTD on the relevant days this week so fingers crossed! Can test on the 2nd Feb - I'm not a patient person so waiting is agony! Wishing you all the best of luck too xx

Fridgedooropen Wed 23-Jan-13 22:53:47

Hello all! Popping in for a quick catch up.

London The house stuff sounds stressful. Crossing my fingers that the mood takes you and your DH during ovulation time.

I totally get the pressured feeling.When we conceived DS it was a month when my expectations were very low (I'd been ill with a horrible bug so we'd only managed it twice and one of those was outside the time zone) so there is hope that even once can do the trick! OTOH it adds fuel to the 'just relax and don't think about it and it'll happen' argument which never fails to annoy me.

sorelip That all sounds sensible. I wish I could be that cool-headed about it. We are waiting to start atm ourselves but I would really like to in Feb/March. Problem is that DH was made redundant a few months back and that put the brakes on. He's now got some temporary work and has the chance of getting funded to retrain but we won't know about the funding till end of March. So I think he would feel much better to know where he stands, though even if it comes through, money will be tighter than before - and it may not come off sad. We haven't agreed a course of action yet as it all feels like being in limbo. So I am hoping very hard that the funding comes through and/or that something else comes along so that we can turn that corner and feel a bit more secure. TTC is certainly a 'heart' rather than a 'head' thing for me atm, so I am waiting not very patiently to see what happens in the next 1-2 months. In the meantime, I'm hanging out here to get and give some good vibes... smile

Livened Hi! Come on in <waves> smile

Fridgedooropen Wed 23-Jan-13 22:58:18

petitfromage sorry it didn't work out this time. Fingers crossed for the next go and enjoy the forbidden fruits of blue cheese confused in the meantime!

Bridget how gut-wrenching to have the chemical pregnancy. I may well have had one without knowing when TTC DS, as I was late on one occasion which these days is unusual for me. We had friends staying so I didn't want to risk the drama of testing, just waited and felt really excited... then AF arrived. It was probably as well I didn't actually test. As ever, fingers crossed for you. I know the 'big week' can take all the fun out of it, though.

My latest: I weighed in again today and have lost another 1lb this week, so 6lbs in total over 3 weeks. Am pretty pleased with that as had a big blow-out meal at the weekend but have tried to correct that other days. Will be pleased when I get to a stone!

Fridgedooropen Wed 23-Jan-13 23:00:15

Zebra I barely had the energy to make tea let alone do a festival in the first three months last time. I'd have slept in my tent all the way through a festival, which is hardly value for money as an experience...

kbaby How are you feeling? Better I hope.

Fridgedooropen Wed 23-Jan-13 23:02:44

Francesca How are you feeling now? I hope you are taking care of yourself.

frootbat same goes for you. Hope all is well.

Good wishes to everyone else - am bound to be missing people out.

BJZebra Wed 23-Jan-13 23:36:03

Hello Livened, my LO has just turned 1 too.
AF arrived and made herself at home hmm
Tbh, just as well this month as I have a lot on. My 40th next week and looking forward to a drink, plus starting back at work week after which will involve a bit of flying for the first month. In reality, probably a bit silly to have tried for this month anyway !

resipsa Thu 24-Jan-13 09:46:30

Hi all. Can I join you too? Always a bit tricky to get into threads "late" but I will do my best! We have been trying for DC2 since DC1 was 9 months old and she turned 2 on Sunday so it's been a bit of a long haul. This time last year was so exciting cause DD had just turned 1 and I was planning my return to work in early Feb (hmm, that wasn't really the exciting bit but I was excited at the prospect of the cash). Found out on 14 Feb that I was pregnant and was ecstatic but sadly had MMC (ERPC on day after Mother's Day in March 12 sad) and no hint ot another pregnancy since then...

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 24-Jan-13 10:40:10

Good morning to all - especially "Livened" and "resipsa" - definitely the more the merrier and certainly not too late.

"resipsa" I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through and that the journey to DC2 is proving to be a rocky and long road. I hope your much longed for good news lies just around the corner.

I know that when 'anniversaries' approach it can be particularly hard.

Fridge I do hope you and DH get some certainty with the work/financial situation soon and well done on the weight loss too < hangs head in shame having made zero effort on the healthy eating front lately blush >

Thank you for your kind words about the cp too, but to be honest I feel a wee bit guilty accepting them. This purely my personal reaction, but I don't feel too bad about it now. I was mightily pissed off and very sad for a couple of days but now I can look back on it without much emotion at all. Just feels like a cruel trick of nature.

Because it came after my miscarriage at 7 weeks in April, it sort of doesn't compare for me - if that makes any sense at all?

But I must emphasise this is simply how I feel. I would completely understand if a woman found it devastating and it had a longer term impact upon her.

Right off to sort out Mini B - she's off school today poorly - joy of joys!

111007kbaby Thu 24-Jan-13 18:01:14

Hi everyone hope all is well, Thankyou so much for your concearn (big hugs) tbh I'm still feeling terrible and have not felt better.
The doc wants to see me again tomorrow so hope she has a remedy sad she wanted me to try with the parecetomol 4 a few days as its still a early pregnancy.

Bridget Thankyou for your tips they have helped I've been buying the kool n soothe pads they take away quite a lot of the pain resting loads aswell, hasn't helped due to my dd being Ill with a bad chest infection it's like it all comes at once.

On a brighter note im ten weeks and not far till my next scan I also get married on valentines day blush so I need to get better as I got a lot of shopping and planning to do. I no talk about shotgun wedding lol my dp has been darling and has planned a ring shopping trip sunday
Not really feeling up to it, but am not going to moan and put a dampner on it just need to beat these headaches.

And this might sound abit physco I don't no of I've done the right thing but Ive been feeling overlly paranoid about this pregnancy so I orderd a sonoline b feral Doppler, I've heard nothing but good things and reviews about them do I'm hoping it will put my mind at ease my dp wasn't really to impressed as he think it's going to turn me in to a maniac. And has said if I get obsessed his taking it away lol so I'm going to try not to become obsessive, isn't it funny you try do hard to fall pregnant but the worry actually gets worse lol.

Well done fridge on the weight loss xxx

Hello resipsa and livened :-)

zebra you should def indulge for your birthday x

And London you don't sound crazy atall lol you sound just like me I worry about things like that before I fell pregnant, my dp you used to plan thing activities and u used to say font be stupid I could be pregnant lol. Keep it up wishfull thinking always pays of xxxxx

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Thu 24-Jan-13 23:25:34

Oh kbaby I'm really ever so disappointed to hear you're still getting terrible headaches. Do they come and go? Or is the pain pretty constant?

I truly hope the doctor has something she can safely prescribe tomorrow. It would be awful to have your wedding day, and the lead up to it, spoilt by being in pain. Arrrggghhh, you must be feeling so fed up.

I completely understand why you've brought the Doppler but I think your soon-to-be DH is right too. If it starts to cause extra anxiety, rather than reassure, it needs to be banished to the back of the cupboard.

Lots of best wishes to your DD - I hope she is on the road to recovery now.

BJZebra Fri 25-Jan-13 13:22:37

Kbaby - hope it goes well at the doctors for you today.

Pentagon Fri 25-Jan-13 14:15:46

Hi everyone! Like resipsa and Livened, I'm new to this thread, if you don't mind me joining you! I have a DD who will be 2 next month, started trying for #2 when she was 17 months, got pregnant straight away but unfortunately had a MMC (discovered at 12 week scan) and ERPC in September. Have been TTC since November with no luck so far - hoping it doesn't take too long but already freaking out as I have been pregnant 3 times (MMC, DD, MMC) and all 3 times it happened straight away. So, I wouldn’t say excited, more like scared and desperate at the moment! But nice to "meet" you all! Bridget I'm pretty sure I've just had a CP as well - hadn't tested but had all the symptoms that I had during the 2WW with all 3 previous pregnancies so was secretly very hopeful... and then AF got me - about a day late - which was a total shock. Anyway...Kbaby good luck today, I hope they offer you something that will help!

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Fri 25-Jan-13 16:36:54

Just wanted to say a quick hello to Pentagon, hopefully I'll be back to post properly later on tonight.

I really need to get on with cooking DD's tea - haven't a clue what she'll have though confused . The fridge is looking worryingly bare...

111007kbaby Fri 25-Jan-13 16:51:33

Hi all and hello pentagon xx

Well doc took bloods and prescribed me nothing lol as she wants to no the cause yet she can understand and see I'm in agony, but I'm just fed up lol to make it worse I now have a sty in my eye woooo it just keeps getting betted Ive been relaxing most of the day.
And now am feeling really weird lightheaded, been in the house is sending me mad and this snow don't help I'm making my self paranoid Im maki g my self Beleive something is wrong and I don't feel pregnant the nausea has stopped today and no breast soreness am I going mental confused the Doppler hasn't arrived yet either :-(

And Bridget my fridge looks the same lol after this week I feel like a invalid, so I'm afraid dd and dp are going to have to have takeaway tonight, as I want to go sit in a dark room lol and feel sorry for my self. Pissed of is not the word I just want to waks up in 9 months and pop this baby out lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now